Swatjester's Talk Page Rules:
Note: This page is best viewed in the "monobook scheme" in Firefox.
- Before leaving any messages pertaining to help on a certain subject, check to see if the question is answered here before leaving a message on this talk page!
- To start a new message, click the + mark by the "edit this page" tab. Enter your subject, message, and sign your name (see rule seven if you don't know how to sign your name).
- If I begin a topic on your talk page, I will respond on your talk page.
- If you begin a topic on my talk page, I will respond on my talk page.
- I may deviate from that if I choose.
- As always, please adhere to civility rules and no personal attacks rules.
- ALWAYS sign with ~~~~ four tildes, or your message will be deleted.
- I have the right to delete inappropriate messages!
- This is my volunteer account. Official correspondence from the Wikimedia Foundation can be found from User:Drosenthal or by email at drosenthal at wikimedia dot org.
- Formatting on this page and its transcluded parent courtesy of Miranda
- --- Swatjester
Message of the fundraiser: — Help #keepitfree by donating to the Wikimedia Fundraiser
This is the talk page for User:Swatjester -- my volunteer account on WMF projects. For official WMF edits, see my staff account
Fundraising Committee 
Hi there! Thanks for volunteering to sit on the Fundraising committee. The work of the committee will be really valuable to making this year's annual giving campaign really effective. I've posted an overview to Fundraising 2010, and would love your thoughts on the talk page. I'm also going to try to set up an IRC meeting soon, and hope you'll join for that. Keep an eye Fundraising 2010/Committee for a couple of proposed times! Thanks again... Philippe (WMF) 18:20, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
- Absolutely. ⇒SWATJester Son of the Defender 18:22, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
I'd like to have a meeting on IRC this week to discuss the 2010-2011 annual appeal/fundraiser. This will be an "anyone is welcome" type meeting, open to the broad community. During this, Zack Exley and I will take you through our inital thoughts about the fundraiser and its organization, and ask you to join us in a discussion about the (massive) role of volunteers and chapters in this year's fundraiser.
Because of the vagaries of time zones, scheduling live meetings is hard. So, we'll have a couple of potential times, and we'll log and post the meeting for anyone who wasn't able to make it.
The meetings will be held Thursday, 12 August at 23:00 UTC (16:00 PDT) and Friday, 13 August at 16:30 UTC (09:30 PDT) in the #wikimedia-fundraising channel on the freenode network on IRC (irc://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-fundraising). You can access this using freenode's webclient, which is available at http://webchat.freenode.net/ or by using your favorite IRC client.
Hope to see you there! Philippe (WMF) 19:29, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
Fundraising 2010 
Hello Swatjester, I hope life is good. I need to make it back up to DC. Thanks for showing interest in the fundraising committee. You can see that we've started to develop the Committee structure and I'd like to encourage your thoughts and participation in the formulation of the important role Wikimedians will play in our drive this year. Please leave me a message if you have a specific request from me, otherwise head to the talk pages and lets get started brainstorming! Keegan (WMF), Fundrasing 2010 20:03, 7 September 2010 (UTC)
- Signed up for Outreach and Languages, as I'm not technical and don't speak languages. Hopefully I'll get to see you up in D.C. some time! ⇒SWATJester Son of the Defender 23:58, 7 September 2010 (UTC)
Banner help 
Hey, Have seen you done a lot on the banner front and was wondering if you could help me in creating a text banner.I have mentioned the idea of banner here at Idea#5.Please let me know if you could spare some time on it. Thanks a lot Logicwiki 03:28, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
- That's a good idea! Have you spoken with Theo? I know he was leading the charge on the indic Contribution Team stuff. ⇒SWATJester Son of the Defender 03:57, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
- :) Theo knows about it.What am wondering is the feasibility of such dynamic banner(I havent seen any apart from the progress bar in fundraising) and how easy/tough would it be to do it.Since you seem to be well versed with CentralNotice stuff, I pinged you. If you could give a shot just creating the banner, we could test it out internally / iterate, before launching it as a campaign[after some discussions].I would also leave a talkbalk here to Theo. Thanks. Logicwiki 16:49, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
Congratulations, Dear Administrator! 
Deutsch | English | español | français | italiano | Nederlands | português | русский | edit
An offering for our new administrator from your comrades... (our budget is smaller than Commons)
Swatjester, congratulations! You now have the rights of administrator on Meta. Please take a moment to read the Meta:Administrators
page and watchlist related pages (in particular Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat
, and Meta:Requests for deletion
, but also Talk:Spam blacklist
and Talk:Interwiki map
), before launching yourself into page deletions, page protections, account blockings, or modifications of protected pages. The majority of the actions of administrators can be reversed by the other admins, except for history merges which must thus be treated with particular care.
A tip: add this page Meta:Administrators' discussion index to your watchlist, it tracks the latest activity to various sections of many of the important pages.
Please feel free to join us on IRC: #wikimedia-admin @ irc.freenode.net. You may find Commons:Guide to adminship to be useful reading although it doesn't always completely apply here at Meta.
Please also check or add your entry to Meta:Administrators#List_of_administrators and the Template:List of administrators.
-Barras 08:11, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks !⇒SWATJester Son of the Defender 08:23, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
Indeed - welcome :) I hope to see you around Meta more often. –SJ · talk | translate 03:27, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
Steward nomination question 
Hello Dan, I left a followup question for you on your global lock last month.
I suspect there are some global policies we need to clarify here on Meta to help improve office-steward communication in the future, and it's probably good that you've brought one of them to the fore. The sense that something is urgent and that shortcuts should be taken is a familiar one, but we can channel that urgency to local communities to motivate their growth as well. –SJ · talk | translate 03:32, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
Steward election 2011 
Hello! I left a reply for you here on my talk page. I appreciate your following up on the statement I wrote. Blue Rasberry (talk) 02:58, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
- I replied in the same place and even if I did not find the best words I have the best intentions. Thank you so much for writing to me and participating in the Steward election. Blue Rasberry (talk) 02:09, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
is done, but hope to see you around. --WizardOfOz talk 18:27, 19 July 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks! ⇒SWATJester Son of the Defender 06:41, 29 July 2011 (UTC)