WikiConference India 2011/Submissions/Productive editting
This is an open submission for WikiConference India 2011.
- 08:10, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
- Title of the submission
(a) Productive editting - best practices for a happy editting life!
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, or presentation)
- Author of the submission
AshLin 08:10, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- State of your origin (Country, if you are not based in India)
India. Indian citizen. Located in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikipuneri (Pune Wikimedian community)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (maximum 500 words)
Editing in Wikipedia should be a happy experience. For most Wikipedians, random editing soon gives rise to a feeling of ineffectiveness. Dispute or unfortunate experiences in Wikipedia tend to discourage new editors. Enjoyable editing is vital as it keeps editors motivated and converts them into long term, productive and motivated editors. Some suggestions are made in this presentation which will help newbies or inexperienced editors to find focus, purpose and better satisfaction through editing.
- Track (Community/Knowledge/Outreach/Technology)
- Will you attend Wikiconference if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Will be forwarded when ready