Suggestion for translators: You may arrange section and place a list of press releases instead.
see also the other press releases on Meta
- Advisory Board
- 01/29/2007 : The Wikimedia Foundation announces the creation of an Advisory Board to the Board of Trustees. Comprised of individuals well known in their respective fields, the new Advisory Board will provide Wikipedia's governing body with their expertise and consultation in several areas, including strategic long term planning. Angela Beesley, former Wikimedia Foundation Board member and co-founder of Wikia, will act as Chair. (Japanese)
- Give the Gift of Knowledge: Wikimedia Foundation launches Year-end Fundraiser to Support Projects
- 12/16/2006 : The Wikimedia Foundation announced a three-week fundraising campaign to help support the future operation and expansion of its free, multilingual wiki-based projects. The fundraiser runs from December 16, 2005 through January 6, 2006, and Wikimedia will accept donations in dozens of currencies from individuals and organizations around the globe.
- Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees reorganised
- 10/28/2006 : The Wikimedia Foundation has announced a reorganisation of its Board of Trustees, with Florence Devouard replacing Jimmy Wales as Chair of the Board. The Board voted unanimously to elect Devouard as the Chair of the Board, with Tim Shell as Vice-Chair, Erik Möller as Executive Secretary, and Michael Davis as Treasurer.
Archived releases: 2006, 2005, 2004
- Wikipedia, Stronger and More Stable than ever, thanks to our Community's Support, 13 Feb 2007 (Chinese, French, Finnish, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Spanish)
General press inquiries should be sent to: email@example.com
By phone - contact Sandra Ordonez, Communication Manager at +1-727-231-0101
Additionally, interview contacts from regions or languages not listed may be reached through this contact address.
You can contact Wikimedia Foundation chair Florence Devouard (aka Anthere) directly
- by email - fdevouard (at) wikimedia.org
You can contact Wikipedia founder Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales directly:
- by email - jwales (at) wikimedia.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +61 (0)3 9018 7308
- Kat Walsh - Herndon, VA, Member Board of Trustees, Wikimedia Foundation
- kat (at) wikimedia (dot) org
- mapellegrini (at) comcast (dot) net
- Nicholas Moreau, Toronto ON (English)
- walter (at) wikipedia (dot) be
- timo (dot) jyrinki (at) hut (dot) fi
- +358 43 200 5020
- joonas (dot) lyytinen (at) ri (dot) fi
- +358 45 63 99 700
- email: press-fr (at) wikimedia (dot) org
- Florence Devouard - Chair Board of Trustees, Wikimedia Foundation
- Pierre Beaudouin - Chairman Wikimédia France
Germany and Austria
- email: press-de (at) wikimedia (dot) org
- Kurt Jansson - Chairman Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
- Phone +49 (0)30 - 610 74 581
- Arne Klempert - Executive Director Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
- Phone +49 (0)700-WIKIMEDIA (+49-700-945463342)
- ubifrieda (at) gmail (dot) com
Norway See Presse
- chris.nyborg (at) online (dot) no
Poland See Biuro prasowe
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (+48) 0 516 306 220
- press (at) wikimedia (dot) ch
- Frédéric Schütz, +41 (0)79 820 40 44 (French, English)
- Nando Stöcklin, +41 (0)62 751 39 42 (German, English)
- Ilario Salvatore Valdelli, (+41) 76 482 13 71, or firstname.lastname@example.org (Italian)
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 (0)20 7193 1193
- Skype: jdforrester
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 07733 223 584 or (+44) 7733 223 584
- Is also a press contact for Wikimedia UK
Note that most press contacts do not speak in an "official" capacity, merely as recognised and trusted volunteers.