Looks okay, only the two diffrent "grey" colors are not so fine.. -- MichaelDiederich 11:22, 30 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- 1 Redirected to :en:
- 2 Search
- 3 Vandalism
- 4 Updates
- 5 ??
- 6 Why is Bulgarian Wikiquote link not written in Bulgarian?
- 7 Home Page Wikiquote
- 8 Correction
- 9 Look
- 10 Update
- 11 Bosnian on first page
- 12 Wikiquote France link is broken...
- 13 New image
- 14 Take French off the front page?
- 15 Search box
- 16 Add Wikiversity link
- 17 Bosnian
- 18 Slovenian
- 19 Bosnian again
- 20 No french!
- 21 Wikimedia button
- 22 Update
Redirected to :en:
A little problem has happend with that page and the users on IExplorer and Opera browers at least are redirected to en.wikiquote.org, could someone solve this little problem. Thanks Lincher
- Is it still so, Lincher? I hope it has been alread fixed ...--Aphaia | Translate Election | ++ 20:45, 1 May 2005 (UTC)
Can you add the Italian search. We have more articles than Swedish
- I tried to improve it. If it can't work, please feel free to leave your message again. --Aphaia | Translate Election | ++ 20:52, 1 May 2005 (UTC)
Can someone fix the goatse image on the wikiquote portal?
- Please update the language list. thanks--Sajad 12:46, 20 July 2005 (UTC)
Hi! Please, update the language list. The italian Wikiquote has exceeded 1 000 articles. Thanks! --220.127.116.11 12:03, 22 August 2005 (UTC)
- Sorry for bothering you, but I can't find the edit button. :( I'm posting this because a) the Slovene Wikiquote has over 1900 articles and b) it can't be searched automatically in the box on the left. There are two wikiquotes in diferent alphabets (?? and ???), but neither of them is listed on the "biggest wikiquotes" list. Thanks in advance. --18.104.22.168 10:46, 29 August 2006 (UTC)
Is it possible to update the Wikiquote portal to looks like the Wikipedia and Wikisource ones? Sorry about my poor English
- It could be but personally I am reluctant; Wiki(pedia|source) portal is hard to edit. By the way, do you know how to change the placement of logo? Now Wikiquote portal goes wrong ... ;( Aphaia++ 07:07, 2 October 2005 (UTC)
Why is the presentation of the Bulgarian Wikiquote on www.wikiquote.org written in English and something that looks very much like Romanian (Biblioteca liberă? articole?), while all other top Wikiquotes on the portal are represented by their own language?
If you're having trouble with the translation, it should say as follows:
- Колекция от цитати / Свободна библиотека
- 2150+ статии
which translates as:
- Collection of quotations / Free library
- 2150+ articles
As the other links seem to have either free library or collection of quotations and the German one even has simply Quotes, I'm not sure which of the version we should choose and why.
- I am hereby to confirm the Bulgarian translations. Please update the Bulgarian titles (of the fourth largest wikiquote) as soon as possible. --5ko 02:13, 4 December 2005 (UTC)
Home Page Wikiquote
Suggestion for who has authorization: the main page move http://wikiquote.org for a version near to http://wikipedia.org of way it withdraw the space in blank in the part of top, as well like the left lateral column, that occupies unnecessary space. --Chico 18:23, 11 November 2005 (UTC)
Could someone please change the "Zitate" (the describtion below the link to the German wikiquote) to "Zitatsammlung". "Zitate" doesn't really describe wikiquote, "Zitatsammlung" does. "freie Zitatsammlung" would be perfect, but that's to long in my opinion. --22.214.171.124 10:22, 22 December 2005 (UTC) (email@example.com - I'm sorry, but I'm not registered in this wiki)
In my Mozilla Firefox, the Wikiquote portal looks like a mess, frankly. I don't know if it's possible to do something with this page (it doesn't seem to include headers and footers), but it definately should be changed. Jon Harald Søby 10:32, 22 December 2005 (UTC)
Please update the number of articles for es.wikiquote to 1,000. thanks. News, wikiquote--126.96.36.199 00:50, 1 January 2006 (UTC) Please update also the number of articles for sk.wikiquote to 500+. Thank you.--188.8.131.52 09:40, 10 January 2006 (UTC)   Hi, please correct the name of slovak wikiquote from: Zbierkou citátov to: Zbierka citátov.
- could you please update the number of articles for slovak wikiquote to 3500+. thank you
Bosnian on first page
Is suprased the slovak and indonesian, it has 600+ articles, so it has to be on main page...
To be exact it has 678 articles. I have added Bosnian to the 10 languages but could someone help to list it under the scroll-down search menu Wikiquote portal. Thanks --Dado 03:00, 15 January 2006 (UTC)
- As of yet there is an announcement from the Board of the Wikimedia Foundation, why all of its contents were deleted. Further information is available from the foundation-l, its March 2006 archive. See also: Closure of French Wikiquote. --Aphaia 09:03, 3 April 2006 (UTC)
New image on the frontpage i needed: Image:Wikiquote-logo.svg 184.108.40.206 14:29, 2 April 2006 (UTC)
- Done Meteor2017 14:59, 2 April 2006 (UTC)
Take French off the front page?
I don't see any point in having a language on the front page that doesn't have any content, regardless of how widely-used it is in real life. Unless it's coming back really soon that is. If not then I would suggest changing the front page. Mithridates 06:35, 17 May 2006 (UTC)
- I think yoy're right. I'll take it off. Meteor2017 20:21, 17 May 2006 (UTC)
Who is responsible for the search box on www.wikiquote.org? It is totally outdated. Anyone who can update it or explain for me how to do it? --EmirA 21:42, 10 July 2006 (UTC)
Firstly, you can search for quotes in languages that do not even exist as wikiquote projects (e.g. french) and secondly the list with the searchable languages should contain 10 languages from the most successful wikiquote projects. Imo, this needs to be corrected. --EmirA 09:30, 16 July 2006 (UTC)
- Sorry, I think it is too early.
- The Wikimedia Foundation website has listed it not yet.
- It has no (international) portal yet, and I think it inappropriate this international portal has a link to a specific local project which is only a part of global project. (And I am regret Wikibooks has no legitimate international portal).
- I would like to hear others' opinion about that. --Aphaia 11:01, 15 September 2006 (UTC)
- I figured that it wouldn't be a problem, since http://www.wikiversity.org/ features more than one language – two... but the Wikiversity Beta site features several others – and because several Wikipedia, Wiktionary, and Wikibooks editions now feature Wikiversity under their "Sister projects" sections. My only qualm was about including the temporary logo, which is due to be replaced in a month or two. – Minh Nguyễn (talk, contribs) 05:43, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
- After discussion about this issue on comcom, I was persuaded and agree to add Wikiversity to link. As Mxn noted, I am not sure it is the best to have the temporary logo, but Brad Patrick at the Foundation Office encouraged to add it and hence advertise the presence of this project.
- My concern is, now, if it has a proper brief description (alike "Free encyclopedia"), not only English but also other projects. If you have it already, please put it as a request at TR/quick. Thank you! --Aphaia 05:59, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
- The description on English Wikipedia is "Free learning materials and activities" but I don`t know if that`s "official". --220.127.116.11 07:28, 18 September 2006 (UTC)
- I agree. I think it's not a problem to have a temporary logo, since the Wikibooks and Wiktionary logos are also "temporary": they will be changed after the votes here on Meta. Korg + + 02:35, 22 September 2006 (UTC)
Bosnian has surpassed the Bulgarian Wikiqutoe. Could someone please move it up a spot? Thank you very much. Kseferovic 03:01, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
- Not done, because I don't actually understand what should be moved, where and why? -- mzlla 05:35, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
- Perhaps Kseferovic may have implied the order of projects should have been by article numbers. I have no idea if it is the direction we are going to ...
- Another concern I have however. See the portal around Itarian project. Its fringe covers the logo and the logo loses a part of it. I am not happy to leave our logo in this way, but I have no idea how to fix it. sign. --Aphaia 19:12, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
Finally I have reason to justify what I have stated previously. Bosnian has surpassed Bulgarian by about 90+ articles. As of today Bosnian has 3007 articles. What I was asking before, is for Bosnian to be moved up in front of Bulgarian. This is being done by other Wikimedia projects (i.e. Wikinews, etc.) if a language srupasses another one with the number of articles. Also, for the search bar, could someone please put Bosnian before Bulgarian since alphabetically Bosnian comes before Bulgarian (Check the main page of Wikinews for an example). Bosnian "bs" comes before Bulgarian "bg" since Bosnian/bosanski comes before Bulgarian/bulgarski. This is the standard that the wikimedia projects follow (this applies for languages with unrecognizable letters of characters: Chinese, Cyrillic, Japanese, etc.) Thanks a lot, Kseferovic 07:09, 5 January 2007 (UTC)
Is there no french wikiquote? What about spanish? I was reading above, is someone sabotaging the this page or was it just removed? If it is not available in the circle, at least make it available in the pull down menu on the left side... or the bottom side. (this message was posted 20 Feb 2007) (Hopefully someone answer before next year!)—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk)
- French Wikiquote is too small to be listed here currently (less than 1,000 articles). So as the Spanish one (not among top 10). If we want to include them, we need to remove more active projects and they will be unhappy. As for the bottom side we agreed once not to list individual projects. So I cannot do what you want ignoring the community consensus. You are invited to begin a discussion however to improve the current design. Thank you.--Aphaia 05:26, 21 February 2007 (UTC)
I think the Wikimedia button on the bottom of the page should link to the Foundation site, rather than to the image page for the button. When I clicked the button, I really expected to be directed to an actual website. Most of the other interlanguage wiki portals, including Wikipedias, link to the foundation site for an ovierview of the organzation.--22.214.171.124 09:11, 4 March 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you for your comment. I checked other portals, and Wikipedia, Wikibooks and Wikisource (international one) have image buttons. I agree with you that image buttons are more helpful. I have currently no idea what the best way to render it, and welcome all helps. --Aphaia 10:32, 4 March 2007 (UTC)
Italian wikiquote (at the moment 6036, see q:it:Special:Statistics) has stably passed the polish one (at the moment 5874, see q:pl:Special:Statistics). Please update, thanks --Kronin▄¦▀ 14:40, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
- yup..updated both ..thanks :) ...--Cometstyles 14:48, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks, could you please exchange their position too? --Kronin▄¦▀ 19:15, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
- hmm I tried to change sides but in Preview, the Italian wikiquote leaned a lot into the circle because of the length of this word "Aforismi e citazioni in libertà"..so I will ask another admin if they can do it :) ..--Cometstyles 19:28, 8 January 2008 (UTC)