From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
- Intern project
- Lang-lists for placenames, &c.
- New fonts. R.Project.
- Coordination models : lj (single-dispatch), ravers(sf)
- APIs for parallelizing tasks : RCP, other P, parcelling software
- Feedback for steady progress-sense : WWW|N
Subproject development 
- Wikipeople (see Biojack, founded in October of 2004)
- Places for informative/historical Wikinovels, Wikigames, Wikimusic/art, and other free-form information wrapped up in collaborative content
- Wikifood (see Wikipes, founded 1/1/2005)
- In libraries, @ schools : Wikipedia Wissenswochenende
- Via informal UG's (cf wm disc w/elian, jd)
- Via press releases, postering, parties, QA
- Via Wikimania : conf
Press, Marketing 
Finding cheap ways to get out T-shirts, mugs, &c. Reaching out to news orgs that express and interest Making it easy to reach contributors for comment & interviews (cf. de, Fragen der Süddeutschen Zeitung, etc)
Division of Labor 
Reaching out to people not currently caught up in a larger engine.
Dev tasks that languish for inattention: langXX.php updates and lang files to update non-dev tasks for devs, reattribution of edits, ...
Technical Development 
Efficient Scaling of Services 
(services, not <particular technical feature>")
- Identifying very cheap/scalable tools
- Identifying key services provided, mapping services to tech features
Recent notes on Q3-4 hardware budget, efficiencies 80% solution: be great at 80% of features, for 10% the cost; graceful degrading
- Editorial review (See also non-tech issues below)
- Other tech plans, tar pitted and otherwise
Wiki HTML parser (10/03), transparent page renaming (see also MM's Editable_titles)
- Identifying bottlenecks as the arise
DB upgrade 
- Schema update (better metadata/auditing, flags, normaliz'n)
- See Language integration below
- Unilogins -- Single login et al.
- Portals, Main Page and other splash pages
What to do with www.wikipedia.org - conv + vote dead ca 2/2003 portal dead ca 3/2004... all dead by 4/2005?
- Ways for users to be part of the broader project and MW community
Newsletter & anncmt-mailing-list signups, persal fat on registration Freshman dorms - places designed for newbies Guilds - keeping assoc've grps to human-manageable sizes
- Ombudsman network
- Chapter and Verse
Verein: ... Other: (list)
Communication Channels 
Mailing lists & communication 
where are the multiling ones? major annonces? how about non-mls comprised of WM emails of people who want annonces? Board & other meetings: Vereins-Chat(de), ...
Written Record 
Coordinating writing things down, by group/subject area
Technical - wikidev, meta: pages, committee? Grants - Grants, NEH recap?, NEH format Translations - Translation procedures, Phrase-transl-lists (server downtime, php files, &c)
Global messages 
- News, for downtimes & annonces
[14|21:52] <_sj_> so maybe also a little "Wikimedia news" mesg [14|21:52] <_sj_> available for inclusion on any project
- Other rss feeds
- ... of WMF pages, MW messages, etc
See Talk:Wikimedia Fundraising page, Wikimedia Fundraising page (Deutsch) Language files to be updated & Requests for languageXX.php update -- old reqs? LocalSettings.php
- from Talk:Language files to be updatedSo long as the schedule remains unknown, the incentive is to rush out a translation for fear of not getting on the train in time, so to speak. This is particularly true of new language Wikipedias, for which missing an update cycle translates to a major diff. A-giâu 15:43, 19 Jun 2004
- en masse, small and large
Translation reqs; older attempts: Election notice translations 2004
- ... of Press releases, copyright notices & legal text
Delicacy req'd; skilled prufers (w/suitable specialization) needed
Collected on-wiki 
- Referrers, most popular pages, editors by wiki by # of edits
User, Edit & Article Metadata 
- Local observations (non-bot, vandal; significant edit; peer-reviewed, featured, pov, facts disputed, protected, deleted)
- Global obsvs (serious contrib, troll; ...; needs transl/editing/grammar/fact-chcking, prone to edit wars)
- The future of WP, specifically Wikipedia in schools, Anti-vandalism ideas, Automatic edit war squashing, ...
- Other ideas: Layered ice
New thoughts: Default view of content, Default simple interface see also WP 1.0, under #Grand Designs.
Statistics & Auditing 
Requests for queries, db stats Clickthrough stats (use 3d-party svc?)
Clean Policies 
- Editorial policy, vandalism, &c
- Copyright, trademark and their brethren
suggested intro changes explanation of CC/GNU parallels & compatibility, other spectra appropriate logo use
- Resources and toolchains for organization & order
Tools for eff. communication and wiki-use (non-ml group-mail, ...) Templates for subpolicies, orgal work
Occasional Beauty 
Grand Designs 
and other proposed projects
News a la Wiki 
See also Wikidigest.
Dead Tree Wiki 
- WikiReaders : $5k in seed money from JW to individuals in Germany? Details...
TomK spearheaded the de: project and 1st en: Reader. Results: initial run of 1000? printed 6/04? sold 300 by 7/04? all unsure. Thinking of ways to sell wholesale or at a slight loss now, 7/21.