User talk:Hoo man
Problem with Tibetan Wikipedia font.
I found that Tibetan font css was changed by you, on https://bo.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.css, so I hope you can help us to increase that font size, because we are unable to read such small font. on Dzongka wikipedia, they share same as us, but they got much bigger font, i found out that their https://dz.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.css, they got big font size on css. hope you change it soon as possible, we are waiting long time for it. thanks in advance. Tibetan wikipedia Dzongka wikipedia
GS active scripts
I tried to customize (in fact, i18n)the text "X active admins" and "GS wiki" on my global.js but it doesn't work. Any help? (Feel free to modify that page if needed.) — revi☏ 16:16, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry, the documentation wasn't up to date here... customizing the interface using those configuration variables is no longer possible. If you want to contribute a translation (which would then be available to all users) feel free to poke me. Cheers, Hoo man (talk) 18:12, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
Invitation to the CentralNotice-admins list
Hi! This bulk email is to let you know about a mailing list used to communicate bug reports and new features in CentralNotice, and to facilitate conversations between the admins. This message is being sent to you because you have the privileges to use the CentralNotice admin interface.
If you use CentralNotice to post or modify notices, please consider joining the list by visiting this page and subscribing yourself:
00:23, 30 October 2014 (UTC)
Hi Hoo_man. I want to exclude this Meta-Wiki from using the global.js Tagger because I want to use a custom one for this project. However I am not able to find the correct syntax to do it. Is it possible? Could you please help me? Best regards. — M 16:56, 04 December 2014 (UTC)
- Sure, Done: . Cheers, Hoo man (talk) 21:56, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you! It works. Best wishes. — M 21:57, 04 December 2014 (UTC)
Hi Hoo man, while browsing the Global abuse filters (in this case Special:AbuseLog/57149), I saw text which looked very close to what filter 90 should catch, it was added in https://sr.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?diff=18263&oldid=18262 and as far as I can tell it should have been caught by your filter (" ffeededabgbcafec\n").
I can think of several explanations:
- sr.wikibooks.org opted in during the last 5 days
- filter 90 was disabled on December 3
- because it hadn't caught much spam lately, but there were false positives
- because all filters were temporarily disabled (e.g. processor overload)
- for other reasons
- I didn't interprete the rule correctly
- index.php sanitizes the output of the diff
- other reasons which I overlooked.
For most of those explanations, I would take me quite some time to falsify (or verify), while you (as as an abuse filter maintainer) know where to look. Could you take a look at it? --22.214.171.124 13:33, 8 December 2014 (UTC)
Hi; I am a student in Başkent University. ip 126.96.36.199 is used by Başkent Üniversitesi in Turkey. But it was blocked in Turkish wikipedia for unlimited time. block begins: 23:15, 6 Feb. 2011. Since that time whole university can not make any edits in Turkish wikipedia. We university students want to edit turkish wikipedia. Local adminstrators say they are very angry with an old time user and they dont unblock th i.p. and they punish a whole university. It has been a long time and probably the person that makes them angry is graduate by now. Thank you for help.