WikiConference India 2011/Submissions/Searching the needle in this haystack
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This is an open submission for WikiConference India 2011.
- 12:13, 4 August 2011 (UTC)
- Title of the submission
- Searching the needle in this haystack
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Rahul Parashar
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin (State if India is the country of origin)
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (in 500 words)
- There is so much information available on wikipedia but when it comes to searching, all we can search with keywords. We should expand the searching capability of wikipedia. More searching options should be added to search pages in other languages, based on images, places, people etc. We can also initiate a project like a people directory project where people can search for other people and see the public information available about other people. As wikipedia already has such a huge reach among users around the world, we'd be able to collect and most importantly provide so much information.
- Track (Community/Knowledge/Outreach/Technology)
- Will you attend Wikiconference if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)