From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
- Official wiki: wikimania2007.wikimedia.org
- Location: Chien Tan Oversea Youth Activity Center, a youth hostel with integrated conference rooms and accommodation
- Attendance: 440
- Conference languages: English, Chinese
- Cost to attend:
- Accommodation: on-site at CTOYAC (889 beds), some housed in hotels
- Keynote speakers: Joi Ito and welcome speeches by Florence Nibart-Devouard (Anthere) and Jimmy Wales (Jimbo).
- Program information: Schedule
- Link to CfP: Call for participation
- Link to program proceedings:
- Session videos:
- Pre- and post- conferences: hacking days, citizen journalism days, WMF Board and Advisory Board retreat
- WMF organizational meetings, special meetings: WMF Board panel, open to all conference attendees
- Program software used:
- Program review process used:
- Themes: (3 themes) Wikimedia Communities; Free Content; Technical infrastructure.
- Types of submissions: presentations, posters, workshops, panels, Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF), artistic artifacts.
- Parallel sessions: 6
- Program committee: Tzu-Chiang Liou (Academia Sinica), coordination for program committee; Andrew Lih; Angela Beesley (Wikia, Inc. / Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.); Erik Moeller ; Jakob Voss; James D. Forrester ; Phoebe Ayers; Samuel Klein; Mel Chua.
- Link to photos: Wikimania 2007 on Wikimedia Commons
- Number of journalists attending:
- Media stories:
- Lead organizers (note!please add to and/or correct if necessary): , Theodoranian, general coordination for Taipei team; KJ, (local general organizers); Delphine
- Planning wiki: mostly on teamwiki, some on the '07 wiki, lots of info in private documents
- Program/registration software used:
- Planning mailing list:
- Bid page:: Taipei (Wikimania 2007/Bids)
Budget and funding:
- Total budget:
- Scholarship budget:
- Total scholarships awarded:
- Link to budget breakdown:
- Funds from the WMF:
- Sponsors: Patron: Chunghwa Telecom. Benefactors: National Science Council, udn.co & United Daily News Group, Epson, Answers.com, wikiHow. Friends: wikia, Peopo, Google, Open Society Institute, fon, Government Information Office Republic of China. Supporters: Galaxy Software Service, Digital Garage, yam, Business Weekly, 3D-JP, Fudia, National Digital Archive Program, Dot Asia, Afilias, Ministry of Education, Socialtext. Contributors: AIESEC TAIWAN, Cottingham & Co. Ltd, Sunlight Foundation, National Youth Commission, Frontier Foundation, Accton, Geng-Feng Elementary School, NTU CSIE. Media Sponsors: PTT, MaWa, Clavis, ChinaTimes, Yahoo, American Institute in Taiwan, udnDigital, Intelligent Time. Local Co-sponsor: ADCT. Local Co-organizer: Institute of Information Science - Academia Sinica. List of the sponsors.
- Postmortem page:
- Suggestions page: http://wikimania2007.wikimedia.org/wiki/Comments
- Budget reports:
- Other reports:
- "In Taipei, Wikipedians Talk Wiki Fatigue, Wikiwars and Wiki Bucks". New York Times. Noam Cohen, Saul Hansell (ed). August 3, 2007.