Wikidata/Status updates/2013 04 19
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2013-04-19.
- Dispatch lag is now down to 0 so changes should show up very quickly on the Wikipedias in watchlists and recent changes
- wikidata.org now always redirects to www.wikidata.org. This should among other things solve the issue where people were not able to edit when on wikidata.org (bugzilla:45005)
- Fixed weird blocked-user/protected-page handling in UI (bugzilla:45140)
- Final meetings for the external professional review of our code and architecture. They were quite happy with the quality of the codebase and gave useful tips for improvements
- Worked on automatic summaries for editing claims
- Worked on using Redis and the job queue for change notifications to clients
- Work on the storage code for answering queries
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
- GLAM-WIKI 2013
- upcoming: office hour on IRC about sources
- upcoming: Opensource Treffen
- upcoming: intro to Wikidata at the British Library
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Deployment of phase 2 (infoboxes) on English Wikipedia is planned for April 22. All remaining Wikipedias are planned for April 24.
- Qualifiers are available now. In the same update several bugs have been fixed mainly related to Internet Explorer 8. At the same time search has been made case-insensitive. More details here.
- d:Wikidata:Notability has been completely rewritten
- Cool task force page: d:Wikidata:Video games task force
- List of Wikipedia articles that still have language links in the wiki text
Open Tasks for You
- Hack on one of these
Anything to add? Please share! :)