WikiWomenCamp/Agenda/Using wikis for Project Management
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
- Siska Doviana (facilitator)
- Kartika Sari Henry
- Charlene Foster
- Netha Hussain
- Melisa Parisi
- Wikimedia Cipta gives funding for numerous small projects.
- Money is given in stages, depending on the success rate of the project undertaken.
- Those who undertake the project are called project directors and the responsibility of spending the money rests with them.
- The project directors will be given certificates regarding their participation in projects.
- In future, Wikimedia Indonesia plans to conduct this program in a more elaborate way including international volunteers.
- Step 1 : Create a main infrastructure budget.
- Step 2 : Training volunteers to take up projects.
- Step 3 : Conducting the program
- Step 4 : Writing the report
Difficulties during the pilot program
- The budget calculation went wrong.
- Delay in procuring funds.
- Certain projects demanded the input of more money.
- Finding a meeting place with good wi-fi facilities for the trainers and trainees.
Merits of the program
- Involvement of a large number of students into project direction.
- A good number of quality articles in Wikipedia.
- Increase in readership of Wikipedia.
- Awareness about Wikiprojects in Universities in Indonesia.