|Welcome to my talk page!
Read through the following text BEFORE you write your comments:
Have you read all the text above?? OK, then you can continue.
|Start a new discussion.|
|There is archives for this page. Don't edit the archive, start a new discussion thread instead.|
Egyptian Arabic Wikipedia
- Creates pages of sabotage in the scope of Wikipedia and scope of Wikipedia Talk
- Creates pages of sabotage in the scope of
- Protects pages without any reason
Please Prevent him and drag him, the validity of the administrative --18.104.22.168 06:26, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
- That he copied my user page without changing anything and I reverted it? He is free to copy the structure of my user page as long as he change the information to his own. -- Tegel (Talk) 19:23, 13 January 2013 (UTC)
- It's OK. What language are you writing? -- Tegel (Talk) 10:00, 26 January 2013 (UTC)
Vandalism in zh-yue
Thank you for your effort. Because this vandalism was not the first time. That ip user usually starts after midnight or morning. Your effort is very much appreciated. As I checked, the person uses some proxy in other country. --WikiCantona (talk) 19:58, 29 January 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. We're here to help each other. I have blocked some of the proxys globally. Your wiki doesn't have that many active administrators. Why is it not covered by Global sysops? The global sysops are around 25 experienced users that has admin rights on the 500 smallest wikis for fighting vandalism, and five of them where involved in this case. Maybe something for you to discuss with your local community. -- Tegel (Talk) 20:08, 29 January 2013 (UTC)
- No problem. Just wanted to let you know the different options. -- Tegel (Talk) 20:22, 29 January 2013 (UTC)
I would like to opt Viwiktionary out of global sysop help. We have 6 sysops and 1 bureaucrat. Even though only few sysops to 1 sysop is active and we don't really have like a community to reach consensus on this. There is maybe 1 other user beside the sysops. There aren't much to do anyway so I don't see any reasons that we need any help from global sysops. We don't need the help. We would rather to do by ourselves, that's the Vietnamese tradition.Trongphu (talk) 23:44, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. The vi.wiktionary has too few administrators that are active for a default opt-out. So the only way for a opt-out is that you reach a local consensus for this decision. Provide a link to this decision when the local discussion is over. -- Tegel (Talk) 02:35, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Xkcdreader/Interpretation_of_the_movie_title_Star_Trek_Into_Darkness Is there any way to recover this? The admins on en explicitly asked me to move it here and deleted it off their end. Am I allowed sandbox pages here? Xkcdreader (talk) 23:41, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
- I have answered you on your talk page User talk:Xkcdreader so we keep the discussion in one place. -- Tegel (Talk) 00:23, 7 February 2013 (UTC)
Teredo tunneling edit
I was going to add to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teredo_tunneling under Security Considerations that "Teredo tunneling reveals your true IP address and thus makes anonymizers useless. Teredo tunneling must be disabled when using anonymizers."
Unfortunately you have blocked my anonymizer, and i cannot find a proxy that isn't blocked, so I can't edit. I don't want to reveal to Swedish law enforcement and SÄPO that I want privacy, by making said edit without anonymizer. That is a surefire way of being suspected of terrorism and such, in today's and tomorrow's crazy surveillance society.
Therefore i kindly ask you to add the text within quotes above, or something with about the same meaning, to the page.
22.214.171.124 22:40, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- Do you have an independent reliable source to the information that you want to add?
- Sen ska man inte ändra på andras diskussionsinlägg, som du gjorde ovan. -- Tegel (Talk) 23:08, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- Do you really think that they don't? I am absolutely certain that if they don't already, they will with very high certainty do so within twenty years. Just look at the US. This won't lead anywhere, you will call me a tin foil hat and I will call you naïve, and none of us will accept the slightest bit of what the other has to say. Also, it's missing the point, really.
- The information is already on Mullvad's page, but Wikipedia is THE web encyclopedia. Most people look there first.
- I am not protected against the Data Retention Directive by creating an account. As I understand it, one can not even edit via an "open proxy" after logging in. Besides, it gives more text tied to one anonymous individual for data mining software to analyze in order to identify said individual.
- Sources: https://mullvad.net/sv/faq.php#teredo https://mullvad.net/sv/teredo_disable_win.php (Both in Swedish)
- Jag var inte ens medveten om att jag ändrade någons inlägg. Hur gör man för att inte ändra dem? Jag kollade versionshistoriken och såg att det var tre fonter och två tomrader. Tomraderna kan vara slarv, och då ber jag om ursäkt, men fonterna har jag inte rört. Den här gången har jag jämfört innan jag postade, och den enda skillnaden är den text jag har skrivit.
- 126.96.36.199 15:56, 9 February 2013 (UTC)
- Beroende på hur blockeringen är gjord så kan du editera med konto via en blockerad IP-adress. Om möjligheten att editera med konto via en blockerad IP-adress är borttagen så kan ditt konto få ett undantag från detta så att du kan editera även från helt blockerade IP-adresser. Men för att få detta undantag på ditt konto så måste du vara en betrodd användare med ett rimligt skäl. Så där blir det lite monemt-22 om du inte sedan tidigare har ett konto med en hel del redigeringar. -- Tegel (Talk) 16:34, 9 February 2013 (UTC)
- From what I can see the user from the IP-address is adding a comment regarding his block that you remove. Why?
- Then you removes all the comments that you have added, even after other users has commented, based on your comment. Why? That probably makes the discussion looks strange, because other users has commented on something that is not there any more. My recommendation is: leave other users comments alone and don't remove your comments after someone has replied. -- Tegel (Talk) 16:43, 15 February 2013 (UTC)
- You asked the question here and to keep the discussion together I answered here. I don't know what policys you have on the Turkish Wikipedia, but this is Meta. Don't remove other users comments unless it's considered vandalism. And I can't see that this is the case here. Don't remove your comment after other user has replied. And edit warring is not the answer to the problem. -- Tegel (Talk) 17:14, 16 February 2013 (UTC)
Jag skriver på svenska eftersom du anger det som ditt modersmål. Jag arbetar sedan ett par år tillbaka i tyska Wiktionary. Jag är (åtminstone i senaste användarstatistik) en av de särklassigt mest trägna bidragsgivarna till ordboken. Jag är även administratör. Sedan en tid finns det stora problem vid ordboken, så stora att jag sett mig tvungen att även göra en polisanmälan, eftersom jag även mottagit personliga hot via min privata epost-adress. Med anledning av detta behöver jag hjälp från någon person inom wiki-organisationen. Som du kan förstå vill och kan jag inte dryfta dessa frågor i offentligheten, jag ber dig därför att ta kontakt med mig på min epost-adress nedan. Om du anser att jag tagit kontakt med fel person ber jag dig om att hänvisa mig till rätt instans.
Med vänlig hälsning
Lars Gardenius(diskurs) 12:58, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- Ett mail är på väg. -- Tegel (Talk) 14:04, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
On hold for 36 hours
- Yes, maybe it was a little bit far fetched. But that is how I am sometimes... :-) -- Tegel (Talk) 19:08, 26 February 2013 (UTC)
- No, I don't want you to go away. Where you planing to create a subpage to your user page? It ended up in the main area and the name and content didn't make sense. Maybe User:Texaner/teszt is a better place for a test page? -- Tegel (Talk) 17:20, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
Global block for cross wiki abuse.
My IP address (188.8.131.52) has been blocked for a one-month period. 184.108.40.206 22:42, 8 March 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, that is right. For cross-wiki abuse. -- Tegel (Talk) 23:37, 8 March 2013 (UTC)
Dear Tegel, I am requesting you to guide me on how I can commence data on the subject of Greenhouse Tourism, it was developed and introduced to model tourism response to Climate change I am requesting that you guide me how I can follow rightful procedure.220.127.116.11 20:00, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- The first I can say is that Meta (this wiki) is the wrong place. This wiki is for coordinating thing among all the Wikimedia wikis. It's not a place for an article. If you would like to promote a company that works with green tourism then it's better to use your own webpage. Wikipedia is an encyclopaedia. If the topic is relevant for an article on Wikipedia is depending on the different criterias specified on each wiki. See List of Wikipedias for a list of all Wikipedia in different languages. -- Tegel (Talk) 20:12, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- You where editing the talk page that belong to the user "GREENHOUSE TOURISM". If you are that user, then I would recommend you to use your own web page. -- Tegel (Talk) 20:20, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
I am requesting that you assist in my providing me strategy for developing and posting data on Greenhouse Tourism concept derived specifically to model tourism response to Climate change
please looking forward to hearing from you
Edward Mashate18.104.22.168 20:45, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
Dear Tegel I was invited to post this Concept by Wiki padia please see the weblink http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:GREENHOUSE_TOURISM, I also received information from Stephen PHilbrik of the Wiki information team to go a head to post data, I am requesting that you assist and provide me with correct data, please the concept I am developing is Greenhouse Tourism and not Green Tourism.
Edward Mashate22.214.171.124 20:54, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- That is a welcome message given to all new user. Please read Meta:About regarding what Meta is ans is not. You are probably looking for Wikipedia, the encyclopaedia. I posted a link above to a list of all Wikipedias. I have provided you with the information where to write an article. -- Tegel (Talk) 20:59, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
Log in issue
I´m looking for someone who can help me. I have seen you have deleted my "test" at Partynia´s disk. So - I´m Partynia and have a global account at all wiki projects. All of them work (auomatic log in) but the meta account doesn´t work. I even cannot log in, because it says, the password is wrong. (It isn´t, because it works on all other projects). Who can help me? Please answer on my disk (german account) Thanx. Partynia --126.96.36.199 20:47, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
- I see that it's been brought up on Steward requests/SUL requests. I can't help any more than the help that you already got, but I could recommend Meta:Changing username for a local rename of the account. -- Tegel (Talk) 17:23, 11 March 2013 (UTC)
This is EdwestminsterEdwestminster (talk) 11:45, 12 March 2013 (UTC) a new Editor, who is an amateur, I am interested in Tourism and Environmental Management I would like us to discuss on some issues related to Tourism development There are two concepts that I am disagreeing with what is Eco-Tourism and Wildlife Tourism in Wiki Encyclopedia as far as i am concerned the two concepts are actually one. And they do not vary in any way in terms of Science and Economic interpretation.
I feel that these two concepts are going to cause confusion and eventually in the future in one being deleted and I know that the Wildlife Tourism strand will be eventually deleted because the official name within UNEP and World Tourism organisation is Eco-Tourism.
I wanted us to discuss this topic comprehensively,
- I have replied on my English talk page here: w:User talk:Tegel#Eco-tourism. -- Tegel (Talk) 11:48, 12 March 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. I have seen the mail, and will reply later today. -- Tegel (Talk) 02:37, 23 March 2013 (UTC)
- The IP-address is blocked as an open proxy. I can't undo what the local administrator has done. -- Tegel (Talk) 17:36, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
You have blocked 188.8.131.52 IP, and now I can't edit in Galician and Spanish Wikipedia. I have 19 917 contributions in all projects. I am a high school. Please, could you unlock my account? --Vivaelcelta (talk) 10:39, 11 April 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. Based on the history of contribution from the IP-address I don't think that the block is unfair. But I have changed the block so you can login with your account and continue to edit. -- Tegel (Talk) 10:48, 11 April 2013 (UTC)
- There is always a risk that innocent user get affected by a block. Specially if an IP-address is used at a school, library or any other public place. Unfortunately there is no way to guarantee that no innocent will be affected by a block. -- Tegel (Talk) 11:13, 11 April 2013 (UTC)
Autopatroll flag on META
- Based on the number of contributions that you have on Meta I don't see the need for that today. -- Tegel (Talk) 16:35, 16 April 2013 (UTC)
- I don't think that I have seen you on IRC in the channel normally used by members of SWMT. What is your nick on IRC? -- Tegel (Talk) 16:40, 16 April 2013 (UTC)
- I have not seen you there. When was the last time you where online? -- Tegel (Talk) 16:48, 16 April 2013 (UTC)
- I have replied on your talk page on az.wikipedia. -- Tegel (Talk) 18:03, 24 April 2013 (UTC)
184.108.40.206 on mk Wikipedia
- What do you want me to check? The user has stopped editing, and has not been blocked or warned. -- Tegel (Talk) 05:22, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
- It has a similar meaning in Swedish. It's seems to be one of these words that is basically the same in Dutch and Swedish. -- Tegel (Talk) 06:33, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
220.127.116.11 on mk wikipedia
- I can't check an IP-address just because they have an opinion against you in an election. Mk.wikipedia has local admins that can handle any problems there. -- Tegel (Talk) 17:09, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I know. But I can't do a check just because the user is against you in an election. -- Tegel (Talk) 17:11, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
- They don't have the right to vote, but they have the right to give comments. It takes at least two user for an edit war. Should I then block both of you? -- Tegel (Talk) 17:39, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
- "Anonymous users do not have the right to vote anywhere" - this is not a reason for blocking or removing a comment. It just can't be in the "votes" section. PiRSquared17 (talk) 17:41, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
- If I will block it will be two users blocked for edit war. Leave the comments and write below why you think that the users comments is wrong. Then other users can make their own mind. Right now it seems like you're removing negative information about yourself, and that doesn't look good for you. -- Tegel (Talk) 17:55, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
Hi and help
Hi Tegel, I was hoping if you would help me in a minor situation, please leave me a message. Thank you. (18.104.22.168 04:24, 2 May 2013 (UTC))
deleting my webpage
Hello my friend, i want to creat a page for e-joculete.ro , that is a well know website in Romania and is the biggest , how should i do it ? because you have said to me that i am promoting it ? thank you—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Bogdanel0 (talk • contribs) .
- Hi. This is Meta, a place for coordinating activities between the different projects. It's not a place for an article. Maybe you're looking for Wikipedia? -- Tegel (Talk) 10:54, 3 May 2013 (UTC)
flood-flaggan ser ut att ha aktiverats på Wikidata nu. Det ser dock lite märkligt ut i de svenska loggarna; "botanvändare" känns inte som ett helt intuitivt namn på företeelsen. Risk för missförstånd finns om du är med på vad jag menar. Några ideer på ett alternativt namn? -- Lavallen 18:02, 6 May 2013 (UTC)
- It's OK. I just commented on the nonsense-page the user created and the fact that you don't know Swedish. It's taken care of. -- Tegel (Talk) 09:04, 11 May 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, I don't speak Hawaiian so I can't help you. -- Tegel (Talk) 17:08, 15 May 2013 (UTC)
Naji Barbarata: http://hif.wikipedia.org/wiki/khaas:Contributions/22.214.171.124 2A01:7C8:AAB0:A8:0:0:0:1 15:10, 18 May 2013 (UTC)
- The Serbo-Croatioan Wikipedia has active admins, so contact them. -- Tegel (Talk) 16:33, 19 May 2013 (UTC)
- I have the possibility to act if it's an emergency. But contacting me on my talk page is not the quickest way to get something done. If possible, try to contact the local admins first. In this case the IP-address got blocked just a couple of minutes after you informed the local admin. If it's an emergency I would recommend #wikimedia-stewards on IRC. There you can get hold of a Steward most of the time. In the case of Serbo-Croatioan Wikipedia a Global Sysop can also help you. You can find them in #wikimedia-gs, or often in #wikimedia-stewards. -- Tegel (Talk) 19:41, 19 May 2013 (UTC)
So it's somewhat a predicament
00:21, 7 гурба һара 2013 Tegel (обсуждение | γйлэ) удалил страницу Участник:Matticusmadness (Not created by the user)
I don't know if you remember this (bxr wiki. http://bxr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%D0%A3%D1%87%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA:Matticusmadness&action=edit&redlink=1 ) but given that we have the username userfication changes coming up I decided to chase up and get the one 'Matticusmadness' that isn't in my SUL. I tried and I couldn't find the rename section for bxr so you were my first stop. Does bxr even have a WP:CHU? if not can you usurp the username so I can log in and grab it to do a full unification of my username? If it does have a CHU can you please provide me with a link to the CHU?
- The bxr.wikipedia doesn't have any Bureaucrats, so if there was a page for requesting rename (I don't know if it exists) it wouldn't have any effect. So the proper place to request a rename would be Steward requests/Username changes. The user at bxr.wikipedia didn't have any edits, so I have renamed the account so it's now available for you. -- Tegel (Talk) 16:25, 23 May 2013 (UTC)
Central account/Merge help
Hello, Yesterday I've merged remaining few accounts on some Wikipedias (which had different password than rest), however when I was done with that, I got the notice that merging accounts failed on Commons. As I couldn't remember my password (didn't use Commons for quite a time!), I tried recovering password using mail, but I didn't get it, even though it's listed on my Wikipedia account settings. Could you help me merge that one remaining account?--Vatrena ptica (talk) 17:31, 28 May 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. Sorry, but I don't have the possibility to merge accounts. But you're not alone with this problem. I have the same problem with my account on he.wikivoyage. There is a bug-report filed as you can see here. If you want to you can create an account on Bugzilla and add your details there as well. -- Tegel (Talk) 15:54, 29 May 2013 (UTC)
Can't unify account on cs wikipedia
I can't unify my acount on cs wikipedia per "The user name "Morgankevinj" has been banned from creation. It matches the following blacklist entry: .*Kev.* <newaccountonly>" MorganKevinJ(talk) 06:34, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
Account Block for Editing: vhinczefied (IP 126.96.36.199)
I just want to ask why my account "vhinczefied (IP 188.8.131.52)" was block for editing with the following reason: Cross-wiki spam: spambot. I wasn't notify before hand of my said offense and may I know the exact the ground on why my account was been blocked. Thank you --Vhinczefied (talk) 07:33, 2 June 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. It's not your account that is blocked. It's the IP-address that you are currently using (IP 184.108.40.206) that is blocked. That is because someone has used that IP-address to create spam-accounts and has been spreading spam on different wikis. I have modified the block so you can login with your account. -- Tegel (Talk) 08:40, 2 June 2013 (UTC)
Mr. Tegel My IP address is 220.127.116.11. You blocked me putting the the reason "Cross-wiki spam: spambot." (Start of block: ১০:০৩, ২ জুন ২০১৩ Expiry of block: ১০:০৩, ২ ডিসেম্বর ২০১৩). I feel really surprised why im given so big punishment. I want to contribute much in Wikipedia. Please unblock me.. Thanks —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Nawfa2000 (talk • contribs) .
- You haven't done anything wrong. It's the IP-address that you got that has been used by a spammer before you and that is why the IP-address is blocked. I see that you have edited the English Wikipedia today, so do you still have this problem? -- Tegel (Talk) 15:58, 5 June 2013 (UTC)
Unblocked in bxr wikipedia
Hello! Unblocked me, please in Buryat Wikipedia. I will write article. I promised, what don't will vandals. I am writing to you because the administrators is not active.--Region190 (talk) 15:47, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
- The local admin is still active. The user edited just 2 days ago and you can still edit your talk page to request an unblock. It's up to the local community if they would like to change the block that I placed. -- Tegel (Talk) 16:55, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
About IP account block
Hi, I'm a logged-in user (English Wikipedia), but when trying to edit, the message shows You are currently unable to edit Wikipedia. Editing from your IP address (18.104.22.168) has been blocked. Cross-wiki spam: spambot. Why am I bloched. Please help me. I've edits pending...--AsceticRose (talk) 17:19, 15 June 2013 (UTC)