Wikimania:Meetings/22 March 2005
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
A largely-offline meeting of the programme committee was held in Berlin on Tuesday 22 March.
- The Wikimania website is launching at the end of March. We need to aim to get the public information about the programme on there before then.
- Meta, not the Wikimania wiki, should be used for translations.
- Erik will update the speakers list with the results of today's meeting.
- We could ask the global voices people for speaker suggestions.
- Should LiveJournal be invited? Find out if this would be useful for the developers.
- Speakers focusing on projects other than Wikipedia need to be included:
- Wemedia project? Has this finished?
- Invites to speakers should be sent through OTRS using the cfp address. See the standard letter
- Angela to advertise the cfp to the mailing lists (incl translation-l, de, eo, es, fr, ja , nl), with links to Translation requests/Wikimania
- Programme to be updated into three columns
- Speakers to be invited – see Erik's list for who is inviting whom.
- Programme: Is there social space outside of the three rooms for use if talks are happening in all 3?
- Programme to include a press conference on Friday at 12.
- Add to the template that we don't know about travel costs – Jimbo to sort out sponsorship first.