Wikidata/Status updates/2013 03 01
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2013-03-01.
- Extended diff view to include references now
- Fixed bug where incorrect statements revision was shown in diff view
- Added first version of Linked Data interface (RDF/XML); will be accessible from Special:EntityData
- Updated the demo system
- More work towards using Solr for our search
- More investigation and fixes of search issues
- Fixed several bugs in the entity selector and improved its behavior
- Worked on refactoring of how our widgets use the toolbar
- A lot of bug fixing
See current sprint items for what we’re working on next.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here.
- Wikipedia Day NYC
- upcoming: Wikimedia metrics and activities meeting
- upcoming: office hour (German)
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Rollout of phase 1 (language links) on all remaining Wikipedias is still planned for March 6
- Next update on wikidata.org is also planned for March 6. This will have bugfixes and if all goes well string as a new available data type.
- Proposal was made to the Hungarian, Hebrew and Italian Wikipedias to be the first batch to use phase 2 of Wikidata (infoboxes). Scheduled timeframe for this is end of March
- d:Wikidata:Database reports has some useful reports like the list of most used properties
- The interwiki shortcut :d was changed to always use www in the resulting link (to prevent editing issues on other URLs).
- The list of available properties is growing and a whole bunch of new ones are being discussed
- Reasonator gives you a nice adapted view of an item about a person
- Items by cat helps you find missing items in a certain Wikipedia category
- A few more additions to d:Wikidata:Tools that you should have a look at if you’re editing statements
- We now have more than 2600 active users on Wikidata. Thanks for being awesome. <3
Open Tasks for You
- Help bring the content of en:Wikipedia:Wikidata to the remaining Wikipedias that will get phase 1 on March 6
- Hack on one of these
Anything to add? Please share! :)