User talk:Hoo man
Problem with Tibetan Wikipedia font.
I found that Tibetan font css was changed by you, on https://bo.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.css, so I hope you can help us to increase that font size, because we are unable to read such small font. on Dzongka wikipedia, they share same as us, but they got much bigger font, i found out that their https://dz.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.css, they got big font size on css. hope you change it soon as possible, we are waiting long time for it. thanks in advance. Tibetan wikipedia Dzongka wikipedia
Hi; I am a student in Başkent University. ip 18.104.22.168 is used by Başkent Üniversitesi in Turkey. But it was blocked in Turkish wikipedia for unlimited time. block begins: 23:15, 6 Feb. 2011. Since that time whole university can not make any edits in Turkish wikipedia. We university students want to edit turkish wikipedia. Local adminstrators say they are very angry with an old time user and they dont unblock th i.p. and they punish a whole university. It has been a long time and probably the person that makes them angry is graduate by now. Thank you for help.
Dear Hoo Man, I just want to thank you for approving my OAuth consumers for the video editing server application. In case you have had any concerns about my trust-worthiness, please take a look at my FOSS reputation: https://www.openhub.net/accounts/ddennedy —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Ddennedy (talk) 17:24, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
- You're welcome... That's a nice track record indeed, btw. - Hoo man (talk) 17:36, 16 January 2015 (UTC)
help for Sanskrit Wikipedia
Hi Hoo man ! Our community is very small. But our goals are very big and realistic. I am an editor of Sanskrit Wikipedia and I want some help from you. I know you are not familiar with Sanskrit. I will be there for Sanskrit related work. You have lots of experiences about wikipedia. So I want some help from you.
1. How to manage wikipedia ? What are the basic things which sourly have to in wikipedia ?
2. In sa.wikipedia there is noting much more easy or attractive. Because our community is so small and we have not enough technical knowledge. @Nickk: this template is available every wikipedia. Even Konkan wikipedia also have this. But I don't know How to import this in sa.wikipedia. This is only an example. There are so many things to do?
3. I know that some sort cuts of wikipedia we have to know. But we don't know sort cuts of wikipedia. Like if one word is wrong in all pages of wikipedia, than how to exchange that word with other correct word?
4. How we can increase our speed on wikipedia. What are the steps to speed up this sa.wikipedia project?
- Hi, I'll try to reply to your questions one by one below.
- Well, this is a pretty general question... most important is probably to just watch what comes up, and deal with that. If you have a more specific question, feel free to ask.
- An administrator can use विशेषम्:आयात to import templates from enwiki (and possibly other wikis). Just ask an sawiki administrators to do that for you.
- You have to be more specific here: What do you want to simplify/ do faster? There are a lot of tools and templates larger Wikis use, if you mean that.
- Do you mean increase the number of contributions? I honestly don't know, beyond trying to be friendly to new users and things like that.
- Hoo man (talk) 09:39, 22 January 2015 (UTC)
Please have a look? — Revi 10:09, 22 January 2015 (UTC)
- Solved by now - Hoo man (talk) 18:52, 26 January 2015 (UTC)
- Replied there - Hoo man (talk) 18:52, 26 January 2015 (UTC)
Hi! I wonder what may be the cause for my scripts to have stopped working on all es.* projects. I have tried everything that came to my mind: clearing caché, blanking the js pages and enabling them individually to see if they worked, cookie cleaning, AdBlock disabling, etc. and I don't get them to work. I don't know where to look further but the scripts do load from my global.js page. If you could please guide me or have a look I'll be very grateful. I have verified that JS is not disabled on my browser. Best regards, -- M\A 17:16, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- Hi again. Melos and me worked out this on IRC. It seems that User:Mike.lifeguard/removeSpam.js caused the issues. They're working again now. I noted, howeved, that on the error console I got some jQuery errors comming from bits.wikimedia. I didn't tested again after my scripts worked again, but I can do it if you want. Best regards, -- M\A 00:00, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
- These are probably coming from outdated gadgets. I might be able to have a look at that (depends on how much time I have) if you give me the error logs. Please remember to use &debug=true for that so that we get actually usable output. Cheers, Hoo man (talk) 14:11, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
- Hi. Done as suggested. I have activated MediaWiki:Gadget-markblocked.js on my User:MarcoAurelio/global.js and the scripts stopped working again on all spanish-language projects. Here is the data from my error console. Best regards, -- M\A 15:34, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
- Easiest would be to just not use that gadget... bringing it into a proper state would need quite some time, given how many bad things it does. I can do that, but I doubt I'll find the time this week end. - Hoo man (talk) 14:56, 30 January 2015 (UTC)