Tell us about Saterlandic Wikipedia
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This page belongs to the project Tell us about your Wikipedia.
Seelterfräiske Wikipedia (Seeltersk, Saterfriesisch, Saterfrisian, Saterlandic) 
- Wikimedia Statistics can be difficult to interpret. What is your impression, how many steady contributors do you have?
- Three to five --Pyt 09:16, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- Are your contributors mostly native speakers?
- No, most of them have learned seeltersk as a second or third language --Pyt 09:16, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- Where do your contributors live (regions/country)?
- In Germany and Holland --Pyt 09:16, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- How common is it that your contributors meet in real life?
- There have been a few bilateral meetings --Pyt 09:16, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
Other Wikipedias 
- Do you have special contacts with other Wikipedias (maybe in related languages)?
- Do you translate a lot from other Wikipedias? Which ones?
- We try to write original articles, especially in items regarding Seelterlound itself, but also from fields which are of our personal interest. A selection of original material is given here. Otherwise material is used from other Wikipedias, where we try to keep articles short and clear. --Pyt 14:15, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
Organization and support 
- Is there a Wikimedia chapter in your country? How does your language relate to it?
- Are there work groups in other organizations about Wikipedia?
Your Wikipedia and the linguistic community 
- Is there a language institution for your language, like an Academy, or a club of people interested in your language? Do you have contact with them?
- Saterfrisian is subject of the universities of Oldenburg, of Groningen, of Kiel, and of the Fryske Akademy. There is contact occasionally. --Pyt 14:40, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- Who (else) supports you?
- What does the public outreach for your edition look like? Do you have flyers, give lectures, training etc.?
- Do you get feedback from readers?
- What other encyclopedias exist in your language? :No others. --Pyt 14:40, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- Does your edition concentrate on certain topics, like your region and language, or Latin Wikipedia on Roman history and Christianity?
- History and language of the region are important items in addition to general knowledge. --Pyt 14:40, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- Did your edition enjoy text donations, for example from older encyclopedias?
- Is there a generally accepted norm about your language (spelling, dictionary, pronunciation)?
- How do you deal with different spellings, dialects etc. (like B.E. lift and A.E. elevator)?
- There is some tolerance with spelling variations. --Pyt 14:40, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
See also 
- Main/Front page of your Wikipedia: http://stq.wikipedia.org