Wikidata/Status updates/2013 01 18
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2013-01-18.
- We are live on the Hungarian Wikipedia \o/
- We have an intern for a week, Marius aka User:Hoo man. He’ll be working on the wizard for linking a new Wikipedia article to an existing item or creating a new item for it if none exists yet. (the first two stories here)
- Refactored sites code to improve design
- Changed item datatype to use entityid as datavalue rather than string
- Added lots of new Selenium tests
- Changed AbuseFilter so Wikibase can hook into it
- Implemented new change dispatcher script
- Working on combining successive changes to avoid watchlist clutter
- Claims error handling (i.e. they now show error messages when needed)
- Implemented initial version of Solr-based search for Wikidata in extension WikibaseSolr
- Started investigating use of Lua/Scribunto for the Wikibase client
- Updated the Wikidata Vagrant development machine
- Improved the setup via puppet on Labs
See current sprint items for what we’re working on next.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here.
- Latest updates on time and coordinate datatypes
- Schedule for the reconfirmation of the first round of admins
- RFC on en:wp about the transition to language links from Wikidata
- Signpost, among others, covers the deployment on the Hungarian Wikipedia
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Congrats to our sister Wikivoyage on their official launch
- There’s now a manual for using the Pywikipediabot on Wikidata
- Deployed new code on wikidata.org
- Community Portal got a rework
- Tried to drop www from Wikidata URLs but that was more difficult than expected. Sorry for the issues it caused. We're working on resolving the remaining ones.
Open Tasks for You
Anything to add? Please share! :)