Wikidata/Status updates/2013 01 11
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2013-01-11.
- Bene* developed a new tool to show existing or missing items for a given Wikipedia category
- Selenium test-groups for (non)experimental features (bugzilla:43828)
- Notification for IP edits that IP will be logged (bugzilla:42954)
- Verified fix & added Selenium tests for broken error-reporting on label/description uniqueness constraint (bugzilla:43301)
- Updated PHP, MySQL, Ruby, Selenium, etc.. on internal test server and enabled APC + memcached
- Work on AbuseFilter to make it work with Wikidata content (bugzilla:42064)
- Implemented length constraint for labels, descriptions and aliases (configurable with a default of 2500 UTF8 characters)
- Implementing a new mechanism for dispatching change notifications to client wikis
- Worked more on how Wikidata changes are handled in the client watchlist (bugzilla:43124)
- Some work went into using Solr for the search. Still very simple
- Prepared improvements to our puppet files on labs
- Worked on statements UI (snaktypes/references)
- Fixed bugs in UI event handling of widgets
- Put EntityId parsing code into a dedicated class
- Finished EntityDiff cleanup
See current sprint items for what we’re working on next.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here.
- Reworked inclusion syntax completely 1 2
- Updates to time and space model
- Is there a need for bureaucrats?
- Planned improvement to the search field
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Deployment on the Hungarian Wikipedia is still planned for Monday (Jan 14th)
- Jens writes a bit about Wikidata’s mascots
Open Tasks for You
- Give feedback on inclusion syntax draft version 3, the updated time and space model and the plans for improving the search field
- Hack on one of these
Anything to add? Please share! :)