This page tests the marvellous
<ref> feature to be found here.
- Multiple references to same citation
- Nested references
And if I do this Cite error: Closing
</ref> missing for
<ref> tag, does it work also?
No, it would appear that you cannot nest references, which might be a shame .
- Order should not be significant
- Cannot redefine citation
So what happens if I do this ? It would appear that the first reference is definitive: you can refer to it again, but any text you put in is ignored.
- Unique named instance used to have extra label, now fixed
So if you have a unique instance of a reference ,
then you get a label as if there were more than one even if there isn't you now get just the ordinary single-reference notation.
- Commented-out <ref> still triggers
- "foo" reference
- "bar" reference
- this is where we actually define "fubar"
- like this, say, which is never re-used