Wikidata/Status updates/2013 04 26
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2013-04-26.
- Started working on support for the Time data type in the frontend (editing/displaying of time values)
- Fixed copyright tooltip’s issues where it was not possible to dismiss it
- Started work for making it possible to track where on the client a property is used
- Work on dispatching changes to Wikipedias via the redis job queue
- Introducing core hooks to allow us to avoid page re-rendering when language links are changed
- Implemented automatic comments for setClaim (adding/setting claim, adding/removing/changing qualifiers)
- Investigated issue where edit conflicts are detected in error
- Fixed wrong revision shown in history-view
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
- A lot of articles about the deployment of phase 2 on all Wikipedias among them: Wikipedia-Datenfundus Wikidata geht in den Regelbetrieb, Wikidata goes live worldwide, Wikidata-revolutionen är här: Möjliggör strukturerade data på Wikipedia
- Wikimedia switching to MariaDB in c'T (German): Wikipedia wechselt von MySQL auf MariaDB
- Office hour about references (log)
- Introduction to Wikidata - talk at the British Library (slides)
- OpensourceTreffen in Munich
- Upcoming: Hypertext 2013
- RfC about vandalism
- RfP for oversighters
- RfC about interproject links interface
- RfC about inactive administrators
- RfC about permissions for rollbackers regarding vandalism
- RfC about Kinship
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Phase 2 has been deployed on English Wikipedia and all remaining ones
- Deployed a widget that makes it easier to add language links when there is only one language link on Wikidata so far
- Page to collect information about phase 2 on the Wikipedias
- Page edits have passed 31 million.
- d:Help:Shortcut lists shortcuts for frequently used pages
- Nice interaction of local data and data from Wikidata on English Wikipedia
Did you know?
- Item Q12000000 is is the Czech Wiki entry about "Výškové horolezectví" or "high altitude climbing"
- Newest properties are: occupant, color (hex triplet), NOR, member of, color (item), opposite of, said to be the same as, IMO ship number, foundational text, Emporis ID, Structurae ID, industry, cohabitant, astronaut's missions, original network, launch site
- Newest qualifiers are: determination method, role
- Properties merged: sister and brother (discussion)
Open Tasks for You
- Hack on one of these
- Translate the Table of properties into your language
- Review a proposal for a qualifier property
- Respond to a "Request for Comment"
- If fixing a particular bug is especially important for you then please consider voting for it in Bugzilla to help the development team prioritize. A list of all of the currently open ones is here.
Anything to add? Please share! :)