WikiConference India 2011/Submissions/A new scientific India
This is an open submission for WikiConference India 2011.
- 11:10, 9 August 2011 (UTC) --Profvk 11:10, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- Title of the submission
A new scientific India
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, or presentation)
- Author of the submission
V. Krishnamurthy (Profvk)
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- State of your origin (Country, if you are not based in India)
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
I am a regular contributor to Tamil Wiki(I am a retired professor of Mathematics)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (maximum 500 words)
There are five reasons why future needs more regional educative articles in deeper science. No other instrument than wiki can help in this direction. English Wiki caters only to probably 25 percent of population. Country is known for its spirituality, for its information technology competence but not for its scientific competence. Students should be attracted to go to Regional Wikis (instead of English wiki) for most of their technical doubts. Public awareness of and media attention to science can spread only through wiki and its regional language accounts of scientists. Let us not think what we can write in Regional Language which is not already in English. By massive spread of knowledge available in English, through local language, we will ultimately, in the next generation, be ready to write original articles in our own languages. I will cite my example of how I, who did not study Tamil at school or college (though Tamil-born), but now have learnt to write 150 articles in Mathematics, in Tamil. Large, very large, number of school and college teachers should start writing in Wiki in their own language on hard core science in which they are knowledgeable. This will be the greatest service of the present generation to future India.
- Track (Community/Knowledge/Outreach/Technology)
- Will you attend Wikiconference if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)