This page collects use-cases for Wikidata that should be taken into consideration for development. We're looking for a diverse set of examples of lists in the Wikipedias that could be served by Wikidata in the future. Please only add lists that actually exist already. Please also explain why it would be good to support the specific case.
"We will probably not be able to support all of these. This is only a collection of things that would be nice to support."
- population of cities (with subsets per source and year). Ideally, it should be possible to display a table or a graph of a whole source subset) The "show whole subset" would allow to add a new year worth of data without manually adding it to each wiki's article is:Listi yfir stærstu borgir Evrópusambandsins eftir fólksfjölda innan borgarmarka
- using wikidata supplement the interwiki syntax system (seen on IRC_office_hours/Office_hours_2012-04-05)
- Lists requiring a substantial amount of explanatory text for each item, like
- Election results (percentage per candidate and per city/region where that can apply)
- Lists that could be made arbitrarily long like en:List of 20th-century writers (ignore, set up a machine-computable notability score ?)
- Templates such as en:Template:Toolserver
- List of Lights (lighthouses etc., with hight, light character, pictures from Commons)
- List of Harbours (type, capacity, etc)
- List of Rivers (length, catchment, water quality, navigability, etc)
- Sport results (en:Germany at the 2012 Summer Olympics, en:Rowing at the 2012 Summer Olympics etc.)
- Sports league tables, such as en:Template:2011–12 Premier League table. At the moment dozens of wikis individually create and update such tables.
- Railway lists such as en:List of London Underground stations – updating zones and passenger usage figures.
- Lists of species such as en:List of lemur species – Scientific name, Common name, Average size, Conservation status etc.
- User:WaitingForConnection has drafted a brief case study, which may be of some interest to developers.
- List of food additives: en:List_of_food_additives,_Codex_Alimentarius, fr:Liste des additifs alimentaires
- List of chemicals per alphabetic order with several physical properties
- List of chemicals according to some characteristics: solvant, enzyme, antibiotics
- List of physical properties: enthalpy (fr:Liste d'enthalpies de dissolution, standard potential en:Standard electrode potential (data page), solubility (en:Solubility table) at different temperatures (qualifiers)
- List of chemical reaction (alphabetic order fr:Liste de réactions chimiques)
- Wikidata:Wikidata:Phase 3 (usecases with lists that exist today)