User talk:CT Cooper
- 1 IRC
- 2 TUSC token 3c1c0344d8fee50f9556681c70a16b5e
- 3 TUSC token aa1b6a2bdad4fd7d474513b0fe85372d
- 4 London meetup 38 date change
- 5 London meetup 46 date change
- 6 London meetup 50 date change
- 7 New template.
- 8 Wikimania page organization
- 9 Back up plan.
- 10 Identification
- 11 TUSC token cbb89758f150703311dfa98c41c7de4c
- 12 London meetup 10th October
- 13 Greetings!
TUSC token 3c1c0344d8fee50f9556681c70a16b5e
TUSC token aa1b6a2bdad4fd7d474513b0fe85372d
London meetup 38 date change
I've summarily changed the date of London meetup 38 to a week later (as I'll be out of the country) - does this work for you? No-one else is signed up yet, you see... :-)
- I have no plans at the moment for either Sunday, so the change shouldn't be a problem, though there may be something that comes up quickly which stops me from going whatever the day. CT Cooper · talk 10:21, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
London meetup 46 date change
WMUK are having a Board meeting and meetup in Birmingham on Sunday 12th June so have asked if we can change the date of London meetup 46 - would moving it to Sunday 19th June work for you?
- I can't see any problem with moving it a week later at the present time, as I should be available for both dates, so feel free to move it a week forward. CT Cooper · talk 21:11, 27 April 2011 (UTC)
London meetup 50 date change
I'm sensing a definite pattern to these messages on your talk page. ;-)
- Yes, you're the only person that makes use of my talk page on Meta. :p I should on paper be able to make either date, but I can never be sure on when Freshers' Flu might strike, since I am going back to university at the start of October. I will comment on the meetup talk page. CT Cooper · talk 10:38, 24 August 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you for creating that. However, I'm not calling the change permanent until London 64 has been and gone, just in case people really don't like the change, so it was sensible to create a second template and keep the old one. CT Cooper · talk 14:11, 25 October 2012 (UTC)
Wikimania page organization
Hi CT, I just saw your edit summary, and looked at the relevant page histories. I now see that I have been unknowingly working at cross purposes with another user. (I have been working to organize the Wikimania pages under a coherent system for about a year; recently I was starting to get some "deja vu" about my page moves, but hadn't looked closely enough at the edit histories to see what was going on.)
Anyway, thank you for calling this to my attention. I think it would be a good idea for me to write up my reasons for doing things in the way I have, so that people can either agree, or have something specific to critique. I will try to do that in the next few days, and as you suggest, I'll defer any potentially controversial further page moves until I've done that. -Pete F (talk) 22:21, 21 November 2012 (UTC)
- I see, not to worry. I was wondering what was going on since my watchlist was becoming full of page moves and things were getting a bit confusing. I don't have a strong opinion on how the pages should be organized, but we probably should reach some kind of agreement so things are standardised for future Wikimanis; I will happily participate in a discussion that you start on the subject. CT Cooper · talk 23:14, 21 November 2012 (UTC)
Back up plan.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway Street, and after a short walk the pub may be found on the left-hand side.
- I think it would be helpful for those without a mobile devise to know in advance where the group has likely re-located in the event of a problem. CT Cooper · talk 17:14, 1 January 2013 (UTC)
This diff it to confirm that that owner of the User:CT Cooper global account has sent an e-mail to secure-infowikimedia.org identifying themselves to the Foundation. CT Cooper · talk 20:43, 4 January 2013 (UTC)
TUSC token cbb89758f150703311dfa98c41c7de4c
London meetup 10th October
- Tempting, very tempting, but it turns out I'm occupied tomorrow. I'll have to have some cake another day! CT Cooper · talk 19:02, 9 November 2013 (UTC)
Hi CT Cooper! Great to see you active on the Wiki Usergroup LGBT page. Based on your User page, it appears you live in London? Might you have any suggestions for LGBT museums/archives/sites/businesses that would be interesting for me, as a traveler from the US to see, and also as potential sites for the LGBT meetup to happen. Thanks! OR drohowa (talk) 19:41, 30 July 2014 (UTC)
- Hi there. I'm afraid I don't live in London, only within commuting distance, and London LGBT sites isn't a side to London I've had the chance to explore yet. I'll ping someone who'll probably be able to help you out more though. CT Cooper · talk 10:01, 3 August 2014 (UTC)