Wikidata/Status updates/2013 05 31
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2013-05-31.
- Deutschlandfunk interview about Wikipedia, Wikidata and more
- Hackathon in Amsterdam
- Linked Data in Business
- Upcoming: Arts, Humanities and Complex Networks
- Upcoming: SemTechBiz
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- The time datatype is now available allowing you to enter dates in Wikidata (this also includes a short rundown of what the developers are going to work on next)
- 5 students are working on projects related to Wikidata as part of Google Summer of Code 2013
- prototype of a multilingual map using Wikidata
- Many Wikimedia wikis got a new account creation and login page - among them Wikidata
Did you know?
- Newest properties: venue (P540), office contested (P541), officially opened by (P542), oath made by (P543), torch lit by (P545), docking port (P546), commemorates (P547), version type (P548), MGP ID (P549), chivalric order (P550), residence (P551), handedness (P552), social media account on (P553), social media address (P554), doubles record (P555), crystal system (P556), DiseasesDB (P557), unit symbol (P558), terminus (P559), direction (P560), NATO reporting name (P561), central bank/issuer (P562), ICD-O (P563), singles record (P564), crystal habit (P565)
- Newest task forces: Tennis task force, Taxonomy task force, Iranian Persian task force, Medicine task force
- Made good progress on moving the sitelinks on Wikidata too when a page on Wikipedia is moved (bugzilla:36729 - currently the bug with most votes)
- Fixed some bugs in the time value user interface
- Worked on coordinate value support
- Worked together with Wikimedia Foundation ops staff on Apache configuration changes to enable “pretty urls” for item pages. (e.g. https://en.wikidata.org/wiki/New_York_City goes to https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q60 in the future)
- Added MediaWiki setting wgLogAutopatrol to allow wikis the option to disable logging of autopatrol actions
- Improved EntityPerPage rebuild script, which is needed to fix the situation where some Wikipedia articles can't access data from Wikidata (bugzilla:48506)
- Fixed bug in SetQualifiers API module; Moved both SetQualifiers and RemoveQualifiers out of experimental mode
See current sprint items for what we’re working on next.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
Open Tasks for You
- Help fix formatting and value issues for a property
- Respond to a "Request for Comment"
- Hack on one of these
Anything to add? Please share! :)