Wikidata/Status updates/2013 08 23
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2013-08-23.
- Discussion started about improving the RfC process
- Wikidata:Requests for comment/References and sources has been closed
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Average edits per page is nearly 5 now.
- Wikivoyage is still scheduled to get access to data on Wikidata (aka phase 2) on August 26.
- Developers are working hard to also make the URL datatype available by August 26 but there are factors that are not in their hands so it might have to be delayed until the next deployment in 2 weeks. URL as a datatype will soon be available on test.wikidata.org. Please give it some thorough testing and report bugs.
- Outsch! (Help collect and fix paper cuts.)
Did you know?
- 20 undescribed monsters
- Newest properties: separated from (P807), code Bien de Interés Cultural (P808), WPDA id (P809), academic minor (P811), academic major (P812), date retrieved (P813), IUCN protected areas category (P814), ITIS TSN (P815), decays to (P816), decay mode (P817)
- Prepared deployment of phase 2 on Wikivoyage
- Worked on ability to sort qualifiers and references inside a statement
- Started work on an api module to merge items
- Worked on special page to query for items with one specific property and value
- Cleaned up code for handling recent change entries from Wikidata in the clients (Wikipedia/Wikivoyage)
- Worked on generic script for populating sites table and better integration with WMF process for creating new wikis
- Setup new git repo for WikibaseMobile skin and extension
- Fixed SetClaim api module to properly mark bot edits in recent changes and advised pywikipedia maintainers about adding support for the module. SetClaim can be used to create claims with references in a single edit.
- Reviewed code for Google Summer of Code students
- Updated doxygen documentation
See this list for what is being worked on next.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
Open Tasks for You
- Report a paper cut (see above).
- Help fix formatting and value issues for a property.
- Hack on one of these.
Anything to add? Please share! :)