WikiConference India 2011/Submissions/Wikipedia India Education Program - Roundtable
This is an open submission for WikiConference India 2011.
- 15:44, 30 August 2011 (UTC)
- Title of the submission
Wikipedia India Education Program - Pune Pilot : Roundtable
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, or presentation)
Facilitated Roundtable of Students, Teachers and Campus Ambassadors
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
hisham at wikimedia dot org
- State of your origin (Country, if you are not based in India)
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (maximum 500 words)
This session seeks to provide a very engaging way of bringing the Wikipedia India Education Program pilot in Pune. Through a facilitated roundtable, it is sought to give insights and learnings from the pilot. The participants of the rountable will be participating students, teachers and Campus Ambassadors.
It will be an honest and human way of reviewing the program - what's going right, what can be improved and lessons learned. There are more than 1000 participating students and it'll be really useful if we can get a rich picture from the pilot.
The key aspects that are likely to be covered are
- What was the motivation to participate?
- How was the training? Was it adequate? What could be improved?
- What was the experience of the first edit? What doubts did they have? Where these doubts cleared? Who and how were they cleared?
- What lessons can we learn?
Comments and questions will be invited from the audiences
- Track (Community/Knowledge/Outreach/Technology)
Community / Outreach
- Will you attend Wikiconference if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
Please see WP:INDIAEDU