Hello, and welcome to meta, a multilingual wiki for meta-content and discussions about the Wikimedia projects.
You can get started in a few ways:
- Browse Recent Changes and reading our page of global policies
- Visit the Babel and Wikimedia forums
- Browse the latest project ideas and translation requests
- Read the latest news and see what else is going on here.
Awesome to see you around here 
More people from sw:wp should hang out on Meta. we could use a few ambassadors... and say, we need a good Swahili main page for commons.wikimedia.org !—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Sj (talk • contribs) .
Conflict of interest 
- Let me rephrase this. My problem is not in whether or not a board member should be on the chapcom with voting rights, I agree they probably shoulnd't, as Lodewijk pointed out, advising yourself is kind of weird. But conflict of interest is a very strong word to use in that context. So I'm interested what you think might be the benefit or interest a board member would get if they were on the chapcom. notafish }<';> 20:33, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, your right. Calling it a "conflict of interest" may be overstating the situation. I used it for lack of a better word. My only concern was in the part where Lodewijk would be advising himself. Abbasjnr 09:17, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
Fellowship idea on editor engagement in small Wikipedias 
Hello Abbas, I see you endorsed the idea on editor engagement strategies for new or smaller Wikipedias. Just to let you know that I made brief changes on ideas of the project and elaborated the phases in more specific way. Expecting your valuable opinion to develop it further. Thanks a lot in advance. :-) — 21:56, 20 February 2012 (UTC)
Individual grants committee 
Hi! We’re looking for volunteers to serve on a committee that helps select grantees for WMF’s new Individual Engagement Grants program. More info is on the committee's meta page. Siko (WMF) (talk) 22:47, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
Hello!, I am making a new wiki which is called Wikichild since I have saw that the people of children users of Wikipedia became more and more, but I have realised that the words in Wikipedia was really too hard for them and also me to read and understand. So, I want to build a new wiki to collect articles from Wikipedia and change it shorter and simplier for the childrens to read. At last, I hope the you will support this project. Thank you! Chihonglee (talk) 00:25, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
Please leave your sign if you love this project: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikichild
- Hm, there are two Wikis for youth yet: Wikijunior (see website) and Wikikids. That's why I don't understand that proposial yet - is there anything different? — Allrounder (talk) 00:12, 3 February 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost 
I've emailed you on a Signpost matter.