Wikidata/Status updates/2013 05 03
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2013-05-03.
- Worked with students on their Google Summer of Code proposals
- Worked on time data type editing in the frontend
- Worked on improving the DataTypes system
- Working on better Continuous Integration strategy
- Moving Selenium tests to Cloudbees & Saucelabs
- Catching up with Selenium tests
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
- Hypertext 2013
- upcoming: Treffen der Redaktion Chemie
- RFC to enable the "flood flag"
- RFC about "labels in uncommon language variants"
- RFC to create "Items for Wikimedia projects besides Wikipedia"
- 7 users requesting access to the oversight permission
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Bugfixes were deployed on wikidata.org. The ones you probably care about are:
- when clicking "edit links" on a Wikipedia article the user is automatically taken to the language links part of the item. Hopefully it is now more obvious how to change the links.
- fixed a few cases where edit conflicts were detected in error
- added automatic edit summaries for adding qualifiers and claims
- fixed wrong revision being shown in div history
- Translators can now sign up to receive translation notifications at d:Special:TranslatorSignup
- Visual query interface for Wikidata
- 3 Wikimania submissions that could use your vote at the bottom: State of Wikidata, The Technology Behind Wikidata, Ask Us Anything About Wikidata
Did you know?
- Newest properties: Recorded at (studio), Supporting actor/actress, Palissy identifier, Filmaffinity number, input device, Volume (collections), Historic Places identifier, CELEX number, country calling code, local dialing code, eight banner register, lakes on river, dan/kyu rank, legislated by
- Newest task forces: Pokémon task force, Cultural heritage task force, Space task force
Open Tasks for You
- Review a proposal for a qualifier or property
- Respond to a "Request for Comment"
- Hack on one of these
Anything to add? Please share! :)