Criteria for images
The files have been chosen according to the following criteria :
- The image is high-quality (obviously). See commons:Commons:Featured pictures.
- The image is PD : we can't cite authors on this type of document. See commons:Category:PD.
- The image is in a 2x3 format or can be cropped to this format without witiating the image quality. We can also try 1x1 (square) format.
- If possible, the image has been taken by a Wikimedia user. See commons:Category:PD-user.
- The image is simple and the subject is easily identifiable (the pictures will be in a small size).
Tool to browse images in a category with a given license : MediaSearch.
Selecting a clever sample
Among the images meeting all these criteria, we need to select 3 or 4 different images depicting faithfully what people can find on Commons.
- Examples :
|code||language||text||updated||updated||authors / sources||comments|
|fr||French||text||January 2007||January 2007||guillom||draft, do not use yet|
|en||English||text||January 2007||January 2007||guillom||draft, do not use yet.|