مرحبا! ضع رسائلك هنا.
Hello! Add messages here.
Arabic translation of Mayflower 
Hi Alnokta, thank you very much for translating Mayflower into Arabic! I've uploaded your translated file to the toolserver, and it should be available at http://tools.wikimedia.de/~tangotango/mayflower/?il=ar . Please check that the right-to-left support I added to Mayflower is working properly and looks fine :-) If there's anything else that looks weird or needs changing, please tell me. Once again, thank you very much!! Cheers, Tangotango 03:25, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for taking a look, I've uploaded the typo-corrected version now. I wouldn't say localizing the logo is a priority right at the moment, because (1) I am planning on redesigning or replacing the logo very soon (2) While text localizations can be done very easily (as they are just text), managing several different localized logos takes up extra toolserver resources (3) It's not easy to coordinate changing all the localized logos when I need to change the logo. I hope you will understand--I'm not against localization at all, just that this is a search engine that still needs refining in the important bits :-) Cheers, Tangotango 04:00, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
Ar WP Arbitration Committee 
Mohammad, could you please take a look at my talk page, and reply to the question asked there about the level of activity of Arabic Wikipedia Arbitration Committee? Huji 19:17, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
- Because I followed what others did? to my recollection I didnt find anyone leaving old milestones? If I passed by something and didnt notice feel free to re-add it --Shipmaster 11:54, 31 May 2007 (UTC)
- I just checked it, your edit is the only duplicated one, I understand that there is no rule, but why be the odd one out? --Shipmaster 22:54, 31 May 2007 (UTC)
ottoman wiki 
Dear محمد مجدى
I am a history teacher in from Istanbul and I am a administrator at test ottoman wikipedia. Thank you very much for your vote and for your comment.
--Tarih 03:02, 1 June 2007 (UTC)
please send your real-name, your wikiname, your prefered login-name and the public part of your ssh-key to . We plan to create your account soon then. --DaB.
- Dear Mohammad, I would be grateful if you explain the steps you took for getting a toolserver account. I think I need to do so, in near future.
Best, Huji 08:17, 14 June 2007 (UTC)
مرحبا يا نكته هل يوجد شخص من ويكيبيديا العربية يمكن أن يترشح لانتخابات مجلس الأمناء, أتمنى أن تقوم أنت بهذا, ولو حتى كان شئ شرفي لنثبت وجودنا هنا --Mmustafa 11:48, 18 June 2007 (UTC)
أوكاي, فلنبدا بالتصويت أولا, ولنأجل الترشيح, خلصت أمتحانات اليوم وأريد أن أساعدك في الترجمة, ماذا تريد أن أبدا فيه --Mmustafa 15:50, 18 June 2007 (UTC)
أنتهيت من الترجمة, ما رايك فيها --Mmustafa 22:22, 19 June 2007 (UTC)
Striking your vote 
Thank you for your interest in the Wikimedia Board Election. The Election Committee regretfully informs you that your previous vote was received in error and will be struck according to the election rules, described below.
The Election Committee regretfully announces today that we will have to remove approximately 220 votes submitted. These votes were cast by people not entitled to vote. The election rules state that users must have at least 400 edits by June 1 to be eligible to vote.
The voter lists we sent to Software in the Public Interest (our third party election partner) initially were wrong, and one of your account was eventually included to our initial list. There was a bug in the edit counting program and the sent list contained every account with 201 or more edits, instead of 400 or more edits. So large numbers of people were qualified according to the software who shouldn't be. The bug has been fixed and an amended list was sent to SPI already.
Our first (and wrong) list contains 80,458 accounts as qualified. The proper number of qualified voters in the SPI list is now 52,750. As of the morning of July 4 (UTC), there are 2,773 unique voters and 220 people, including you, have voted who are not qualified based upon this identified error.
In accordance with voting regulations the Election Committee will strike those approximately 220 votes due to lack of voting eligibility. The list of struck votes is available at https://wikimedia.spi-inc.org/index.php/List_of_struck_votes.
We are aware of the possibility that some of the people affected may have other accounts with more than 400 edits, and hence may still be eligible to vote. We encourage you to consider voting again from another account, if you have one. If you have no other account eligible to vote, we hope you reach the criteria in the next Election, and expect to see your participation to the future Elections.
Your comments, questions or messages to the Committee would be appreciated, you can make them at m:Talk:Board elections/2007/en. Other language versions are available at m:Translation requests/Eleccom mail, 07-05.
Again, we would like to deeply apologize for any inconvenience.
For Wikimedia Board Election Steering Committee
cu abuse at ar wp 
Updated translation for Mayflower 
Hey alnokta, thank you very much for the updated translation of Mayflower! I will upload it in a few minutes. Cheers, Tangotango 08:31, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for adding yourself to my new category so you must of saw my page.--Arceus fan 15:31, 16 October 2007 (UTC)
Sysop rights 
Per this successful request, you are now a sysop. Congrats! Please be familiar with our policies and guidelines before using your new tools, and please add yourself to the sysop box. Thank you. Majorly (talk) 22:03, 22 October 2007 (UTC)
- Congratulations! Thunderhead 22:36, 22 October 2007 (UTC)
Hi Alnokta, if You'd like to have this one in Arabic You can modify it like this the first title (from left to right) is the link to the page (You don't need [] there), the second one the link name. Best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 11:51, 23 October 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, I can't translate it, because I don't know Arabic (I just fixed the link to the mainpage). If You want the links in Arabic letters, translate the right ones. Best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 15:44, 24 October 2007 (UTC)
- (P.S. You need to set Your Special:Preferences to Arabic, best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 16:25, 24 October 2007 (UTC))
- Oh well I see, it does not seem to change the sidebarlinks to the chosen language. But at least You can translate the linknames, that worked for me, I tried MediaWiki:Translations/ar (please correct this).
- You can translate the other links by creating MediaWiki:.../ar from the names of the right hand side of MediaWiki:Sidebar. Best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 20:01, 24 October 2007 (UTC)
Planet Wikimedia Arabic 
As seen you have requested to maintain the configuration for the Arabic Planet. However first thing you need is to having the SVN commit access first. You can send an email to Brion or Tim, with your public key attached, tell them what the username you have chosen, and having your planet ready to run. :) Shinjiman 15:13, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
Arabic tranlations 
Hey again Alnokta! Could you copyedit these translations (check them for errors), please? :-)
- Translation requests/دليل إنشاء الفروع
- Translation requests/المتطلبات للفروع المستقبلية
- Translation requests/WMF/العلامات التجاري
- اتصل بنا
Hello Alnokta, as a trusted member of the community uninvolved in the recent issue I would appreciate your opinion here. Please note that I am not against desysopping if the local community consents. I just abhore the way it's forwarded to Meta without regard to process and local community. Thank you. Санта Клаус 14:13, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
Confirmation of user rights 
Just letting you know that your user rights are up for confirmation this quarter; the discussion is currently taking place at Meta:Administrators/confirm.
- Removed as per your agreement. Thanks for your hard work, and should you become more active, please do request again. Cheers and a happy new year to you! Majorly talk 15:41, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- Most of the names are written as 'rhymes with x' and there is an IPA accompanying most of them, so I dont get how you are not convinced. In any case, I dont need to convince you, as I said, I didnt only look at the guide, I had a conversation with Cary on the translator's channel on how staff names are pronounced, so yes I am pretty sure this is the correct one. --Shipmaster 16:46, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- I know, he told me you made him record it, couldn't believe him till he did :) ,it is a good idea anyway to have him or another staff member record how all the names are pronounced. --Shipmaster 02:23, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
Translator, We need you! 
You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.
Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.
If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=13638&newtest=Y&lang=en. With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.