Talk:Wikimedia Research Network
Wikimania Discussion notes 
How to reconcile the data-mining researchers and the social-scientists who aren't that good at mining data?
- Create a help page for researchers to ask questions and hopefully there will be data-mining researchers helping
- who can help?
- where to do request?
What are the key research questions we should ask in order to allow more informed policies/decisions made among the community?
- form a list of questions that are like, the top ten, for people to make informed decisions.
- Where to post?
International research - how and where to bridge research findings in various languages together?
Wikimania panel 
There will probably be a panel during Wikimania 2006 about doing research on Wikimedia projects. This will probably be an open session with a chance to share ideas and experiences. The remote participation should be good so we can involve people who don't make it to Boston. It remains to be seen whether this will be broken up into two panels - on technical and social angles - or whether all in one. Ideas would be appreciated - what do people want to see, or talk about? Cormaggio @ 16:15, 18 March 2006 (UTC)
- I think that the idea is that technical researchers will probably mainly be interested in the Hacking Days pre-conference, so splitting will not be necessary; certainly, I think it would probably be more suitable for a non-technical focus.
- James F. (talk) 20:35, 18 March 2006 (UTC)
Any people interested in revitalizing this project are most welcome, I have been working on this in the past few days.--Piotrus 02:06, 15 July 2006 (UTC)
- I took the Liberty of including the WRN in the Communitas meta-community-building project. OK? • CQuinton • 00:36, 11 August 2006 (UTC)
How to contact Wikimedia users for surveys? 
- Good idea, but this page is too inactive for discussion of that. --Piotrus 20:13, 15 May 2009 (UTC)