From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
I would like to enroll the Semantic MediaWiki project with the following possible contributions:
- I've experience in natural language processing, particularly in the field of machine translation (English, Japanese, Spanish and Basque)
- I don't believe ontologies can help much translating unrestricted text, however Wikipedia templates -with their controlled language- offer a perfect ground to pursue and enhace source English content transfer into multilingual target texts (critical for minority languages).
- I've been contributing with Spanish Wikipedia for two years, and allways felt the need of introducing semanitcs in the way its is described in http://ontoworld.org/wiki/Semantic_MediaWiki
- I've recently taken part in several projects dealing with Semantic UDDI/SOAP, OAI-PMH, TEI and TMX standards.
- At present we are woking on a Collaborativo Ontology Building System that should be further inspired by Semantic MediaWiki.
- We are working on a new project proposal, Wikisphere2.plus whose main aim is to test possible ways of fostering distributed wiki interoperability. We welcome partner proposals.
More Info: http://www.deli.deusto.es/wiki