global editinterface rights
Hei Addshore, how about requesting global editinterface rights (see Interface editors) for Addbot on SRGP#Requests for other global permissions? I think your bot is trusted much and that would help very much on all wikis, so that the bot won’t leave so many interwikis on the protected pages anymore. Otherwise, it would be very much unnecessary work manually to remove these interwikis on the protected pages on every wiki, and in many of the wikis the interwikis would get older and older, because noone cares about this there. That wouldn’t help anybody in any way. So, because your bot is AFAIK the one which removes most of the interwikis (which are on Wikidata) globally, it would be great, if it could do so also on every protected page. I don’t know how long it takes for the bot to check every page in every wiki and remove the interwikis everywhere, but normally, editinterface editors get the global editinterface rights for one year. I think this would be more than enough for this work, and I also think there would be many supporters for this request, even if I don’t know if any bot has got those global rights before, but we can try to solve this (interwiki) problem this way. :-) Greetings --– Geitost diskusjon 13:44, 1 June 2013 (UTC)
- Someone told me to do this on the weekend and I havn't quite got around to it yet, but I will do it now and will post a link here once done! ·Add§hore· Talk To Me! 13:46, 1 June 2013 (UTC)
- See Steward_requests/Global_permissions#global_editinterface_rights_for_Addbot ·Add§hore· Talk To Me! 13:49, 1 June 2013 (UTC)
Huggle for IOS and Android
- Hmm, I don't really see this happening any time in the near future :/ There are no plans for a mobile version although there is currently a plan in motion to rewrite the whole application. ·addshore· talk to me! 10:35, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
- It has been proposed before and it would be an insane thing to have but in the current position of the huggle project there is no way we can develop such a thing. Our current priority is to redevelop huggle and release huggle 3. ·addshore· talk to me! 10:35, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
Why link on official site remove in UO:ru? It was approved by administration. Why in UO:de not removed? Why it not remove in sv, simple, it, lt, pt and many others, look like racism for the Russian auditory of wikipedia. Why bot who have name Add made remove, maybe it very big mistake in source code of the bot?
Please fix your bot and put back links in right place.
- Hi there, If you are talking about this edit and the removal of Официальный сайт игры and Сайт русского сообщества Ultima Online, this was not the bot. Please take another look at the page history. ·addshore· talk to me! 10:32, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
- Cheers! I will add this to the bot soon! ·addshore· talk to me! 14:04, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
Egyptian Arabic translation
- Cheers! I will add this to the bot sooon too! ·addshore· talk to me! 14:05, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
Addbot skipping Hebrew interwiki
Hello Addshore. I'm an editor and vandalism patroller on the Dutch wiki. Recently I came across this edit by Addbot on "our" Longitude. It would seem as if it didn't remove the interwiki to our Hebrew colleagues. Just wanted to let you know. No need to reply as I'm rarely here. Regards, Sander1453 (talk) 21:49, 16 June 2013 (UTC)
- It's because the link was to a section! Such links are not included on Wikidata :) ·addshore· talk to me! 14:06, 17 June 2013 (UTC)