User talk:Mike.lifeguard/Archive 16
Access to CU channel
As you are listed here I wanted to ask you if you could grant me access to #wikimedia-checkuser as my position as CU on the Dutch wikipedia has just been accepted. Thanks in advance. --Hardscarf 12:04, 30 September 2009 (UTC)
- Of course. I need to know your IRC nick and cloak — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 02:09, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
Unblock my IP
Please stop blocking my IP, i did't do anything wrong. Flash boy 20:21, 5 October 2009 (UTC)
www.luigitenco60s.it in black list ( from Mike.lifeguard )
Hi, i am fans of singer Luigi Tenco. This site is firt important official of singer Luigi Tenco and you have inserted in blacklist? www.luigitenco60s.it is not spam. From 4 years is present in Wikipedia with DISCOGRAFIA INTEGRALE, TV TENCO, BOOK PHOTO ECC ECC. Is coerent link for voice "Luigi Tenco". Thanks por help
- To me, this looks like someone pushing a fansite. Instead, you should link to their official site. If you want to discuss it further, please ask on WM:SPAM. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 18:02, 14 October 2009 (UTC)
Hide this account please
- I'll lock it, but it doesn't meet the standards for hiding. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 23:15, 14 October 2009 (UTC)
The Anti-Spam Barnstar
|The Anti-Spam Barnstar|
|Many thanks for your efforts on meta.wikimedia keeping the wikimedia projects clear of spam and other nonsense.--Hu12 18:53, 16 October 2009 (UTC)|
Cheers--Hu12 18:53, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
Eh... Minor distraction first. Why don't I see an "Add Comment" option at the top of this page with Vector?
Anyway, just noticed you sign mailing list messages. Can you add key id & fingerprint (plus, possibly full ascii public key) to or off your user page so I (and hopefully others) can tie all the details together? Thanks! --Brian McNeil / talk 23:06, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's on http://toolserver.org/~lifeguard/PGP already - do you want it on-wiki too? — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 17:15, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- That's fine, didn't think to look there. Busy doing some detective work to see who the German lawyers that sent Mike G. a C&D are representing. 80-90% certain I know who it is. Got enough already to do n:Stopp and Stopp; German lawfirm representing murderer attempts to censor Wikipedia. :-D --Brian McNeil / talk 03:23, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
Regarding the banning action
I noticed that you have banned a zh-yue:User:Seansoo account for life for vandalism. However, according to our records, the user did make contributions with no sight of vandalism. To clarify the situation, please contact me at zh-yue:User_talk:WikiCantona. Thank for your time. --WikiCantona 09:04, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- I am a sysop in Cantonese Wikipedia. I went through the User's record that did not show a single instant of vandalism. The local zh-yue:User:Seansoo does not appear to be the vandal you are after. Please unblock the user. --WikiCantona 23:18, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you again for your reply. I went through the SRG for details. en:Ichirou Mizuki may be considered a spam in English. After I carefully reviewed the the edits by that user as well as the Ichirou Mizuki article in Cantonese, the actions by this User does not violate any rule in Cantonese Wikipedia, and more importantly the edits is not machine translation - it was written by a human user. Although the value of article may be limited, it is not our place to make judgement. There is no clear evidence of vandalism in Cantonese Wikipedia by user:Seansoo, your block is unjustified. --WikiCantona 00:39, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you for your understanding. I will definitely keep an eye on this User. Should he has any vandal actions in Cantonese Wikipedia. I will ban him immediately and cite the SRG as reason. Should you have any problems, please feel free to contact me or other sysops in Cantonese Wikipedia. We will try our best to assist. Thank you again for the good work you have done so far the Wikipedia project. --WikiCantona 08:10, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
- Never mind, I have learned today that I must drink coffee before I go to IRC, I totally forgot /ns identify .... and I'm in the list as Abigor (23 Abigor +vVotriA (SBLteam) [modified 12 weeks, 2 days, 14:30:39 ago]) instead of Huib off course. me feels a little bit dumb Huib talk 10:39, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- I only placed a local block because it isn't a global account, so I cannot lock it. Please see SRG for details about the vandalism I'm referring to (& apologies for not placing that in the block reason) — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 21:44, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- I don't see the point in blocking him. Is there a global policy I'm not aware of, that imposes global blocking for mass translation? If the quality of the articles is below minimum standard every project is free to delete the article about Ichirou Mizuki. In the case of nds the article is of an acceptable quality. Seansoo has never done any bad edit on nds. I absolutely don't see the point in globally blocking him. --::Slomox:: >< 11:00, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
- And looking at his global contributions I can hardly see any vandalism. He mainly makes edits to the articles about Ichirou Mizuki. As far as I can judge all these edits are intended to improve the article. He also makes other edits. Mostly minor edits like adding interwikis.
- The mass insertion of articles happened in 2007. That can hardly be the reason to block him globally now, can it? --::Slomox:: >< 11:10, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
Global block maybe had collateral damage; could you investigate further.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Tareksobh . I have no idea what led to the global block; but was responding to his concern. Could you look over this user and/or his contribs, and let me know if an IPBE is appropriate to his case? He didn't list the IP address that was actually blocked, but perhaps his editing history will let you know whether or not he's a disruptive user you intended to stop, or if he's just collateral damage. Grassy ass! --Jayron32 20:13, 23 October 2009 (UTC)
- P.S. I don't often work at Meta, so if you could respond at en.wikipedia, it would be most awesome. Thanks! --Jayron32 20:15, 23 October 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. I granted the user in question an IP Block Exemption, so he should not be affected. You may want to have someone with Checkuser access on en.wikipedia look into any possible collateral damage from your meta-level blocks, and maybe preemptively grant IPBEs to any active affected accounts. --Jayron32 01:46, 24 October 2009 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, I simply hit the wrong button. I thought I had hit ESC in time to stop it, but clearly not :( — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 01:22, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
Hello mister Mike.lifeguard! I was blocked on all wikis ! Why? I only added some external links..wich are necessary. Still now i've had problems only with ROMANIAN operators who discriminate the Armans/ Macedon-armans. (Njirlu 09:03, 29 October 2009 (UTC))
- Romanians operators like ADIJAPAN delete constantly external links and bibiography at articles regard macedon-arman people. In romania is silent genocide to this ethnicity... Please onblock me!!
Thank you ! (Njirlu 09:05, 29 October 2009 (UTC))
- Mister MIKE !!!!!!! Please tell me if you understood what I told to you! This is the Romanian genocide to Macedon-arman ethnicity !!! I only added external links about MAcedon-arman people, to all wikis because those site.s must be there ! Thank you very much!! (22.214.171.124 12:32, 29 October 2009 (UTC))
Since I was gone for the past four days, I was unable to withdraw from my own RfA here at Meta because of extraneous problems at home, so I would be very happy if you could add a note to my closed RfA stating that I withdraw from it. Thank you, Razorflame 18:09, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
- Of course. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 21:40, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
You rat bastard!
LOL. I go to use my own damn URL shortener on enwn today, to find out it has been black listed. There's 82 records, all of them mine. Really god damn hilarious. Yes, I see you're comment about "Dont complain to me" yada yada. Not so much a complaint as I just had to come over and say something. --ShakataGaNai ^_^ 01:11, 31 October 2009 (UTC)
Hi. Just out of curiosity, is there any reason you protected this RfA? AFAIK, RfAs here aren't protected when closed, so I'd be interested to hear your reasoning. Thanks, –Juliancolton | Talk 04:37, 1 November 2009 (UTC)
Possible open proxies
Sorry to bother you here but I couldn't find any steward availabe in IRC.
Could you please check the following IP addresses for open proxies?
The same banned user is using these IP addresses today to avoid the block at pt.wikt. Thanks, Malafaya 01:09, 5 November 2009 (UTC)
Hi! why is my discussion page deleted? i've created an accound a few hours ago. i don't realy understand what is going on! 126.96.36.199 08:13, 5 November 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not sure what page or account you're referring to. Can you provide more information? — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 18:34, 5 November 2009 (UTC)
Ahmed Mujeeb B.Ibrahimkhil
mr. Mike hello again! Thanks for the explainations I had no clue about the informations you mentioned,therfore I would kindly request you to remove the entire edits from the recent change's place , especialy our conversation so others could keep work on it, I will keep inform you after now if there wwould be anything in future. thanks alot for the help.
- Sorry, I cannot remove edits from w:ps:Special:RecentChanges, nor would I if I could.
- At present, I'm not prepared to reinstate your administrator access without a consensus among the pswiki community to do so. I cannot find any community discussion about giving you admin tools. Could you please show me where that discussion is? — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 20:46, 5 November 2009 (UTC)
Translation of the week
- Just sign your name in the section you want to vote for. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 18:42, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
Thank you Mike, I understand your decession and will try my best in the future and work as good as I can for the community. Stay in touch! --Wikisidd 12:35, 10 November 2009 (UTC)