To be filled up later
Welcome to the the website of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc, a non-profit organization dedicated to encouraging the growth and development of free content, multilingual, wiki-based projects, and to providing the full content of those projects to the public free of charge and without advertising.
The Wikimedia Foundation is the parent organization of some of the largest collaboratively-edited reference projects in the world, including Wikipedia, the award-winning online encyclopedia. Other online projects include Wiktionary, a multilingual dictionary; Wikibooks, a collection of free content textbooks; Wikiquote, a repository of famous quotes; and Wikisource, a repository for primary source material.
- Heading [centered]
- interlang-links [on the right]
- Logos [centered. These should link to project summaries- have a contact from each to maintain it in each lang]
- Donations (1st column)
- Press room (2nd column) (does this need to be on the main page - maybe just a summary with a different header)
- Further info
- Mission Statement (or maybe this can go in the "about" link)
- GFDL notice
Shop or download
I wonder if we could not just add a link "shopping" or anything "equivalent" to go to a page which will propose
- to download the content of our projects
- to download the mediawiki software
- to download or buy wikiReaders
- to buy tee-shirts, mugs and such...
The Wikimedia sites include Wikipedia, one of the top 750 most visited websites in the world tracked by Alexa.com, and numerous other projects in many languages. The primary use of all of our funds is to purchase the computer equipment needed to support these activities.
The Foundation relies on support from individuals like you. Please consider making a donation today.