Kushtet e përdorimit/Hyrje
- Better understanding: The updated agreement includes an easy-to-read template summary to help facilitate understanding of the terms.
- Stronger security: The updated terms prohibit a number of actions – such as installing malware – that could compromise Wikimedia systems. Though these restrictions do not represent a change in policy, they provide clarity as to what is unacceptable behavior.
- Clearer roles: In response to requests for guidance, the updated agreement clarifies the roles and responsibilities of the community, including editors and contributors. These terms also seek to provide guidelines to help users avoid trouble.
- More community feedback: The updated agreement ensures that future updates will be accompanied by a collaborative discussion process. The update gives users at least a 30-day comment period before a major revision goes into effect (with Board approval). There is a three-day exception for urgent legal and administrative changes.
- Clearer free licensing: According to some, the previous ToU was sometimes confusing in regards to free licensing requirements. The updated agreement attempts to explain more clearly those requirements for editors and contributors (without changing existing practices).
- Better legal protection: The updated terms incorporate legal sections that are commonly used to help safeguard a site like ours, such as better explanation of our hosting status as well as disclaimers and limitations on liability for the Foundation.
Suffice it to say, we are consistent with other like-minded organizations, which have incorporated similar agreements, including the Internet Archive, Creative Commons, Mozilla Firefox, Open Source Initiative, Project Gutenberg, Linux Foundation, Stack Exchange, WikiSpaces, and WordPress.com.