Hello, and welcome to meta, a multilingual wiki for meta-content and discussions about the Wikimedia projects.
You can get started in a few ways:
- Browse Recent Changes and reading our page of global policies
- Visit the Babel and Wikimedia forums
- Browse the latest project ideas and translation requests
- Read the latest news and see what else is going on here.
Hello Holder. Thank you for your translation; there are only a few words left before it is ready for the elections. Two headers, "Voters" and "Translators", and the last section "Provide proof of identity" are still in English. Thanks. :) —Pathoschild 23:39:29, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
language committee 
Hoi, when you want to get the attention of the language committee, you have to have a full 100% of the most used messages. Otherwise the language is not noticed. I do regularly go over this list and without a full 100% other criteria are not relevant. You can always ping us when a language gets to this magic state :) thanks, GerardM 07:26, 8 October 2009 (UTC)
Happy Birthday 
Happy Birthday! Vatsan34 09:01, 6 November 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks! --Holder 09:04, 6 November 2009 (UTC)
als & nds Wikinews 
Hi, I don't think it's possible to write that such edition of Wikinews has been launched when those wikis do not exist. Many projects have "started" on Incubator and it is also not being written anywhere. Until they are approved wikis and created.
— Danny B. 11:30, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Danny B.,
- the Alemannic and the Low Saxon Wikinews do exit as separate projects within Alemannic Wikipedia and Low Saxon Wikipedia. They are no new projects on Incubator. Three Alemannic projects (wiktionary, wikibooks, wikiquote) had been created as own wikis and had been merged with Alemannic Wikipedia in 2008 because the communirty was too small and the activity was low. The three and also Alemannic Wikisource and Wikinews have been created as separate namespaces within Alemannic Wikipedia. The notices in Wikimedia News could show the possibility of such merged projects for small communities. I understand your objection but there is also mentioned: Try mixing things up with other milestones, such as active users or new articles per day. ;-) Kind regards, --Holder 11:45, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
I understand that you want to promote them, however, better wording (using "has started on als Wikipedia" instead of "has been launched") would be better though.
— Danny B. 12:21, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- Done. Thanks! --Holder 14:17, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
RE: Bot flag at alswiki 
Deutsches Übersetzerteam 
Weil ich momentan versuche, das leider ziemlich ausgestorbene Translation teams/de zu reaktivieren, suche ich jetzt nach neuen Mitgliedern. Da du auf deiner Benutzerseite angegeben hast, dass du vom Englischen ins Deutsche übersetzt und umgekehrt, möchte ich dich jetzt hiermit einfach mal fragen, ob du Interesse hast, dem Team beizutreten und gemeinsam mit uns an den Übersetzungen zu arbeiten.
Viele Grüße, --Thirafydion 09:50, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
Translation Update 
I want to thank you for your help translating throughout this year's fundraiser. The fundraiser has greatly benefited from all your contributions. Currently, the Kartika, Liliaroja, Abbas and Joan Gomà appeals need to be translated, as we are running appeals from editors. You can find all translation requests at the translation hub on meta and you can follow the progress of the fundraiser in real time by tracking the fundraiser statistics. It is important to check the Core Messages as many languages still need updating. Also if you haven't already, you can subscribe to the translators-l mailing list for all new requests and major changes. Many thanks for your help in truly making this a global fundraiser that you can edit.Klyman 20:18, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
Are there any questions I can answer to persuade you to change to a support vote for my Steward candidacy? My cross-wiki experience does not always appear in MediaWiki logs; however my experience on staff at WMF involved a lot of cross-wiki monitoring, even if that monitoring did not necessarily require editing. Furthermore, I worked with translations on CentralNotice in meta, which does not log publicly to contributions. In these, and other ways, I've developed a sufficient amount of experience in cross-wiki activities that I will be comfortable as a Steward. With regards to monolingualism, the other chief opposition reason, some opposes have reconsidered and switched to yes after seeing that I am capable of understanding Romance languages and with the assistance of machine translation, I am able to effectively communicate in them as well. If there is anything else I can do that would help convince you to support, please let me know. Regards, ⇒SWATJester Son of the Defender 04:39, 17 February 2011 (UTC)
Hi Holder, I'd like to explain you in detail how the filter works, can you send me an email so I'll be able to reply? Have a nice day! --Vituzzu 11:52, 13 November 2011 (UTC)
Translation Request 
Hi, we need a German translation for the Second Annual Editor Survey 2011: Research:Wikipedia Editors Survey November 2011/Translation We would really appreciate your help. Thank you! Akhanna 19:42, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
Fundraising translation feedback 
Hey Holder, I have a bit of a request to ask from you. We pulled down our banners nearly a fortnight ago for what was a highly successful international fundraiser and brought the curtain down on last years fundraiser. This week however we will be changing payment processors and during the testing of the new system it would be useful to use the time productively on on testing banner text.
To help us out with this I wonder if you would be willing to help us improve our geman text using This Link
Simply follow the simple instructions on that page and if you have any questions feel free to contact me on my talk page.
We are going to run the test on tuesday so if you dont see this message till 24 hours after it was sent you can ignore me :) Many Thanks though.
Each wiki is an independent community 
I am a little concerned that you have blocked someone definitely of long standing, and presumably of good standing, without having a conversation on their talk page. At alswiki the banned user was solely operating within their user space trying to get an article in place, and they have been banned with no right of appeal, without seemingly having a warning or conversation there. Now this user may nor may not have had a warning on another wiki, that I do not know, however, there is a lack of justice and procedural fairness in simply banning a person without conversation. There is no natural justice, and it would seem to reflect poorly on yourself and your community when you act as poorly as you accuse the other person. I understand the automatic reaction to stamp on things that are pesky and annoying, however, your role is to lead your community, not to lower your standards to that of pesky and annoying.
- Hi Billinghurst.
- Thank you for your comment.
- Russavia was warned on pflwiki and on barwiki, however, not on alswiki. Ok, perhaps it was over-hasty to block Russavia without further warnings but I was indeed very annoyed with his cross-wiki spamming of Polandball articles in English (neither in Bavarian, nor in Alemannic, nor in Palatinate German) and his spamming of photos on his user page. I knew his block log on enwiki but not his work on commons. My block comment was really problematic but I have hidden it, apologized for the wording and explained my real reasons for the block. And I’ve unblocked Russavia’s talk page on all three Wikipedias so he has the chance to discuss the topic on all three projects.
- Kind regards. --Holder (talk) 07:58, 15 May 2013 (UTC)