-- 21:32, 6 October 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for your interest in Wikimedia Medicine. We hope to create a non profit corporation to promote the aims of the Wikimedia Movement within the topic domain of medicine. This means we plan to promote the creation and release of "health care information in all languages" under an open license. This will be done primarily via speaking and collaborating with both individuals and organizations who share our goal. We are working on a number of collaborations already and are open to more ideas. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 09:38, 16 October 2012 (UTC)
The Stethoscope: A Wiki Project Med Foundation Review (Issue 1)
Wiki Project Med Foundation (WPMEDF) was formally incorporated in New York as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Our mission is bold like Wikipedia's: Imagine a world in which every single person is given free access to the sum of all medical knowledge." That's what we're doing.
In this newsletter:
- Designing our logos and name: How and why we made them
- Creating Our Board: Who's involved and what they're doing
- Adding 70+ Interested members: Participants from all over the globe
- Furthering ongoing projects: Expanding exciting in many directions at once
- Proposing Wikimania presentations: Sign up for the talks that interest you
- Taking on on social media: Up and running with outreach (plus business cards!)
- Charting pathways for how you can help right now: a great list easy and important areas to contribute
We aim to run The Stethoscope at least once per quarter and no more than once per month. We only send to people who already signed on as WikiProject Med or Wiki Project Medicine Foundation interested members/participants. If you do not want to receive the newsletter, please add your name here.
It's been a pleasure so far, and we have so much more to do. Wishing you happy Spring up North and pleasant Autumn down South.