WikiConference India 2011/Submissions/mass creation of 1 liner articles in wikipedia and its current state
This is an open submission for WikiConference India 2011.
- 05:39, 18 August 2011 (UTC)
- Title of the submission
Mass Creation of 1-liner Wikipedia Articles and Its Current State
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, or presentation)
presentation and discussion
- Author of the submission
రహ్మానుద్దీన్ షేక్ (Rahimanuddin Shaik)
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- State of your origin (Country, if you are not based in India)
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
Member of Wikimedia India Chapter, Telugu Wikipedia, Telugu and English wiki communities in Hyderabad.
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (maximum 500 words)
Wikipedia has shown a way to be in collaboration. Indian languages, especially Telugu have enormous amounts of knowledge which has to be given to the coming generations in a better manner. But, lack of interest in people has been the biggest hindrance. So, employing a bot and creating 1-liner articles, that would in turn inspire people to come up with an interest to write about the articles was the most primitive idea that came to the founders of Telugu wikipedia. Hence 1-liner articles about all the villages, mandals and districts were created with the minimum required article size. This paper/presentation would bring to light the pros and cons of such approaches and their impact.
- Track (Community/Knowledge/Outreach/Technology)
Community Knowledge Outreach
- Will you attend Wikiconference if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)