WikiConference India 2011/Submissions/Tools in Indic Wikipedia
This is an open submission for WikiConference India 2011.
- 07:14, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
- Title of the submission
Role of Tools in Indic Wikipedias. A look at the range of tools being in use.
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, or presentation)
Presentation, Open discussion
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- State of your origin (Country, if you are not based in India)
Currently based out of AP, Very much part of TN, KA as well :P :)
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
Member of Wikimedia India Chapter, Part of Tamil,English wiki community
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (maximum 500 words)
A look at various tools in use around Indic Wikipedia, various technical tasks needed to be done on Indic Wikipedias. More of sharing knowledge and best practices of tools across projects / technology to put in use across Indic Wikipedia.Mostly will be covering Tamil Wikipedia as case study since most of my work / knowledge is around there but not limited to it.Also ways to encourage technical non-editors into Indic Wikipedias and role technical folks can play without editing.Large number of techies do not enter Indic Wikipedia due to linguistic incompetence(Myself prime example till 2010),this will also aim spreading awareness among them, that they have a role to play
- Track (Community/Knowledge/Outreach/Technology)
- Will you attend Wikiconference if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)