I am Risker from the English Wikipedia. Risker 04:43, 30 June 2011 (UTC)
- 1 Board elections template
- 2 Note
- 3 FDC Submissions.
- 4 Ping
- 5 Re:My candidate statement request
- 6 Re: identification
- 7 Thank you!
- 8 RE: Email
- 9 Howdy
- 10 Help voter please
- 11 Thanks for serving on the committee
- 12 Thanks for sharing your comments on the name change
- 13 Your steward candidacy
- 14 2014 FDC self-nomination
- 15 Request for Comment: Evaluation portal redesign preview
Board elections template
Hi Risker - just to let you know I've left a response at User talk:Thehelpfulone#Board elections template re the election template. I've made a bunch of tweaks to Template:Board elections 2013 to see how it's going to work with the Translate extension. Now that I've done my tweaks I've removed the <translate> tags from the Board elections/2013 and unmarked it for translation so that you (the Committee) can write up that page. Please let me know when you're ready for things to get translated and I'll help sort it all out. :-) Thehelpfulone 18:30, 5 February 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks Thehelpfulone. As I noted in my revisions, the majority of what had been added has not yet been determined yet, and it is likely that much of it will be rewritten significantly so it would be inconsiderate of us to ask for translations at this point. I note that there are some "blue" links in the template that lead to sections of the main page that have now been removed, but it's probably not critical at this point. I confess I am curious as to where you got those dates from, since the Committee hasn't even started discussing dates. Risker (talk) 18:51, 5 February 2013 (UTC)
- Indeed, my apologies for that, I did a lot of work for the steward elections last year and some work on this year so I think I got a little too used to just copying the previous year's content and changing the year which I forgot isn't appropriate for these elections! I've also hidden the blue vote link for now and the one to Board elections/2013/Translation until more pages are ready for translation. Thehelpfulone 23:06, 5 February 2013 (UTC)
Hi Risker. Hope that you're fine. As Board ElectCom member and user that raised concerns regarding the Shultze method for voting I wish to tell you that I've opened Talk:Board elections/2013 now that everything is being set up and nothing seems to be definitive so this can be discussed. Best regards. -- MarcoAurelio (talk) 17:58, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
Thank you for your notification - I knew I was logged out but I tried to submit what I could with a connection I was trying to reanimate; I confirmed my identity afterwards.
I am sorry that I have caused some trouble for you and your committee, you(?) will need to decide whether to keep the submission or flush it. For me it is a lesson "not to get persuaded on the last day" - but who would've thought I will have an Internet connection "like in 1999". ;) Or worse.
Re:My candidate statement request
Hi Risker, Done. To be honest, I haven't submitted my documents before because I was thinking that I was going to be contacted by someone from WMF before sending it. You may also want to state again that the deadline to send a proof of identity is the same as the one for the candidacy in the instructions. -- CristianCantoro (talk) 09:09, 19 May 2013 (UTC)
Risker, I wasn't aware there was a deadline on answering the questions for the Board elections--is there? I can't edit the sections: "Section is deleted" or something like that. I can edit the page as a whole, but that text is full of scary coding...your help is appreciated. (BTW, this happened to me a few days ago already, before voting started.) Also, I'm PayPalling you my bribe--is $10 enough? Thanks, Drmies (talk) 15:02, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah :( sadly that's a side effect of the translation software when it got used there (one that I know has frustrated me many times as well). It doesn't end up letting you use section editing at all. The easiest way for you to find where to go is likely going to be searching for username on the page (if you want an empty/unanswered question you can search for |Drmies = <translate></translate> and put the answer between the two translates). Templates and translation can help a lot but they also, sadly, cause issues like this. I'm not totally sure where the balance is. I don't think there is a question deadline but I'll leave that for risker. Jalexander (talk) 05:48, 9 June 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks, James. Drmies, I asked James to respond to you because I didn't know the answer. Risker (talk) 06:32, 9 June 2013 (UTC)
Help voter please
Hi Risker. Thanks very much for all your help with the elections. And since I'm here, thanks also for your work on ArbCom. It's a very difficult task to take on and has little rewards, so I'm thankful that you and others are willing to help in this area. Anyhoo, a voter from fi:wp is having difficulty voting. Could you please provide some advice at Talk:Wikimedia Foundation elections 2013#I Can't vote when you get a chance. Thanks much. 220.127.116.11 06:01, 15 June 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you very much! 18.104.22.168 02:57, 16 June 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for serving on the committee
Hi Risker, I just wanted to thank you for serving on the elections committee. I know a number of people thanked you already, but I wanted to specifically thank you for keeping the election running smoothly. It's an awful big job to take on and you're already busy with AC, so I think it was very generous of you to help out in this important election. I am sure there are many people that appreciate the time and effort you've put in. Thanks. 22.214.171.124 01:18, 25 June 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for your work making the elections possible this year. PiRSquared17 (talk) 01:43, 25 June 2013 (UTC)
- I appreciate your kind words. Seems we managed to pull it off after all. :) Risker (talk) 02:33, 25 June 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for sharing your comments on the name change
Hi Risker, I wanted to let you know I appreciated your sharing your thoughts on the Annual Plan Grants program (formerly known as the FDC process). It is helpful for me to understand how others interpret the names, and I was glad to know your take on the change. Thanks for sharing it. Warm regards, KLove (WMF) (talk) 22:34, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
Your steward candidacy
It's too late to change my vote.... but I noticed something on Wikipedia that has led me to be much friendlier to the idea of your becoming a steward, if you wish to run again in teh future. Your comments in this case show that you saw some of what I confronted, so long ago. The Scibaby sock farm was created by abusive administration.
- I too would love to see you run again next year - I think you could bring a lot of good experience to the role. If you wanted to get more experience cross-wiki, the SWMT is a good place to start, or you could look at getting involved more with projects like Wikidata and Commons. Ajraddatz (Talk) 19:40, 2 March 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you both for your kind comments. Many people whose opinions I generally respect strongly encouraged me to leave the candidacy open even when it was clear that it would not succeed, with the suggestion that it would leave me in better standing should I run for steward again in the future. Unfortunately, some who disagreed with some of my positions on English Wikipedia took advantage of that and posted blatantly untrue comments about me. As a result, if I run again in the future, this will no doubt rear its ugly head again. I'm not really into self-flaggelation, so it would take a lot of persuasion for me to consider a run again in the future. In particular, I'm not really a vandal-fighter or hat collector, and SWMT is pretty much the antithesis of what I've done over the years on Wikimedia projects. I don't object to the perspective that more multi-project experience is desirable; while I don't agree with it (and there are many stewards who did not have much multi-wiki experience when they were first elected), there is nothing inherently wrong with it. I have experience I thought would be useful, but others don't agree with me. That's okay; there are plenty of other ways that I can contribute to WMF projects. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Risker (talk) 19:56, 2 March 2014 (UTC)
- Well, I had similar issues in terms of the lies, and I still passed, so it certainly is possible. Anyway,  may be of interest to you.
- You know my thoughts on the whole thing already, but I'm sure that your bigger picture experience could be helpful in the development of projects who are still finding their way (and if you look hard enough, there are plenty of well-meaning projects who just need a bit of assistance). Anyway, I'm sure I'll see you around. --Rschen7754 21:17, 2 March 2014 (UTC)
2014 FDC self-nomination
Hello Risker! Thank you very much for submitting your nomination to join the Funds Dissemination Committee. I am working with the Board representatives to the FDC on the FDC nominations process. As you know, the public question and answer period is now underway. Please do review the questions and respond to them as you are able. If you are selected for an interview, kindly note that interviews will be held the week of the 23rd June and the 30th, if necessary. If the Board appoints you to the FDC, we will be holding orientation for members prior to Wikimania on August 6 and 7 in London. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to reach out to me on my Talk page or at FDCsupport@wikimedia.org. Once again, thank you very much for putting yourself forward as a candidate for the FDC! KLove (WMF) (talk) 00:07, 20 June 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you, KLove (WMF), so noted. I'm starting to work on the questions tonight. Incidentally, that email address returns an "out of office" notice, so I hope that someone other than Anasuya is monitoring it. Risker (talk) 01:04, 20 June 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Risker, thanks for the note. The FDCsupport email address goes to the three WMF staff that work on the FDC most closely: Winifred Olliff, Anasuya Sengupta, and me. Unfortunately, when one of us has an out of office notice up, it is triggered by the FDCsupport email. But worry not, our team is always actively monitoring that inbox and responding as quickly as we can. :) KLove (WMF) (talk) 18:25, 20 June 2014 (UTC)
Request for Comment: Evaluation portal redesign preview
Dear Risker - The Learning & Evaluation team at the WMF is currently redesigning the Evaluation portal! Before we take the next steps in the redesign process, we'd really like to hear your thoughts and feedback about the new design. You have been involved in evaluation portal over the last year and can help us design an improved site.
When you have a moment, please visit the link below for screenshots and more information. We'd really like to hear your feedback by July 21 07:00 UTC so we can incorporate your ideas or comments into the design process.