Wikidata/Status updates/2013 07 26
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2013-07-26.
- New UI Mockup suggested for Wikidata Mobile. Please give feedback.
- Next office hour on August 26
- upcoming: COSCUP
- upcoming: Wikimania (including hackathon)
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Wikidata learns to travel - language link support for Wikivoyage has been enabled and it was concluded that Wikivoyagers are pretty awesome
- There is now a gadget you can use to see a map of a geocoordinate on Wikidata
- Picture of the week could use some more input
- Top 20 items on Wikidata that are covered in a lot of Wikipedias? Here you go.
Did you know?
- Newest properties: Dodis (P701), encoded by (P702), found in taxon (P703), Ensembl Transcript ID (P704), Ensembl Protein ID (P705), located on terrain feature (P706), Satellite bus (P707), diocese (P708), Historic Scotland ID (P709), participant (P710), Strunz 8 (P711), Strunz 9 (P712), Strunz 10 (P713), Dana 8th edition (P714), Drugbank ID (P715), JPL Small-Body Database identifier (P716), Minor Planet Center observatory code (P717), Canmore ID (P718), Notable Incident (P719)
- Newest task forces: Global Economic Map task force
- When a page is moved on Wikipedia or Wikivoyage the link on Wikidata is now updated (bugzilla:36729)
- Ranking of the search results has been improved
- Worked on URL data type
- Added coveralls.io support for most of our components (test coverage)
- Fixed some minor bugs related to site-links editing
- Fixed bugzilla:52023, where multiple anon warning bubbles are displayed at once
- Worked on SpamBlacklist to filter URL values in Wikibase
- Improved handling of corrupt data from the database
- Made tests more reliable
- Made regular undo via the API work with Wikibase
- Worked on Time value formatter
- Error handling for ByPropertyValue API module
- Work on implementing QueryEntity
See current sprint items for what we’re working on next.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
Open Tasks for You
- Add some data about Hong Kong and related things. Denny promises nice visualizations ;-)
- Help fix formatting and value issues for a property.
- Respond to a "Request for Comment".
- Hack on one of these.
Anything to add? Please share! :)