User talk:Diagramma Della Verita
John Vandenberg 23:02, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
Thank you very much. :)--Shanel 23:16, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
Hello. Actually, I suppressed the juriwiki mailing list not so long ago. It was completely dead and I forgot to update the pages. So there is no more "legal department" on the volunteer side of things. But if you're interested in getting a list back on track, you're welcome! notafish }<';> 09:17, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
- Hi. Mike Godwin is indeed employed as General Counsel of the Wikimedia Foundation, so yes, there is professional legal work being done. The juriwiki list and the "legal department" was more of a "volunteer" initiative. It died because not enough people were interested in pursuing it. You might want to get in touch with User:Tomos he was the most interested of all. notafish }<';> 19:57, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
Re: Legal department
I've reverted your changes to the page. The project has been abandoned since December 2006 and its reactivation would need to be based on consensus - and most importantly agreement from the Foundation. Whilst I admire your enthusiasm, it really isn't appropriate for you to declare yourself coordinator of the Wikimedia Legal Department without consultation with the Foundation - especially as by our own admission you don't have any background or experience regarding legal issues . I think you misunderstood Notafish's invitation to get things back on track above. This would require a formal proposal to reactivate the group showing that there was now sufficient interest from people competent to be a part of it. I really would advise that you leave Wikimedia legal matters to those officially authorised to deal with them. WJBscribe (talk) 19:01, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
- I have no prejudice against you due to your being a student, though I think it is important that everyone acknowledges their limitations. Users under the age of 18 have made very competent administrators, but responding to legal matters can cause a lot more problems than the day-to-day tasks administrators perform. Even with 2 degrees in law, I would be very cautious in approaching legal questions affecting Wikimedia - mistakes can have serious consequences both for the Foundation and for the person giving incorrect information. Mike Godwin is employed by the Foundation as legal counsel. His authority to deal with legal matters would include seeking opinions from other lawyers and he could request that a volunteer support body be set up if he thought that would be useful. There are also various people who are trusted to reply to legal queries sent to OTRS. I think a bit of sense would have suggested that a group answering legal queries was something the Foundation would need to approve and the tag on Legal department said: "If you want to revive discussion regarding the subject, you can use the talk page or start a discussion on the community discussion page". If you think such a department is needed, I suggest you make your case at Wikimedia Forum. WJBscribe (talk) 17:05, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
Hi. Sorry for a very slow responce. But yes, as Notafish mentioned above, I would be interested in having a legal department.
What I would be most interested is an informal, non-public place to discuss legal issues and share information among people from different jurisdictions. It is not an advisory group for the Foundation, not a task force to tackle a particular legal problem, or a swift responce team for urgent legal matters. Sufficient number of willing and trustworthy jurists should be among the members, non-jurists willing to study and contribute to the group would be welcome. If I were to organize a group, I would actually call is a forum not a department.
But you might have some other vision. I would be open to other types of group that deals with legal matters. Tomos 06:00, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
- Bisa (Can you . . . )? Terima Kasih untuk Votenya Diagramma Della Verita. Mikhailov Kusserow (talk) 03:12, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
Hai Diagramma Della Verita, apakah Anda dapat membantu menerjemahkan ini? Terima Kasih
Pemilihan Penyelia ms.wiki
Hi, I apm not sure what's confusing about the license of the wikipostcard. I would be happy to help you if you're a little more precise about it. One thing is sure, the image description on your derivative lacks the most important informations of both licences, ie. source and author name. Thank you for adding them to your version. Best! notafish }<';> 09:28, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
Vote Wikinews Malay
Bisa bantu perbaikan artikel Template dalam Bahasa Melayu? Terima Kasih.
I'd like to have a meeting on IRC this week to discuss the 2010-2011 annual appeal/fundraiser. This will be an "anyone is welcome" type meeting, open to the broad community. During this, Zack Exley and I will take you through our inital thoughts about the fundraiser and its organization, and ask you to join us in a discussion about the (massive) role of volunteers and chapters in this year's fundraiser.
Because of the vagaries of time zones, scheduling live meetings is hard. So, we'll have a couple of potential times, and we'll log and post the meeting for anyone who wasn't able to make it.
The meetings will be held Thursday, 12 August at 23:00 UTC (16:00 PDT) and Friday, 13 August at 16:30 UTC (09:30 PDT) in the #wikimedia-fundraising channel on the freenode network on IRC (irc://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-fundraising). You can access this using freenode's webclient, which is available at http://webchat.freenode.net/ or by using your favorite IRC client.
Hope to see you there! Philippe (WMF) 20:45, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
Hi Diagramma, great you also created a page for social media.  I also created a page and was about to link it to the fundraising template. I am going to post my proposal and use yours, if its ok with you. someone might need to delete the one I created. Thanks.--Theo10011 17:43, 13 August 2010 (UTC)
- No problem, I am going to put my proposal there, I would love any input and would appreciate any further help. Thanks.--Theo10011 17:52, 13 August 2010 (UTC)
Excellent idea Diagramma, I just entered some of the most popular names on the list of target sites to start with, categorizing them by their content would be the ideal way to go about this.--Theo10011 18:15, 13 August 2010 (UTC)
Hi Diagramma, theres been a lot of discussion on the social media page and the relevant talk page, I think we are making some great progress there. I would like to ask for your input on some of the new discussions, please take a look when you have some time. --Theo10011 23:53, 30 August 2010 (UTC)
Leaving this here as well since I saw you guys were interested and I had responded. Wanted to try and drive you guys back to that page to be central :) Jalexander 19:33, 22 August 2010 (UTC)
Your inquiry on my talk page
I've responded there. I'm also asking Deniz, from my office, who is my contact for social media, to join in. Philippe (WMF) 17:17, 30 August 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for showing interest in the fundraising committee. You can see that we've started to develop the Committee structure and I'd like to encourage your thoughts and participation in the formulation of the important role Wikimedians will play in our drive this year. Please leave me a message if you have a specific request from me, otherwise head to the talk pages and lets get started brainstorming! Keegan (WMF), Fundraising 2010 04:28, 8 September 2010 (UTC)
Social Media Plan
Hi Diagramma, As you might know that we are approaching the start of the fundraiser. I would like to ask for your participation in the finalization of the Social Media plan over the next week. We will be posting a final plan on the Social Media page formulated from the previous discussions and suggestions we received on that page. As an active member of the Fundraising committee your input and feedback would be highly appreciated. Regards. Theo (WMF) 23:42, 17 October 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Diagramma, I asked my colleague Sam Chapman to help with the translation request. I can't edit the bot posted message on WPs now, Sam will reach out through the mailing list and other contacts. I hope that would suffice. Thanks. Theo (WMF) 18:58, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
SM Team meeting
Hey Diagramma, we're having a SM/Outreach meeting tomorrow November 11 in #wikimedia-SM at 19:00/7PM UTC. If you can't make it, no worries: we'll log the chat and be available for questions/recaps. Hope to see you there! --Deniz (WMF) 18:49, 10 November 2010 (UTC)
I want to thank you for your help translating the Bahasa Melayu core messages, we have a few more translations to go... The 2010 Fundraiser is live and has greatly benefited from all the contributions from our translators. Throughout the fundraiser there will continue to be a need for help with translating and localizing messages. Currently, the core messages need to be updated, as there have been recent additions to the request. You can find all translation requests at the translation hub on meta and you can follow the progress of the fundraiser in real time by tracking the fundraiser statistics. Also if you haven't already, you can subscribe to the translators-l mailing list for all new requests and major changes. Many thanks for your help in truly making this a global fundraiser that you can edit.Klyman 18:39, 24 November 2010 (UTC)
Editor Appeals Need Translations
Change in translations
Hi, and thank you for your activity with fundraiser translations so far!! I have one small request to make: We had to change three of the appeals; the change is the same in all of them, and the replacement text is quite short, so I don't want to e-mail people just to fix that, and that's why I'm asking you instead. It would be great if you could do the following fixes in Malay:
Since these are small changes you don't have to go through the cycle of having it proofread and everything, unless you are unsure about the translation. Thanks in advance. :-) Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 05:34, 27 October 2011 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
Hi! I just want to thank you and give you this barnstar for your help with the translation of the 2011 fundraiser! The fundraiser was the best we ever had, both in terms of the amount we collected and in terms of number of translations. We couldn't have done either one without the help we got from you and other translators. If you are interested, we made a report, which has some statistics about the translations.
And: I have one more request, and that is that you take this survey. You may have got an e-mail about it, and if you did, please ignore this. But if you didn't it would be great if you would take this survey too, so we can learn to improve the translation experience.
Again, thanks for your help with translations – you're awesome! Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 13:27, 24 January 2012 (UTC)