Wikimédia France — Association pour le libre partage de la connaissance is a Wikimedia chapter. The association was founded on October 23th 2004 in Paris and recognized by the Wikimedia Foundation as a chapter. The website, mostly in French, can be found at www.wikimedia.fr and our blog at http://blog.wikimedia.fr. You can find the statutes and by-laws on the above-mentionned website in French. Early 2013, we had 470 members. If you want to become a member read the page on our website. See also our english language reports.
- Content: make contact and partnerships with organizations that may provide contents for Wikimedia projects
- Helping create free content: books digitization, logistic and financial help to take pictures in museums, political and cultural events...
- Outreach: promotes Wikimedia projects during fairs, conferences, exhibitions, towards journalists...
- Lobbying: free licenses, collaborative writing and non-commercial Internet
- Communication: answering the press, taking part in various events, press release...
- Exemples of Wikimédia France projects
- First French-speaking colloquium on Wikipedia, October 21 2007
- Pictures taken thanks to Wikimédia France's logistical or financial support
- (Français) Proposal to reform the status of public works in France during the Assises du Numérique June 4 2008
- Digitization of a hundred thesis from the veterinary school of Toulouse September 2008
- Press accreditations, report late 2008
- Organisation and financing of Multimedia:Meeting in Paris in November 2009
- Publication of the agenda 2010
- Organisation of the event "Rencontres du numérique culturel et collaboratif" on December 3 and 4 2010 at 101 rue de l’Université (Paris)
Financial and Activity Reports
- Wikimédia France/Rapport d'activité 2007 (in French)
- Wikimédia France/Rapport d'activité 2008 (in French)
See also Chapter reports#Wikimedia France
Wikimédia France relies on individual donations to achieve its goals. Consider making a donation at dons.wikimedia.fr. You can also help us by putting banners on your website (see Fundraising/web_buttons/fr).
- Jean-Frédéric Berthelot,
- Guillaume Goursat, treasurer
- Christophe Henner, vice-president
- Pierre-Selim Huard,
- Rémi Mathis, president
- Pierre-Yves Mevel,
- Benjamin Smith, secretary
- Émeric Vallespi. vice-treasurer
- Adrienne Alix (Serein), Director of Programs
- Sylvain Boissel (Ash Crow), Community Outreach and Technology
- Carol Ann O'Hare (CarolAnnO), Head of Research and Education
- Sébastien Baijard (Sbaijard), Head of Fundraising
- Nadia Ayachi, Administrative secretary
- Élisabeth Coye (free-lance since 2009)