WikiConference India 2011/Submissions/Authenticity of data
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This is an open submission for WikiConference India 2011.
Not open yet - please do not edit this page.
- Title of the submission
- Authenticity Of Data
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Ashwni Bansal
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin (State if India is the country of origin)
- Madhya Predesh
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Student, Delhi Technological University, New Delhi
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (in 500 words)
- The data provide on wikimedia is very large, and anyone can edit any sort of data. The authenticity of data is main concern, i.e. if data is correct and proven. If data is authentic , then would it be allowed to further edit, to what extent, and what about the authenticity of that data too.
The data can be authenticated by creating a large community of valunteers, who will be responsible for finding out the authenticity of data.
- Track (Community/Knowledge/Outreach/Technology)
- Will you attend Wikiconference if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)