Other languages: Română
|Wikimania 2005 archive
|Call for papers|
|Website & Promotion|
The meetup city will be chosen amongst Dublin, Frankfurt and Rotterdam. Please add concrete information about the rental costs for conference facilities, dates that they can be booked, availability of network connections etc. on the following pages:
The final city will be chosen at the end of October.
We haven't decided how many participants to plan for exactly, but conference locations should have one hall for at least 200 people (or more) + several smaller workshop rooms.
In terms of the meeting date, four days around the weekend might be best, from Thursday through Sunday, somewhere in the range from July to September (please add exact dates when conference facilities can be booked).
- How many active Wikipedians are there in your city or region?
- List all of the local Wikipedians who have expressed an interest in helping to organize the event?
- List at least three local organizations or groups that have expressed an interest in sponsoring this event?
- Which places can you propose for a four-day conference, friday to monday (or wednesday to saturdsay), with one big hall for at least 300 people and several smaller rooms?
- Can we rent it the whole time (even at night)?
- How much would the rent be?
- How is the internet connectivity there? Is there are a network? Would we have to set it up on our own? Do you have experienced local helpers able to set up a wifi and cable network?
- If we choose this place, list cheap places to stay near the conference location
- Is there are place like a gym nearby which can be rented as a cheap place to sleep?
- What local academics, talent, and projects do you plan to enlist to address the participants?
- List at least one problem you foresee with hosting the get-together and describe how you plan to overcome it.