Wikidata/Status updates/2013 08 09
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2013-08-09.
- Request for comment on Property proposal organisation reform to a more Model (or infobox) oriented process
- Request for comment on VCards for Wikivoyage
- Requests for bot approval has many requests that need further discussion!
- Many property proposals still need input!
- Wikimania continues! If you are around make sure you come and say Hi!
- Wikidata meetup in the chapters village on Saturday at 1 PM at Wikimania.
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Following numerous discussions we are happy to present the new version of the proposal that would lead to Wikidata supporting structured data for the Wiktionaries.
- There are now only an estimated 1,000,000 articles remaining with inter language links, down from the previous 26,000,000!
Did you know?
- Newest properties: LAU (local administrative unit), Sikart (identifier in SIKART), symptoms (the possible symptoms of a medical condition)
- Frequently used for cities and other places, P17 ("country") indicates the sovereign state an item relates to. There now at least 100 items for most present day sovereign states. Leading is China (Q148) with 607,817 items, followed by Iran (Q794) with 105,875 items and the United States of America (Q30) with 99,243 items. China rose from just 5266 items a month ago.
- Changeops implemented for all Api modules
- All Api modules now have better auto comments and custom summaries
- Work on claim ordering started
- Work on refactoring Api Tests
- Bug Fixes!!
See current sprint items for what we’re working on next.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
Open Tasks for You
- Update, expand and translate one of the help pages to make it easier for newcomers.
- Help fix formatting and value issues for a property.
- Respond to a "Request for Comment".
- Hack on one of these.
Anything to add? Please share! :)