From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Many things happen throughout a day. I use this log to keep track of things I did or plan to do (mostly related to wikis and the engineering environment around that). This is not a Wikimedia staff log
(these activities can be volunteer contributions to Wikimedia wikis, volunteer contributions to jQuery projects, stuff I do for my own projects or blog, work I do for the Wikimedia Foundation, work I do for the jQuery Foundation, etc.). Activities listed here are for mostly for my own reference, but others may find the transparency useful. Expand this section or check User:Krinkle for more info about me.
Stuff I do on a daily basis:
- MediaWiki core: Front-end development, ResourceLoader, Code Review, bug hunting and fixing, and whatever comes to mind.
- MediaWiki extensions: As a member of the Wikimedia Foundation's Features Engineering team I work on several projects such as ResourceLoader, Continuous integration, ArticleFeedback and MoodBar.
- Gadgets and other scripts: As a community member I maintain/write many gadgets and site-wide scripts on numerous wikis. I often fix bugs, update versions, clean up and refresh old gadgets etc..
- Toolserver: Maintenance and creation of tools on the Toolserver. On User:Krinkle/Tools is a fairly complete overview of the different tools I created. There's also technical-oriented documentation for some of them on the Toolserver wiki here. I'm also the creator of the multi-maintainer project called "Toolserver Intuition" (for more info, check the Intuition project pages at translatewiki.net and toolserver wiki).
- MediaWiki.org: Writing technical documentation on MediaWiki.org.
- Countervandalism Network: Since early 2010 I'm a member of the Countervandalism Network (senior staff). An unofficial semi-formal organization independent from the Wikimedia Foundation destined to join forces against vandalism by offering hosting for and building/maintaining tools. Sub-initiatives: Small Wiki Monitoring Team and CVNBot. See also CVN Server admin log.
- Wikimedia wikis: Although my account is unified on all 800+ wikis, I'm mostly active on Wikimedia Commons and the Dutch Wikipedia, both on which I'm an administrator doing maintenance tasks (patrolling edits and uploads, counter-vandalism, copyright violations, etc.). See also my global account overview.
- jQuery projects: TestSwarm, QUnit, jQuery core, jQuery Testing Team.
- jQuery plugins: jQuery JSON plugin (co-owner).
- Read mailing lists (commons-l, cvn, cvn-private, engineering, mediawiki-announce, mediawiki-l, moderators-nl, newprojects-l, toolserver-l, wikitech-ambassadors, wikitech-l, wikitext-l, wmfall). Feeds: mediawiki-CVS, wikibugs-l
- Continuous integration: Monitor and fix regressions at integration.mediawiki.org
- BugZilla: Tickets assigned to me • Unresolved bugs I follow • Open BugZilla component bugs • Bugs recently resolved by me
- Wiki watchlists (mediawikiwiki, metawiki, nl.wik*, commonswiki, en.wik*, de.wik*)
- Commit activity: Wikimedia Git • GitHub • MediaWiki SVN
Activities this week (2011-11-28 - 2011-12-04)
- WMF Features Tech (Weekly Meeting, Tuesday 8pm CET)
- Research Dept: Technical implementation Harvard Sciences Pro on WMF CentralNotice.
- (bug 32733) ApiSandbox seems broken on the cluster