notconfirmed --Aphaia 16:30, 14 August 2006 (UTC)
notacandidate is endorsed by:
- A great platform. This is someone who clearly understands the issues Wikipedia is facing and who can lead the organisation to continued success. --Deprifry 10:26, 12 August 2006 (UTC)
- I like the way Mel thinks! Austin 15:16, 12 August 2006 (UTC)
- I fully support Melphine's plans, and would like to add that we need to set up a Klingon edition of Wikisource as well, because you can't really appreciate Hamlet unless you've read it in the original Klingon.--Eloquence 19:10, 12 August 2006 (UTC)
- I will enthusiastically cast notavote for notacandidate, whose notleadership and notdirection will serve the Foundation notwell. Notmindspillage 21:53, 12 August 2006 (UTC)
- She has a zippin' ability of some sort... Antfish
- Melphine is spot on about Real Life conferences. IRC all the way! She has my notavote. phoebe 19:17, 21 August 2006 (UTC)
- If I have to lose Jerusalem, I would rather lose it to Notacandidate than Anyothercandidate. -- Cimon Avaro 16:20, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
- I wholeheartedly believe she has the best goals for the Wikipedia Foundation. Willy on Wheels 17:16, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
- delete, nn. Kate 21:09, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
- Picture says all. A not-working not-candidate. Yés, you got my not-attention. --Dbl2010 20:34, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
Notacandidate hard at work.
||Königstein, Germany (up a bit and then right from Paris, France)
||34 (256985 in klingon minutes)
|Wikimedia participant since
|Projects in which I participate
||Wikipédia and all projects where I have a user name, plus a number of secret and separate wikis
|Languages in which I participate
||I can read Russian, but I don't understand it
|Link to user contribution pages
||I have ziglions of those, but my real achievements were on the Klingon Wikipedia, which is nowhere to be found at the moment. You might want to ask a developer for my edit count on tlh.
|My candidate statement
||These are the main themes of my campaign
- Organisational changes
- Name: To avoid confusion, the organization should be renamed to the "Wikipédia Foundation." Anyone with a Wikipédia account (at least on the French Wikipedia) will be a member. There should be an arbitration committee at the Foundation level to make sure that edit wars are taken care of and that Wikilove prevails. The Wikipedia Foundation board should be helped in its daily business by a non-advisory board composed of French and English Wikipedia admins with less than 1000 edits, to keep the spirit fresh.
- Structure and projects: I believe the Foundation should be run as a Wiki Project (in the name space Project:) on the French Wikipedia, probably with a sister WikiProject on the German Wikipedia. New employees should be voted on using quickpolls. Chapters will be set up as InterWiki links to different language Wikipedias. I believe that all other projects but Wikipedia should be erradicated, except maybe the English Wikisource, for the Shakespeare texts it has (although those are available everywhere on the internet, really) are indeed interesting.
- Bylaws: The bylaws should be on a wiki open to everyone for edition. The persons with the most edits on the bylaws should be the one who decides when they are ok and ready to be signed.
- PR and communications: I am looking to be in the front row, make sure that the press talks to me and not to some people nobody in Wikipedia knows about. I am a great wikipedian and have written fantastic articles, and most of them are now featured articles. Actually, I am about to become the featured article queen on the French Wikipedia, which definitely makes me the best representant of Wikipedia in the whole world.
- Real life and online experiences: From my experience in participating in Wikimania, I have concluded that real life conferences are not worth the trouble. Therefore all future Wikimanias will take place on the #wikipedia channel on IRC. I'll be happy to act as an operator. The irc channel should be moderated and only people with more than 10000 edits will be given voice access. As a matter of fact, I do not believe that Real Life meetings of any kind should be encouraged as one tends to like the people better when meeting them for real and actually get work done. Primary tools for communication should be public mailing lists and irc channels.
- International scope: Of course, the Wikipedia Foundation should be relocated to Malintrat, amidst the Auvergne volcanoes, so as to change the center of attention. We might even consider the North Pole when I am elected, as I like the cold better.
- Past and future: I am convinced that the future of Wikipedia resides in the reenabling of the klingon Wikipedia, and I will use all my strength and power to make sure that happens.
|For questions, please post here
||Le Bistro en français, English Wikipedia Village Pump in English, or if you really insist, here