Tell us about Lithuanian Wikipedia
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This page belongs to the project Tell us about your Wikipedia.
Lietuvių kalba (Lithuanian language)
- Wikimedia Statistics can be difficult to interpret. What is your impression, how many steady contributors do you have?
- Are your contributors mostly native speakers?
- Where do your contributors live (regions/country)?
- How common is it that your contributors meet in real life?
- Do you have special contacts with other Wikipedias (maybe in related languages)?
- Samogitian wikipedia (dialect of Lithuanian) --Windom 17:28, 4 October 2008 (UTC)
- Do you translate a lot from other Wikipedias? Which ones?
Organization and support
- Is there a Wikimedia chapter in your country? How does your language relate to it?
- No. There were plans to make it but it failled. Hugo.arg 19:37, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
- Are there work groups in other organizations about Wikipedia?
- No. Hugo.arg 19:37, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
Your Wikipedia and the linguistic community
- Is there a language institution for your language, like an Academy, or a club of people interested in your language? Do you have contact with them?
- There is national language commision but wikipedia has no official contacts with it. Hugo.arg 19:37, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
- Who (else) supports you?
- What does the public outreach for your edition look like? Do you have fliers, give lectures, training etc.?
- Public relations in TV and radio programs, internet sites. Hugo.arg 19:37, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
- Do you get feedback from readers?
- What other encyclopedias exist in your language?
- Does your edition concentrate on certain topics, like your region and language, or Latin Wikipedia on Roman history and Christianity?
- We try to develop project in various subjects. Sure, we have a good information database about Lithuania. Hugo.arg 19:37, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
- Did your edition enjoy text donations, for example from older encyclopedias?
- Yes, we adapt more info from modern and older encyclopedias. Hugo.arg 19:37, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
- Is there a generally accepted norm about your language (spelling, dictionary, pronunciation)?
- Yes. Hugo.arg 19:37, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
- How do you deal with different spellings, dialects etc. (like B.E. lift and A.E. elevator)?
- We use normative Lithuanian language so we haven't a lo of problems about it. If we have questions about specific terminology we ask to language commision. Hugo.arg 19:37, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
- Main/Front page of your Wikipedia: http://lt.wikipedia.org