Wikidata/Status updates/2013 04 12
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2013-04-12.
- Got some external professional review of our code and architecture and started working on their feedback
- Worked on reducing the dispatch lag (the time it takes for changes on Wikidata to be sent to the Wikipedias for display in watchlist, recent changes and to purge affected pages)
- Worked on using Redis for job queue to improve the lag situation even further
- Created new Wikibase Query extension for phase 3 functionality
- Autocomments & Autosummaries for SetClaim module
- Worked on the GeoCoordinate parser
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
- see Events
- right now: GLAM-WIKI 2013
- The RFC about bureaucrats was closed
- RfC about policy for translation admins
- We need feedback from contributors working on references addition or having tried to add references to statements. Please comment about your problems or your trials at d:Help:Sources
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Deployment of phase 2 on the remaining Wikipedias was delayed because of a high lag of changes being propagated to the Wikipedias. The lag has been reduced considerably now and is going down even more. The new date for deployment will not be next week because there are other large changes on Wikimedia infrastructure scheduled that we do not want to interfere with. It will hopefully happen very soon after that though.
- Next code update on wikidata.org is planned for Wednesday. This should include qualifiers and bugfixes.
- There will probably be a short outage/read-only for wikidata.org on Tuesday (database is being switched to MariaDB)
- If you're a student and interested in coding on Wikidata consider applying for Google Summer of Code.
- There is a new user right: property creators
- There is now a page to request deletion of a property
- We now have Bureaucrats
- Reasonator was improved and extended (1 2)
Open Tasks for You
Anything to add? Please share! :)