Wikimedia Canada/Meetings/2008-03-05/Logs

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

All times are UTC -6.

[2008-03-05 18:53:25] <cary> Someone should create a Wikimedia Canada group on facebook
[2008-03-05 18:53:27] <cary> just a thought
[2008-03-05 18:53:29] * cary hides
[2008-03-05 18:53:43] =-= Mitchell has changed the topic to ``Welcome to the Wikimedia Canada (WMC) IRC channel! | http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMC | Steering Committee members are voiced. | The next meeting is starting in this channel for a few minutes for anyone interested in the formation of WMC. For more information or to RSVP, please see http://tinyurl.com/yonojc .''
[2008-03-05 18:53:49] |<-- Ktsquare has left irc.freenode.net (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
[2008-03-05 18:54:17] <Arctic> I'm with cary on the facebook thing.
[2008-03-05 18:54:25] |<-- Arctic has left irc.freenode.net (Client Quit)
[2008-03-05 18:54:31] * Mitchell agrees
[2008-03-05 18:54:39] -->| Arctic (n=chatzill@d193-45-183.home3.cgocable.net) has joined #wikimedia-ca
[2008-03-05 18:55:20] <Ayelie> Indeed, brilliant idea
[2008-03-05 18:55:36] * Ayelie wonders if she should take over that as part of webmastering duties? :D
[2008-03-05 18:55:56] * Mitchell bows down to mighty webmaster ;)
[2008-03-05 18:55:59] <Ayelie> Mitchell are you and I friends on facebook?
[2008-03-05 18:56:10] <Mitchell> nope
[2008-03-05 18:56:15] <Ayelie> I can't remember, I'm always getting wiki people attacking me and can't recall who is who with usernames and such
[2008-03-05 18:56:25] <cary> Ayelie: we are friends
[2008-03-05 18:56:51] <Ayelie> cary: yes I know you and I are, you were the 2nd person who added me :P
[2008-03-05 18:57:07] <Ayelie> Mitchell: search "Ayelie Ayelie" and you'll find me ;)
[2008-03-05 18:57:38] * kibble thinks he's Ayelie 's friend
[2008-03-05 18:57:49] <Ayelie> kibble yes you are :)
[2008-03-05 18:57:55] <kibble> :-D \o/
[2008-03-05 18:58:48] <cary> Oh, i haven't passed out any green patches lately
[2008-03-05 18:59:00] * Mitchell wonders where HOTR, Alan, and Andrew L are
[2008-03-05 18:59:08] <Ayelie> Non-profit organizations or volunteer organizations, do you think?
[2008-03-05 18:59:15] * Ayelie is trying to figure out which category we'd fit in
[2008-03-05 18:59:37] -->| Alan_Ca (n=fastalan@d141-76-157.home.cgocable.net) has joined #wikimedia-ca
[2008-03-05 18:59:40] <Mitchell> Alan!! :)
[2008-03-05 18:59:43] <kibble> speak of the devil
[2008-03-05 18:59:45] <kibble> it's alan
[2008-03-05 18:59:46] <Arctic> Wikipedians would be volunteer, but this would be non-profit
[2008-03-05 19:00:07] <Alan_Ca> Hi Everyone
[2008-03-05 19:00:12] <Ayelie> Arctic: yes I think that's probably best
[2008-03-05 19:00:27] * kibble pokes Alan_Ca to /msg nickserv identify PASSWORD
[2008-03-05 19:00:33] =-= Arctic is now known as Arctic_Gnome
[2008-03-05 19:00:35] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +v Alan_Ca  by ChanServ
[2008-03-05 19:00:44] <kibble> or we can just have mitchell do that
[2008-03-05 19:00:48] <Alan_Ca> My computer is lagging at the moment
[2008-03-05 19:01:23] <Alan_Ca> ok
[2008-03-05 19:01:32] <Alan_Ca> I have an idea about how we can meet
[2008-03-05 19:01:35] <Alan_Ca> Have any of you heard of teamspeak?
[2008-03-05 19:02:03] <Mitchell> I think I might have
[2008-03-05 19:02:14] <Mitchell> Is it that voice thing that computer gamers use?
[2008-03-05 19:02:17] <Alan_Ca> yes
[2008-03-05 19:02:27] <Alan_Ca> A friend has a server and said we could use it
[2008-03-05 19:02:34] <Alan_Ca> The client is downloadable from here: http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads
[2008-03-05 19:02:54] <Ayelie> What about skype?
[2008-03-05 19:03:11] * kibble seconds Ayelie
[2008-03-05 19:03:17] <Arctic_Gnome> You think your computer will lag less with voice than with text?
[2008-03-05 19:03:19] * Az1568 thirds
[2008-03-05 19:03:26] <Alan_Ca> I have never used skype
[2008-03-05 19:03:26] * Mitchell hasn't used either but has heard of both
[2008-03-05 19:03:32] <Alan_Ca> It conferences well?
[2008-03-05 19:03:36] <Ayelie> Skype's quality is very good
[2008-03-05 19:03:42] <Az1568> yep :)
[2008-03-05 19:03:43] <Ayelie> and conferences are good too
[2008-03-05 19:03:58] <Mitchell> I heard Skype is amazing for quality
[2008-03-05 19:04:09] <Ayelie> Mitchell: sounds like talking on the telephone with people
[2008-03-05 19:04:17] * Mitchell gasps
[2008-03-05 19:04:20] <Mitchell> wow
[2008-03-05 19:04:21] <kibble> heh
[2008-03-05 19:04:22] <Ayelie> I use it to talk to friends in Australia and in Hawaii, it's great :D
[2008-03-05 19:04:32] <Az1568> :D
[2008-03-05 19:04:37] <Alan_Ca> Skype says it is capped at 9 max
[2008-03-05 19:04:47] <Mitchell> 9 people
[2008-03-05 19:04:48] <Mitchell> ?
[2008-03-05 19:04:50] <Alan_Ca> yes
[2008-03-05 19:04:56] <Ayelie> Mitchell: it's better than that crappy crackly stuff some programs try to push over on you :P
[2008-03-05 19:05:06] <Alan_Ca> Well teamspeak is clear
[2008-03-05 19:05:10] <Alan_Ca> and I have never seen it hit a limit
[2008-03-05 19:05:40] * kibble wonders if this replaces IRC or in addition to
[2008-03-05 19:05:49] <kibble> i.e. some meeting on irc, some in person, some orally
[2008-03-05 19:05:50] <Alan_Ca> It's something to try
[2008-03-05 19:06:07] <Mitchell> Indeed
[2008-03-05 19:06:17] <Arctic_Gnome> How would we keep a log of the meeting if we used voice?
[2008-03-05 19:06:32] <kibble> O_O
[2008-03-05 19:06:34] <kibble> good point
[2008-03-05 19:06:36] <Mitchell> We couldn't really, but I could summarize it.
[2008-03-05 19:06:42] <Alan_Ca> They can be recorded
[2008-03-05 19:06:43] <Ayelie> Arctic_Gnome: someone would have to either record it or keep minutes
[2008-03-05 19:06:51] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca: skype also allows text input
[2008-03-05 19:06:53] <Alan_Ca> But I would like to talk with people
[2008-03-05 19:06:56] <Ayelie> for those who dont' have a microphone
[2008-03-05 19:07:06] <Ayelie> plus it's useful for including links
[2008-03-05 19:07:11] <Alan_Ca> we have done some setup here on irc, but it would be nice to say hello
[2008-03-05 19:07:21] <Arctic_Gnome> I assume someone here is good enough at typing to keep minutes while talking.
[2008-03-05 19:07:31] <Mitchell> Yep
[2008-03-05 19:08:17] <Alan_Ca> So
[2008-03-05 19:08:30] <Alan_Ca> how many people are going to join us for a talk?
[2008-03-05 19:08:41] <Ayelie> right now?
[2008-03-05 19:08:43] <Mitchell> On a later date?
[2008-03-05 19:08:46] <Ayelie> or at some point in the future?
[2008-03-05 19:09:01] <Alan_Ca> Tonight
[2008-03-05 19:09:05] <Ayelie> um.
[2008-03-05 19:09:15] <Alan_Ca> I'd like to get it set up
[2008-03-05 19:09:18] <Mitchell> I don't have Skype or TeamSpeak at the moment.
[2008-03-05 19:09:24] <Ayelie> I'd have to set up my headset and figure out how teamspeak works...
[2008-03-05 19:09:30] <Alan_Ca> Ok
[2008-03-05 19:09:34] <Mitchell> Would we be able to do it next Wednesday?
[2008-03-05 19:09:37] <Alan_Ca> Could we give it a 10 minute effort?
[2008-03-05 19:09:44] <Alan_Ca> The agenda is really short tonight
[2008-03-05 19:09:51] <Alan_Ca> and my biggest concern at this point is uniting the team
[2008-03-05 19:09:56] <kibble> can we try it at the end?
[2008-03-05 19:10:01] <Alan_Ca> I think establishing a voice comm would be a good step
[2008-03-05 19:10:05] <Alan_Ca> Sure we can do it at the end
[2008-03-05 19:10:22] <Alan_Ca> But before we move on with the meeting, I'm curious how many people other than the steer comm members are interested?
[2008-03-05 19:10:30] <Mitchell> me possibly
[2008-03-05 19:10:47] <Mitchell> I just checked, and it looks like I have TeamSPeak on my computer already.
[2008-03-05 19:10:49] <Alan_Ca> anyone who is interested start downloading the client: http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads
[2008-03-05 19:10:50] * Mitchell gasps
[2008-03-05 19:10:51] <Arctic_Gnome> Whenever I have Wednesdays free.
[2008-03-05 19:10:54] <Ayelie> I'll be right back, 2mins but yes I'm interested
[2008-03-05 19:10:56] <yanstheman> i'm not that interested in downloading a program right now.... i don't even have a microphone
[2008-03-05 19:11:04] <Alan_Ca> ok yans...
[2008-03-05 19:11:04] <Mitchell> I don't have a mic working right now
[2008-03-05 19:11:10] <Alan_Ca> shoot
[2008-03-05 19:11:16] <Alan_Ca> I know it's a bit surprise here I am
[2008-03-05 19:11:24] |<-- cary has left irc.freenode.net ()
[2008-03-05 19:11:28] <Alan_Ca> but ... I have been thinking about this a lot
[2008-03-05 19:11:39] <Mitchell> I can get a mic working in the next few days.
[2008-03-05 19:11:46] <Alan_Ca> ok Mitchell
[2008-03-05 19:11:52] <Alan_Ca> maybe I will just meet ayelie there
[2008-03-05 19:11:59] <Arctic_Gnome> I would vote for Skype over teamspeak, but either works.
[2008-03-05 19:12:10] <Alan_Ca> We may try both
[2008-03-05 19:12:16] <Ayelie> alright I'm back and headset is set up
[2008-03-05 19:12:19] <Alan_Ca> As skype has the limit
[2008-03-05 19:12:24] <Alan_Ca> I'd like to do teamspeak first
[2008-03-05 19:12:25] <Ayelie> but I'm not on skype or teamspeak right now
[2008-03-05 19:12:29] <Alan_Ca> that's ok
[2008-03-05 19:12:33] <Alan_Ca> the url is: http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads
[2008-03-05 19:12:38] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca is it just you and me? because if it is we  might as well wait for another night
[2008-03-05 19:12:41] <Alan_Ca> anyone who is interested start the download
[2008-03-05 19:12:44] <Mitchell> I can listen for now
[2008-03-05 19:12:50] <Alan_Ca> I'd like to meet you anyway ayelie
[2008-03-05 19:12:53] <Alan_Ca> so it's nothing wasted
[2008-03-05 19:12:55] <Mitchell> What is the server info, etc.?
[2008-03-05 19:13:30] <Alan_Ca> 68azts.acorndata.ca, port 8803
[2008-03-05 19:13:47] <Mitchell> I'll try...
[2008-03-05 19:13:53] <Mitchell> 1 sec
[2008-03-05 19:14:12] <Mitchell> My comp may crash
[2008-03-05 19:15:43] <Alan_Ca> ok
[2008-03-05 19:15:54] <Alan_Ca> So anyone interested, please download the client the background
[2008-03-05 19:15:58] <Alan_Ca> And we can move on with our agenda
[2008-03-05 19:16:31] <Mitchell> [19:16:21] No reply from server
[2008-03-05 19:16:31] <Mitchell> Maybe the server is offline
[2008-03-05 19:16:31] <Mitchell> or maybe teamspeak is not running on it
[2008-03-05 19:16:43] <Mitchell> I tried twice
[2008-03-05 19:16:50] <Mitchell> That was the error
[2008-03-05 19:16:50] <Alan_Ca> 209.246.143.202:8803
[2008-03-05 19:16:53] <Alan_Ca> try that
[2008-03-05 19:16:55] * Mitchell will try
[2008-03-05 19:17:46] <Alan_Ca> ok Mitchell made it on to team speak ayelie
[2008-03-05 19:17:54] <Mitchell> :)
[2008-03-05 19:17:57] <Mitchell> no mic though
[2008-03-05 19:18:06] <Ayelie> I can't figure out how the heck it works :D
[2008-03-05 19:18:35] <Alan_Ca> Did you download it?
[2008-03-05 19:18:39] <Ayelie> I got an error, said name/password wrong? 
[2008-03-05 19:18:41] <Ayelie> yes
[2008-03-05 19:18:50] <Alan_Ca> Don't use registered
[2008-03-05 19:18:52] <Alan_Ca> use unregistered
[2008-03-05 19:19:01] <Mitchell> Hi Ayelie!
[2008-03-05 19:19:09] <Mitchell> I have no mic though :(
[2008-03-05 19:19:17] <Mitchell> Hi Arctic
[2008-03-05 19:20:28] <Mitchell> Does Teamspeak allow typing?
[2008-03-05 19:20:32] <Alan_Ca> So the first item on the agenda is the page organization
[2008-03-05 19:20:33] <Ayelie> Did I ever mention I hate voice? :D
[2008-03-05 19:20:45] * Ayelie has phonophobia no joke D8
[2008-03-05 19:21:17] <Ayelie> Alright, page organization
[2008-03-05 19:21:24] <Ayelie> I'm typing because it's easier to think on one level :P
[2008-03-05 19:21:27] <Alan_Ca> (waiting on Ayelie's presentation)
[2008-03-05 19:21:28] -->| Ktsquare (n=chatzill@CPE000f3d3c5e9b-CM0012c99f0b84.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) has joined #wikimedia-ca
[2008-03-05 19:21:34] <Ayelie> Original page is here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Canada
[2008-03-05 19:21:41] <Ayelie> it's sort of confusing, a lot of extra info
[2008-03-05 19:22:02] <Ayelie> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Greeves/WMC <-- there was a test layout done there
[2008-03-05 19:22:05] <Ktsquare> Is the meeting ongoing?
[2008-03-05 19:22:14] <Alan_Ca> Yes Ktsquare
[2008-03-05 19:22:16] <Ayelie> which was great, I used elements of that for a simple layout design
[2008-03-05 19:22:34] <Ayelie> my initial plain boring empty draft is here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Canada/Draft
[2008-03-05 19:22:43] <Ayelie> Please click "edit" and view the code
[2008-03-05 19:22:54] <Mitchell> Note: You can now use [[Wikilinks]]
[2008-03-05 19:22:55] <Wikilinker> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikilinks
[2008-03-05 19:23:15] <Ayelie> There will be more elements added, tonight I want to get ideas from people on what to include on the front page that isn't there already :)
[2008-03-05 19:23:42] <Ktsquare> teamspeak?
[2008-03-05 19:24:03] <Mitchell> Yes
[2008-03-05 19:24:14] <Mitchell> Ktsquare: 209.246.143.202:8803
[2008-03-05 19:24:26] <Ktsquare> eh?
[2008-03-05 19:24:44] <Mitchell> We're trying it out tonight
[2008-03-05 19:25:29] <Ktsquare> You meant this: http://www.teamspeak.com/
[2008-03-05 19:25:49] <Mitchell> Yes
[2008-03-05 19:27:46] === #wikimedia-ca: Ktsquare +Alan_Ca Arctic_Gnome Iradigalesc +Ayelie yanstheman kibble Warpath Az1568 idealites Wikilinker @ChanServ +Mitchell 
[2008-03-05 19:27:46] --- #wikimedia-ca: End of /NAMES list.
[2008-03-05 19:27:59] <Mitchell> Ktsquare +Alan_Ca Arctic_Gnome Iradigalesc +Ayelie yanstheman kibble Warpath Az1568 idealites Wikilinker @ChanServ +Mitchell 
[2008-03-05 19:28:03] <Mitchell> The meeting has started
[2008-03-05 19:28:06] <Mitchell> FYI
[2008-03-05 19:28:10] <Mitchell> It's in Teamspeak
[2008-03-05 19:28:21] <yanstheman> so it's only going to be in teamspeak?
[2008-03-05 19:28:25] <--| Iradigalesc has left #wikimedia-ca ("Time makes no sense")
[2008-03-05 19:28:29] <Mitchell> I'm not sure
[2008-03-05 19:28:40] <Mitchell> I hope not: my mic isn't working.
[2008-03-05 19:28:40] <yanstheman> if so, i'm going to take off... just wanted to know...
[2008-03-05 19:28:47] <Ktsquare> I am installing it. BTW please don't expose my personal info. thanx
[2008-03-05 19:29:28] -->| Predator (i=VRS@wikimedia/Cometstyles) has joined #wikimedia-ca
[2008-03-05 19:29:29] <yanstheman> I take it from the silence that the meeting is going on now in TeamSpeak.....
[2008-03-05 19:30:02] <Mitchell> Hold on
[2008-03-05 19:30:07] <Arctic_Gnome> They're debating the layout of a draft page.
[2008-03-05 19:30:09] <Mitchell> I think we're coming back
[2008-03-05 19:30:14] <Ayelie> Back
[2008-03-05 19:30:32] |<-- Warpath has left irc.freenode.net (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
[2008-03-05 19:30:37] <Mitchell> Is there a way of sending text to the teamspeak channel>
[2008-03-05 19:30:39] <Mitchell> *?
[2008-03-05 19:31:02] <Ktsquare> Is there a way of sending text to the teamspeak?
[2008-03-05 19:31:06] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca it's confusing as hell :P
[2008-03-05 19:31:08] <Alan_Ca> Yes, but let's talk here
[2008-03-05 19:31:14] <Alan_Ca> type here
[2008-03-05 19:31:15] <Mitchell> Lets
[2008-03-05 19:31:18] <Ayelie> I have my mic muted so I don't talk by accident :P
[2008-03-05 19:31:53] <Alan_Ca> So we talked on teamspeak
[2008-03-05 19:32:18] <Alan_Ca> Ayelie has taken my feedback on her design
[2008-03-05 19:32:23] <Alan_Ca> Does anyone else have any comments
[2008-03-05 19:32:50] <Ayelie> everyone: draft is here, just for clarity: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Canada/Draft
[2008-03-05 19:33:22] <Mitchell> Looks good
[2008-03-05 19:33:39] <kibble> Mitchell: is it too late to add something to the agenda?
[2008-03-05 19:33:51] <Mitchell> not really, as long as its apter page org
[2008-03-05 19:33:55] <Mitchell> *after
[2008-03-05 19:33:57] <kibble> yep
[2008-03-05 19:34:36] <Ktsquare> who is speaking at this moment at teamspeak?
[2008-03-05 19:34:45] <Mitchell> I am hearing on TS
[2008-03-05 19:34:49] <Mitchell> not speaking
[2008-03-05 19:34:50] <Ayelie> Ktsquare: me and Alan were speaking
[2008-03-05 19:34:57] <Ktsquare> I heard a lady and a male voice
[2008-03-05 19:34:59] <Ktsquare> ok
[2008-03-05 19:35:32] <Ktsquare> ok, Thanx for the explanation
[2008-03-05 19:35:39] <Ayelie> Ktsquare: no prob :)
[2008-03-05 19:35:41] <Alan_Ca> Kibble, msg me with your agenda item
[2008-03-05 19:35:49] <Mitchell> He added it
[2008-03-05 19:35:52] <Ayelie> everyone: please list ideas for anything you think should be on the main page
[2008-03-05 19:35:56] <Ktsquare> I am not too picky with the choice of words... LOL
[2008-03-05 19:36:02] <Mitchell> !tinyurl http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikimedia_Canada/Meetings/2008-03-05&diff=904601&oldid=904577&rcid=935710
[2008-03-05 19:36:04] <Wikilinker> Mitchell: http://tinyurl.com/373xvb
[2008-03-05 19:36:23] <yanstheman> a "What's new/current" section would be useful.
[2008-03-05 19:36:43] <yanstheman> i don't know if the red box at the top is just for now or not... but something prominent and easy to find
[2008-03-05 19:36:46] <Mitchell> I'll guess Wikimanua 2009
[2008-03-05 19:36:50] <Mitchell> To thopse on TS
[2008-03-05 19:36:51] <Ayelie> yanstheman: on the news section
[2008-03-05 19:36:52] <Mitchell> *those
[2008-03-05 19:37:00] <Ayelie> if you click "Edit" you'll see there's a section for that
[2008-03-05 19:37:10] <Ayelie> if you input text into the |news= section a header will pop up
[2008-03-05 19:37:19] <Ayelie> if there is no text there is no "news" section
[2008-03-05 19:37:34] <yanstheman> oh, okay, didn't realize there were parts not showing....
[2008-03-05 19:37:51] <Ayelie> yanstheman: it's all part of keeping it concise and easy to update :D
[2008-03-05 19:38:34] <yanstheman> Ayelie: that's fine
[2008-03-05 19:40:07] <Mitchell> yes Alan
[2008-03-05 19:40:45] <Ktsquare> I seems not able to speak via my mic
[2008-03-05 19:41:00] <Ayelie> Ktsquare :( is it hooked up properly to the computer? :/
[2008-03-05 19:41:14] <Mitchell> Alan: I can mention it.
[2008-03-05 19:41:26] <Mitchell> Ayelie: Alright.
[2008-03-05 19:41:27] * kibble buys Mitchell a microphone
[2008-03-05 19:41:30] <Mitchell> lol
[2008-03-05 19:41:33] <Ayelie> Mitchell: :)
[2008-03-05 19:42:08] <Alan_Ca> We're now moving on to the logo discussion
[2008-03-05 19:42:12] <Mitchell> in IRC
[2008-03-05 19:42:16] <Ayelie> here! yes
[2008-03-05 19:42:17] <Alan_Ca> Ayelie, you had some thoughts on the logo?
[2008-03-05 19:42:30] <Ayelie> I don't have any that are different from last week's, no
[2008-03-05 19:42:51] * kibble accuses Az1568
[2008-03-05 19:43:05] <Az1568> not me :)
[2008-03-05 19:43:10] <kibble> not me either
[2008-03-05 19:43:22] <Alan_Ca> On the logo issue, do we need to revisit it tonight?
[2008-03-05 19:43:37] * kibble listens t Rhianna while he waits for Ayelie 's logo update
[2008-03-05 19:43:38] <Ayelie> As of last week we had decided we'd wait and see what news we get from the chapters committee on the logo
[2008-03-05 19:43:39] <Alan_Ca> IS there anyone who wants to discuss any aspect of it or can we leave it where it was as something for future thought?
[2008-03-05 19:43:47] <kibble> oh wait
[2008-03-05 19:43:49] <Ayelie> it was established that we weren't able to use the ideas I'd put forth
[2008-03-05 19:43:50] <kibble> I should fetch andrew
[2008-03-05 19:43:58] <Ayelie> because they were too close to the foundation logo...
[2008-03-05 19:44:08] -->| wknight8111 (n=nobody@wikibooks/Whiteknight) has joined #wikimedia-ca
[2008-03-05 19:44:08] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +v wknight8111  by ChanServ
[2008-03-05 19:44:10] <Ayelie> as for a secondary logo, we haven't decided whether we want to go with that or not
[2008-03-05 19:44:14] <kibble> :-D
[2008-03-05 19:44:20] <Mitchell> Andrew W!
[2008-03-05 19:44:22] <Mitchell> :)
[2008-03-05 19:44:34] <wknight8111> hello!
[2008-03-05 19:44:42] <wknight8111> sorry, my head hasn't been screwed on correctly lately
[2008-03-05 19:45:01] <Alan_Ca> That's ok
[2008-03-05 19:45:05] <Alan_Ca> Do you have teamspeak?
[2008-03-05 19:45:10] <Alan_Ca> We're talking voice right now
[2008-03-05 19:45:10] * kibble re-screws wknight8111 's head
[2008-03-05 19:45:11] <Alan_Ca> In addition to irc
[2008-03-05 19:45:12] <kibble> wait
[2008-03-05 19:45:12] <wknight8111> teamspeak? no
[2008-03-05 19:45:14] <kibble> :'(
[2008-03-05 19:45:37] <Mitchell> Could we keep the discussion primarily on IRC (until next week)?
[2008-03-05 19:46:07] <kibble> wknight8111: it took me like two seconds to install, and it seems pretty cool http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
[2008-03-05 19:46:18] <wknight8111> I'll take a look at it
[2008-03-05 19:48:06] <wknight8111> my computer here doesnt have a microphone or speakers
[2008-03-05 19:48:14] <wknight8111> it's the stoneage at whiteknight's house
[2008-03-05 19:49:27] <kibble> :-)
[2008-03-05 19:49:29] * kibble wonders what he's missed
[2008-03-05 19:49:32] <Alan_Ca> sorry just a moment
[2008-03-05 19:49:33] <kibble> I had to answer the phone
[2008-03-05 19:49:54] <Alan_Ca> Wknight8111: Can we design our own official logo?
[2008-03-05 19:50:02] <Alan_Ca> Will that impede our approval as a Wikimedia Chapter?
[2008-03-05 19:50:34] <wknight8111> depends on the design. I would need to see what you are planning so I will know if it's appropriate
[2008-03-05 19:50:36] <Ktsquare> I can join your conversation on teamspeak though I hear the discussion
[2008-03-05 19:50:43] <Ktsquare> typo
[2008-03-05 19:50:51] <Ktsquare> I can't join
[2008-03-05 19:51:04] <Mitchell> Ayelie and Alan: I would prefer one logo for now.
[2008-03-05 19:51:22] <Mitchell> Alan: Indeed
[2008-03-05 19:51:34] <wknight8111> the logo issue won't preclude you from becoming a chapter
[2008-03-05 19:52:22] <wknight8111> the preference is that you use the official WMF logo, but that's not a strict requirement.
[2008-03-05 19:52:25] <Alan_Ca> Wknight, have you discussed this with Delphine?
[2008-03-05 19:52:38] <Ktsquare> in private?
[2008-03-05 19:52:48] <wknight8111> Briefly. Delphine has been mostly incommunicato
[2008-03-05 19:52:48] <Mitchell> I think she is on leave, Alan.
[2008-03-05 19:52:48] <kibble> yep, Ayelie 
[2008-03-05 19:52:57] <kibble> Mitchell: she's semi-on leave
[2008-03-05 19:53:07] <kibble> still popping-in when needed :-)
[2008-03-05 19:53:17] <kibble> but you're right, officially she' s on leave :-P
[2008-03-05 19:53:27] <Alan_Ca> Wknight, if we use the wikimedia approved logo, can we sell t-shirts, etc with it on it?
[2008-03-05 19:53:46] <Mitchell> Ayelie: I think other chapters have used the logo on tshirts.
[2008-03-05 19:54:05] * kibble thinks so too, Mitchell
[2008-03-05 19:54:18] <Ayelie> Mitchell: we can as long as we're not selling them :P
[2008-03-05 19:54:41] <Mitchell> I could've sworn another chapter was selling them.
[2008-03-05 19:54:53] * Mitchell can't remember which chapter
[2008-03-05 19:55:07] <kibble> Ayelie: I am pretty sure we can
[2008-03-05 19:55:19] <kibble> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Agreement_between_chapters_and_Wikimedia_Foundation -> the agreement
[2008-03-05 19:55:45] <kibble> O_O
[2008-03-05 19:55:48] * kibble was aha'ed at
[2008-03-05 19:55:52] <Mitchell> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Agreement_between_chapters_and_Wikimedia_Foundation Section 5
[2008-03-05 19:56:19] <Mitchell> 5.2. The Foundation hereby authorises the Chapter to utilise these additional marks free of any payment or royalties, solely for their own use in publicity, fundraising, media relations and management.
[2008-03-05 19:56:26] <wknight8111> I'm having a hard time finding specific information on that Alan. information is hard to come by
[2008-03-05 19:56:35] <wknight8111> and it doesnt help that some of the older policy documents appear to be contradictory
[2008-03-05 19:57:26] <kibble> Ayelie: that shouldn't be aproblem
[2008-03-05 19:57:31] <Mitchell> Ayelie: See http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Agreement_between_chapters_and_Wikimedia_Foundation Section 5
[2008-03-05 19:57:33] <kibble> and could probably be decided at a later date
[2008-03-05 19:57:37] <Mitchell> That's the agreement
[2008-03-05 19:57:37] <Ktsquare> 4.7. Commercial use of the Wikimedia name, logo, or localised logo shall be subject to the terms of a separate trademark agreement between the two parties.
[2008-03-05 19:57:54] <kibble> i.e. if you're their amigos, they'll probably be easier to get into an agreement with
[2008-03-05 19:58:14] <kibble> Alan_Ca: perhaps we should just use the main logo (bland one)
[2008-03-05 19:58:21] <kibble> when we're created and then we can do something else later if need be
[2008-03-05 19:59:31] <Mitchell> We could ask Pyb in #wikimedia-fr as he is Chair of WM France
[2008-03-05 19:59:44] <kibble> we could ask Pierre in #wikimedia ;-)
[2008-03-05 19:59:58] <kibble> we can even invite him in here! :-)
[2008-03-05 20:00:11] <Mitchell> Alan, Ayelie, your thoughts on invites?
[2008-03-05 20:00:19] <kibble> Ayelie: I'd think so
[2008-03-05 20:01:35] <kibble> hmm, sex toys
[2008-03-05 20:01:35] <Mitchell> Alan: LOL
[2008-03-05 20:01:43] <Az1568> lol
[2008-03-05 20:01:45] <Mitchell> Ayelie: Agreed
[2008-03-05 20:01:47] <Ayelie> XD
[2008-03-05 20:02:00] <Ktsquare> :)
[2008-03-05 20:02:20] <kibble> next agenda item is bylaws
[2008-03-05 20:02:22] <kibble> but we don't have HOTR
[2008-03-05 20:02:28] <Alan_Ca> Any objection to my statement on closing the logo issue?
[2008-03-05 20:02:34] <Ktsquare> HOTR?
[2008-03-05 20:02:36] <kibble> Alan_Ca: nope
[2008-03-05 20:02:39] <Ktsquare> I agree
[2008-03-05 20:02:56] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca: your keyboard is very loud :P
[2008-03-05 20:02:59] <Alan_Ca> Ok, Mitchell please make certain the summary page addresses the discussion
[2008-03-05 20:03:01] <kibble> heh
[2008-03-05 20:03:07] <Mitchell> Alan: Yep
[2008-03-05 20:03:46] <Ayelie> IRC please!
[2008-03-05 20:03:56] <Mitchell> Can we continue the discussion on IRC, Alan?
[2008-03-05 20:04:06] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca: indeed :P but let's keep it here now so everyone can join in
[2008-03-05 20:04:24] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca: I also have tea and cookies to eat and drink. no more talking
[2008-03-05 20:04:34] <kibble> Ktsquare: HOTR = Gerald maybe
[2008-03-05 20:04:36] <kibble> Ayelie: heh
[2008-03-05 20:04:37] <Ayelie> Gerald isn't here no
[2008-03-05 20:04:41] <Mitchell> kibble: yes
[2008-03-05 20:04:42] <Arctic_Gnome> You brought tea and cookies to the meeting?
[2008-03-05 20:04:49] <Ayelie> Arctic_Gnome I always do :D
[2008-03-05 20:04:54] <kibble> Gerald, maybe you'd know who that was*
[2008-03-05 20:04:55] * Ayelie offers oatmeal cookies to everyone
[2008-03-05 20:05:08] <Mitchell> Alan: yes?
[2008-03-05 20:05:22] <Mitchell> Alan: The meeting in general.
[2008-03-05 20:05:24] * kibble thinks it's everything, Alan_Ca
[2008-03-05 20:05:33] <Ayelie> yes let's continue here :)
[2008-03-05 20:05:44] <Ayelie> wknight isn't I don't think
[2008-03-05 20:05:47] <Mitchell> Only two people have mics right now.
[2008-03-05 20:05:57] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca: I have a horrid time keeping track of voice conversations
[2008-03-05 20:05:58] * kibble pokes Arctic_Gnome to use his fingers not his mouth
[2008-03-05 20:06:00] <kibble> :-P
[2008-03-05 20:06:04] <Ayelie> easier when you can refer back to text
[2008-03-05 20:06:05] <Arctic_Gnome> :P
[2008-03-05 20:06:10] <Mitchell> Is anyone NOT listening to Teamspeak?
[2008-03-05 20:06:20] <Ktsquare> I heard the discussion but I couldn't speak
[2008-03-05 20:06:23] <Mitchell> Alan: Exactly
[2008-03-05 20:06:27] <kibble> Mitchell: well, he cna't speak either
[2008-03-05 20:06:33] <kibble> er, Alan_Ca* ;-)
[2008-03-05 20:06:40] <Alan_Ca> Bylaws: Nothing to discuss as HOTR is not here
[2008-03-05 20:06:47] <Alan_Ca> Move that item to next week please mitchell
[2008-03-05 20:06:53] <kibble> Arctic_Gnome: a person
[2008-03-05 20:06:55] <Mitchell> Alan: yes
[2008-03-05 20:06:55] <kibble> yep, alan
[2008-03-05 20:07:45] <kibble> Alan_Ca: isn't it simple?
[2008-03-05 20:07:45] * Ayelie notes she can barely hear, cookies too loud *crunch crunch*
[2008-03-05 20:07:45] <kibble> "steer the chapter"? :-P
[2008-03-05 20:07:46] <Ktsquare> Why should we wait for HOTR regarding Bylaws?
[2008-03-05 20:07:59] <kibble> Ktsquare: he was assigned to it
[2008-03-05 20:08:18] <Mitchell> Alan: I was updating the SteerCom page and I was wondering what the role was.
[2008-03-05 20:08:21] <Mitchell> So I added it
[2008-03-05 20:08:58] <kibble> consortium O_O
[2008-03-05 20:09:02] <Mitchell> yes
[2008-03-05 20:09:03] <Ayelie> sounds right
[2008-03-05 20:09:07] <kibble> lol
[2008-03-05 20:09:11] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca: geek :P
[2008-03-05 20:09:16] <Az1568> heh
[2008-03-05 20:09:24] <kibble> Arctic_Gnome: yeah, we've drafted bylaws :-D
[2008-03-05 20:10:06] <kibble> yes, Alan_Ca 
[2008-03-05 20:10:21] <Mitchell> Alan: I think it is 3
[2008-03-05 20:10:42] <Mitchell> 3 over-18s
[2008-03-05 20:11:24] <kibble> Alan_Ca: well, our largest funds of money would be membership fees
[2008-03-05 20:11:26] <kibble> most likely
[2008-03-05 20:11:31] <Mitchell> Yea
[2008-03-05 20:11:31] <kibble> it will also be a steady flow
[2008-03-05 20:11:50] * kibble nods
[2008-03-05 20:12:08] <kibble> well, we can do things like what Ayelie said, seeling shirts!
[2008-03-05 20:12:13] <kibble> like WMIT sold buttons too
[2008-03-05 20:12:14] <Ktsquare> Sorely relying one membership fee to operate doesn't sound good.
[2008-03-05 20:12:17] <Ayelie> kibble selling or stealing? :P
[2008-03-05 20:12:27] <Ktsquare> lol
[2008-03-05 20:12:31] <kibble> Ayelie: lol
[2008-03-05 20:12:34] <kibble> selling
[2008-03-05 20:12:42] <Ayelie> I have ideas for kick-ass buttons ;)
[2008-03-05 20:12:45] <kibble> lol
[2008-03-05 20:12:51] <Ktsquare> Membership fee is more of operational fee?
[2008-03-05 20:13:22] <Ktsquare> good question, arctic gnome
[2008-03-05 20:13:52] <kibble> many, Arctic_Gnome 
[2008-03-05 20:14:00] <kibble> now if we have some in Canada...
[2008-03-05 20:14:08] <Ktsquare> Alan, so creditibilty is an issue
[2008-03-05 20:14:25] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca: they interfered with my cookies. >.>
[2008-03-05 20:14:32] <kibble> ;-)
[2008-03-05 20:15:33] <Ayelie> Hi Jeff :D
[2008-03-05 20:15:38] <Mitchell> Hi Jeff!
[2008-03-05 20:15:41] <Ktsquare> Hi Jeff
[2008-03-05 20:15:52] <kibble> oh, Ayelie and Alan_Ca  -> fundraising -> http://www.wikimedia.it/index.php/Gadget_%28en%29
[2008-03-05 20:15:55] <Mitchell> I thinkJeff's on the Mailing list
[2008-03-05 20:15:56] <Ayelie> I'm in Ottawa atm
[2008-03-05 20:15:57] <Ktsquare> awesome
[2008-03-05 20:16:02] <kibble> (WMIT... buttons are near the bottom ;-) )
[2008-03-05 20:16:13] <Arctic_Gnome> Hi all!
[2008-03-05 20:16:37] <Ktsquare> We shall have a round of self introduction.
[2008-03-05 20:16:53] <Ktsquare> at the beginning of the meeting
[2008-03-05 20:17:18] <Mitchell> Wednesday
[2008-03-05 20:17:32] <Ayelie> every two weeks is okay, gives more time to get stuff done
[2008-03-05 20:17:34] <Mitchell> Alan: I can go witherway.
[2008-03-05 20:17:35] <Ktsquare> I prefer not on Wednesday
[2008-03-05 20:17:37] <Ayelie> unless we have a lot to talk about
[2008-03-05 20:17:39] <Mitchell> *either way
[2008-03-05 20:17:44] <Ayelie> Ktsquare: what day is best for you?
[2008-03-05 20:17:47] <Ktsquare> every 2 weeks is ok
[2008-03-05 20:17:59] <Arctic_Gnome> 2 weeks should be about right
[2008-03-05 20:18:00] <Mitchell> Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays work okay for me
[2008-03-05 20:18:17] <Ktsquare> Mondays, Tuiesdays, and Thursdays work okay for me
[2008-03-05 20:18:19] <kibble> lol @ random sounds
[2008-03-05 20:18:49] <kibble> rotational? that might be confusing though
[2008-03-05 20:18:50] <Ktsquare> thanx ayelie
[2008-03-05 20:19:02] <Ktsquare> o...
[2008-03-05 20:19:06] <Ayelie> :/
[2008-03-05 20:19:15] <Ktsquare> :(
[2008-03-05 20:19:32] <Ktsquare> guest1 is me
[2008-03-05 20:19:33] * kibble doesn't think (s)he has a mic
[2008-03-05 20:19:38] <Ktsquare> real name?
[2008-03-05 20:19:41] <Mitchell> yes
[2008-03-05 20:19:42] <Ktsquare> Kevin
[2008-03-05 20:19:54] <Arctic_Gnome> Mondays are very bad for me, the rest I can manage though I would prefer not Wednesdays.
[2008-03-05 20:19:58] * kibble wonders if Alan_Ca has been drinking :-P
[2008-03-05 20:20:03] <Ktsquare> that's ok
[2008-03-05 20:20:07] <Mitchell> kibble :D
[2008-03-05 20:20:08] <Az1568> kibble: lol
[2008-03-05 20:20:10] <kibble> (jk Alan!)
[2008-03-05 20:20:36] <Ktsquare> schedule event
[2008-03-05 20:20:46] <Ktsquare> yes
[2008-03-05 20:21:01] <kibble> Ayelie: Stephanie?
[2008-03-05 20:21:05] * kibble doesn't remember though
[2008-03-05 20:21:06] <Mitchell> Ktsquare was nomed for SteerCom, IIRC
[2008-03-05 20:21:11] <Ayelie> kibble Stephane! guy! :P
[2008-03-05 20:21:15] <kibble> hehe
[2008-03-05 20:21:24] <kibble> Ayelie: :-P I wasn't sure how he spelled it
[2008-03-05 20:21:31] * kibble remembered he was male though
[2008-03-05 20:21:37] * kibble would rather we keep it to weekdays
[2008-03-05 20:21:44] <Ktsquare> I am contributing to a religious group
[2008-03-05 20:21:45] <Mitchell> kibble: yep
[2008-03-05 20:21:52] <Ktsquare> on wednesdays
[2008-03-05 20:22:06] <kibble> yep, alan
[2008-03-05 20:22:07] <Ayelie> kibble: stéphane
[2008-03-05 20:22:11] <Ktsquare> Ktsquare is Kevin, yes
[2008-03-05 20:22:12] <kibble> Ayelie: there we go!
[2008-03-05 20:22:15] <Arctic_Gnome> Well, first, he people who have been elected have to be here, so what days are truly impossible for them?
[2008-03-05 20:22:16] <Ayelie> pronounced stay-fan
[2008-03-05 20:22:31] <kibble> Ayelie: :-)
[2008-03-05 20:22:36] <Ktsquare> LOL
[2008-03-05 20:22:39] * kibble hugglges Ayelie
[2008-03-05 20:22:49] <Mitchell> Turedays, Fridays, and Saturdays don't work for me
[2008-03-05 20:22:53] * Ayelie hugs kibble
[2008-03-05 20:22:56] <kibble> :-D
[2008-03-05 20:23:01] <Mitchell> *Tuesdays
[2008-03-05 20:23:07] <Ktsquare> Mondays then?
[2008-03-05 20:23:19] <kibble> heh
[2008-03-05 20:23:21] <Mitchell> I cannot make Tuesdays
[2008-03-05 20:23:25] <kibble> monday = tire
[2008-03-05 20:23:27] <kibble> d
[2008-03-05 20:23:29] <Ktsquare> o
[2008-03-05 20:23:38] <Mitchell> Yep
[2008-03-05 20:23:49] <Mitchell> Can anybody not make Thurs?
[2008-03-05 20:23:51] <Ktsquare> Thurdays, ok
[2008-03-05 20:23:58] <Ayelie> Thursday is good for me
[2008-03-05 20:24:02] * kibble too
[2008-03-05 20:24:05] <Mitchell> We should CHeck with Gerald and Andrew
[2008-03-05 20:24:12] <kibble> and ohana = andrew
[2008-03-05 20:24:14] <Mitchell> And Andrew W
[2008-03-05 20:24:19] <kibble> (the leung one)
[2008-03-05 20:24:22] <Az1568> yep Thurdays are good :)
[2008-03-05 20:24:31] <kibble> Ayelie: heh
[2008-03-05 20:24:31] <wknight8111> i can make a thursday meeting. next thursday?
[2008-03-05 20:24:41] <kibble> wknight8111: we're thinking about moving meeting date
[2008-03-05 20:24:44] <kibble> wed -> thursday
[2008-03-05 20:24:48] <kibble> coudl make it on thurs?
[2008-03-05 20:24:50] <Ayelie> Arctic_Gnome: that sounded like "ntresting: :P
[2008-03-05 20:24:54] <wknight8111> got it. so that change happens next week?
[2008-03-05 20:25:08] <Mitchell> Gerald
[2008-03-05 20:25:09] <Alan_Ca> Just a moment
[2008-03-05 20:25:12] <Mitchell> And Andrew W
[2008-03-05 20:25:15] <Mitchell> aka Ohana
[2008-03-05 20:25:16] <Alan_Ca> We're only missing Andrew?
[2008-03-05 20:25:16] <kibble> OhanaUnited
[2008-03-05 20:25:18] <Ayelie> Ohana_United
[2008-03-05 20:25:18] <Arctic_Gnome> Just assume an apostrophe before everything I say.  I'm hip like that.
[2008-03-05 20:25:21] <Alan_Ca> ohh shoot
[2008-03-05 20:25:21] <Ayelie> yes those two
[2008-03-05 20:25:26] <kibble> Mitchell: OhanaUnited = Andrew Leung, right?
[2008-03-05 20:25:32] <Mitchell> yes
[2008-03-05 20:25:33] <Mitchell> oops
[2008-03-05 20:25:37] <kibble> :-P
[2008-03-05 20:25:38] <Mitchell> I accidentaly typed W
[2008-03-05 20:25:43] <kibble> :-)
[2008-03-05 20:25:50] <Mitchell> Andrew W is whiteknight
[2008-03-05 20:25:59] <kibble> yep
[2008-03-05 20:26:01] <Ktsquare> Well, we have 2 weeks to decide
[2008-03-05 20:26:07] <Mitchell> Sorry whiteknight
[2008-03-05 20:26:17] <Alan_Ca> Ok, we will make the next meeting for March 20th, Thursday
[2008-03-05 20:26:20] <Ayelie> we can try Thursdays, just email Ohana and see if he's okay with it
[2008-03-05 20:26:20] <Ktsquare> Post this suggestion on mailing list
[2008-03-05 20:26:24] <Mitchell> So, next week, is it thurs?
[2008-03-05 20:26:26] * Ayelie marks it down on her calendar
[2008-03-05 20:26:28] <Alan_Ca> No
[2008-03-05 20:26:28] <Ayelie> oh dear hiccups
[2008-03-05 20:26:31] * Ayelie turns off microphone
[2008-03-05 20:26:32] <Ktsquare> Thurdasy
[2008-03-05 20:26:34] <Alan_Ca> March 20th is two weeks from today
[2008-03-05 20:26:34] <kibble> Mitchell: 20th
[2008-03-05 20:26:37] <kibble> Ayelie: heh
[2008-03-05 20:26:41] <Alan_Ca> 15 days
[2008-03-05 20:26:48] <Ktsquare> ok
[2008-03-05 20:27:14] <Mitchell> Next week, is it Teamspeak?
[2008-03-05 20:27:22] <kibble> Mitchell: 2 weeks :-P
[2008-03-05 20:27:30] <Mitchell> That's what I meant ;)
[2008-03-05 20:27:52] <Ktsquare> Mitch, were you mentioning that I was nominated?
[2008-03-05 20:28:18] <Mitchell> I did a while ago, pointing out that you were here in one of the 1st meetings.
[2008-03-05 20:28:26] <Ktsquare> yes
[2008-03-05 20:28:57] <kibble> uh oh
[2008-03-05 20:29:02] <kibble> you're gonna unlease evil Ayelie 
[2008-03-05 20:29:06] <kibble> leash..
[2008-03-05 20:29:08] <Mitchell> Some thing WikiMMMMMedia is a typo
[2008-03-05 20:29:11] <Ayelie> >8{
[2008-03-05 20:29:12] <Ktsquare> but my name is not among the SteerComm
[2008-03-05 20:29:12] <Mitchell> lol
[2008-03-05 20:29:17] <kibble> Mitchell: I know :-(
[2008-03-05 20:29:19] <Ktsquare> MMMM
[2008-03-05 20:29:26] <Ayelie> mmmmmmmmm cookies.
[2008-03-05 20:29:30] <Az1568> lol
[2008-03-05 20:29:30] <Arctic_Gnome> M, eh?
[2008-03-05 20:29:53] <Ktsquare> lol
[2008-03-05 20:30:03] <Mitchell> SteerCom is pretty informal, hopefully.
[2008-03-05 20:30:40] <Ktsquare> LOL
[2008-03-05 20:30:57] <Ayelie> good for links!
[2008-03-05 20:31:08] <kibble> Ayelie: and tea
[2008-03-05 20:31:14] <Ayelie> kibble: that too.
[2008-03-05 20:31:20] <Mitchell> Yes, I think
[2008-03-05 20:31:29] <kibble> yep, Alan
[2008-03-05 20:31:31] <Ktsquare> By the way, I can't speak on Teamspeak at this moment, even though I hear the discussion
[2008-03-05 20:31:38] <Arctic_Gnome> no worries
[2008-03-05 20:31:40] * kibble wonders if anyone *Doesn't* know what Wikimania is
[2008-03-05 20:31:42] <Ktsquare> ok
[2008-03-05 20:31:46] <Ayelie> Wikimania as in Toronto's bid? or in Alexandria?
[2008-03-05 20:31:48] <Mitchell> kibble: We're good
[2008-03-05 20:31:51] <kibble> Wikimedia ;-)
[2008-03-05 20:31:59] <kibble> and no, not quite :-P http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikimania
[2008-03-05 20:32:02] <Mitchell> [[Wikimania]]
[2008-03-05 20:32:05] <Wikilinker> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania
[2008-03-05 20:32:06] <kibble> (in re: to a bunch of people going to bar)
[2008-03-05 20:32:08] <kibble> yep, Ayelie 
[2008-03-05 20:32:14] <Arctic_Gnome> wikiWania
[2008-03-05 20:32:15] <kibble> so, Toronto has had many bids before
[2008-03-05 20:32:19] <Ktsquare> Which city won the right to hold wikimania 2009?
[2008-03-05 20:32:28] <Mitchell> None... yet
[2008-03-05 20:32:29] <kibble> and this one is in the final round again
[2008-03-05 20:32:39] <Mitchell> Yay Canada!
[2008-03-05 20:32:50] <kibble> is anyone interested in doing anything for it if it gets selected?
[2008-03-05 20:32:53] <kibble> like as a chapter?
[2008-03-05 20:33:04] <kibble> "when is it?" --> wikimania 2008 or 2009?
[2008-03-05 20:33:08] <Ktsquare> when will be the date of decision
[2008-03-05 20:33:08] <kibble> 2008 is July 17-19
[2008-03-05 20:33:12] <kibble> in Alexandrai
[2008-03-05 20:33:20] <kibble> 2009 -> host city / date won't be announced yet
[2008-03-05 20:33:27] <kibble> if we get toronto, Ayelie ;-)
[2008-03-05 20:33:29] <kibble> yep
[2008-03-05 20:33:31] <Ayelie> :)
[2008-03-05 20:33:50] <kibble> Arctic_Gnome: well... Brisabane (Australia) hasn't got a turn yet
[2008-03-05 20:34:05] <Mitchell> Alan: It's over
[2008-03-05 20:34:07] <Mitchell> I thinl
[2008-03-05 20:34:09] <kibble> it's already been submitted, Zanimum and HOTR were some people working on it
[2008-03-05 20:34:10] <Mitchell> *think
[2008-03-05 20:34:11] <kibble> Alan_Ca: yep, a new one
[2008-03-05 20:34:15] <kibble> and so was Andrew L
[2008-03-05 20:34:24] <Ktsquare> yes, alan
[2008-03-05 20:34:29] * kibble was just wondering if we wanted to do anything about it as a chapter in the future
[2008-03-05 20:34:40] <kibble> heh
[2008-03-05 20:34:43] <kibble> not announced yet for 2010
[2008-03-05 20:34:45] <Mitchell> A while Alan
[2008-03-05 20:35:19] <kibble> yep
[2008-03-05 20:35:36] <kibble> lol
[2008-03-05 20:35:48] * kibble is glad wknight8111 isn't on here
[2008-03-05 20:35:53] <Ayelie> :P
[2008-03-05 20:36:13] -->| OhanaUnited (i=OhanaUni@i209-195-104-131.cia.com) has joined #wikimedia-ca
[2008-03-05 20:36:14] <kibble> Arctic_Gnome: Zanimum has been working on it for like ever :-(
[2008-03-05 20:36:18] * kibble huggles ohna
[2008-03-05 20:36:19] <Mitchell> Andrew!!!!
[2008-03-05 20:36:20] <kibble> OhanaUnited*
[2008-03-05 20:36:22] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +v OhanaUnited  by ChanServ
[2008-03-05 20:36:28] <Ayelie> OhanaUnited, finally! :P
[2008-03-05 20:36:38] <OhanaUnited> sry, got home late, and my mom made me not to open my laptop on dinner table
[2008-03-05 20:36:44] <kibble> heh
[2008-03-05 20:36:51] <Mitchell> Ohana: Would it be a problem to have meetings on Thursdays for you?
[2008-03-05 20:36:53] <kibble> Az1568 post your link
[2008-03-05 20:36:58] <Ktsquare> yes, arcticgnome
[2008-03-05 20:37:00] <OhanaUnited> around what time?
[2008-03-05 20:37:04] <Ktsquare> agree
[2008-03-05 20:37:09] <Az1568> kibble: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2010/Bids#Unofficial_bids
[2008-03-05 20:37:12] <kibble> :-P
[2008-03-05 20:37:14] <Mitchell> Ohana: Same time, in 2 weeks
[2008-03-05 20:37:16] <Az1568> heh :P
[2008-03-05 20:37:19] <OhanaUnited> oh yeah, toronto's bid is going to fail
[2008-03-05 20:37:20] <Mitchell> 15 days
[2008-03-05 20:37:46] <kibble> they're close
[2008-03-05 20:37:53] <Mitchell> They just formed, I think
[2008-03-05 20:37:53] <kibble> australia is approved by chapcom
[2008-03-05 20:37:55] <OhanaUnited> looking at Buenos Aires's bid, it's better than toronto's
[2008-03-05 20:37:58] <kibble> and they'll form in victoria soon
[2008-03-05 20:37:59] <Mitchell> They just got WMF approval
[2008-03-05 20:38:07] <Mitchell> IIRC
[2008-03-05 20:38:10] <OhanaUnited> btw, WMHK just got chapters committee approved as well
[2008-03-05 20:38:11] <kibble> Mitchell: but they're not officially formed yet :-)
[2008-03-05 20:38:14] <Mitchell> Yea
[2008-03-05 20:38:15] <kibble> OhanaUnited: yep
[2008-03-05 20:38:24] <kibble> as did Czech rebpublic and Austria, a bit back
[2008-03-05 20:38:35] <Ktsquare> yes
[2008-03-05 20:38:59] <Ktsquare> WMHK just got chapters committee approved as well. <===yes
[2008-03-05 20:39:09] <kibble> [[Wikimedia Hong Kong]] ;-)
[2008-03-05 20:39:10] <Wikilinker> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hong_Kong
[2008-03-05 20:39:24] <OhanaUnited> wikilinker? O_o
[2008-03-05 20:39:25] <OhanaUnited> who's that?
[2008-03-05 20:39:30] <Mitchell> A bot
[2008-03-05 20:39:31] <kibble> OhanaUnited: a bot
[2008-03-05 20:39:32] <Ktsquare> The Board of Trustees of the Foundation officially recognized Wikimedia Hong Kong as a Wikimedia Chapter on 5 March 2008. The Chapter will launch celebration activities, to share the joy with the community members.
[2008-03-05 20:39:33] <Arctic_Gnome> So, who want to steal a canoe with me and head to Alexandria this summer?
[2008-03-05 20:39:36] <Mitchell> It does links
[2008-03-05 20:39:42] <Mitchell> And is jun to play with
[2008-03-05 20:39:45] <Mitchell> *fun
[2008-03-05 20:39:47] <Ktsquare> lol arctic
[2008-03-05 20:39:53] <Mitchell> !q Right, Wikilinker?
[2008-03-05 20:39:54] <Wikilinker> Mitchell: Yes
[2008-03-05 20:39:56] <Mitchell> Yep
[2008-03-05 20:39:58] <Alan_Ca> Can someone bring Ohana up to speed on teamspeak?
[2008-03-05 20:40:09] <Mitchell> We are on Teamspeak voice stuff
[2008-03-05 20:40:20] <kibble> heh
[2008-03-05 20:40:23] <Mitchell> Alan: lol
[2008-03-05 20:40:24] <kibble> "voice stuff"
[2008-03-05 20:40:33] <Ktsquare> haha
[2008-03-05 20:40:34] <Ayelie> OhanaUnited: do you have a headset?
[2008-03-05 20:40:40] <Ayelie> or a microphone and speakers
[2008-03-05 20:40:45] * kibble is using ipod headphones :-D
[2008-03-05 20:40:48] <Mitchell> lol
[2008-03-05 20:40:57] <kibble> heh
[2008-03-05 20:41:09] <Ayelie> kibble: I was up until last week too :P luckily got a headset just in time for this o_o;
[2008-03-05 20:41:10] <OhanaUnited> i hav to install
[2008-03-05 20:41:15] <kibble> Ayelie: ;-)
[2008-03-05 20:41:18] <OhanaUnited> and last time it took me 2 days to get things right
[2008-03-05 20:41:19] <Mitchell> Is it safe to say that the meeting is over?
[2008-03-05 20:41:22] * kibble likes iPod headphones, easy to take out
[2008-03-05 20:41:23] <kibble> and put in
[2008-03-05 20:41:31] <kibble> Alan_Ca: nope
[2008-03-05 20:41:34] <kibble> lol
[2008-03-05 20:41:36] <Ktsquare> Is it safe to say that the meeting is over?
[2008-03-05 20:41:42] * kibble goes maniac
[2008-03-05 20:41:43] <Ktsquare> ok
[2008-03-05 20:41:50] * kibble can hear Alan_Ca stretching
[2008-03-05 20:41:55] <Mitchell> I might try and get my mic working
[2008-03-05 20:41:56] <kibble> and giggling...
[2008-03-05 20:42:20] <kibble> haha
[2008-03-05 20:42:23] <OhanaUnited> i can't hang around for long guys
[2008-03-05 20:42:30] <Arctic_Gnome> So have we decided anything?  What will be talking about next time?
[2008-03-05 20:42:31] <kibble> OhanaUnited: we're done :-)
[2008-03-05 20:42:33] <Ayelie> OhanaUnited: we're mostly done
[2008-03-05 20:42:35] <OhanaUnited> got another midterm coming saturday, then another one on next friday
[2008-03-05 20:42:39] <kibble> Arctic_Gnome: Mitchell will set up a page
[2008-03-05 20:42:44] <kibble> and then you can put agenda items
[2008-03-05 20:42:47] <kibble> night all
[2008-03-05 20:42:52] * kibble isn't quitting yet though
[2008-03-05 20:42:52] <Ktsquare> Good night
[2008-03-05 20:42:54] <Arctic_Gnome> g'night
[2008-03-05 20:42:55] <Az1568> night :)
[2008-03-05 20:42:56] <Mitchell> So meeting on the 20th
[2008-03-05 20:43:05] <Alan_Ca> 20:00 EST
[2008-03-05 20:43:09] <Mitchell> right
[2008-03-05 20:43:13] <Ayelie> good niiiight
[2008-03-05 20:43:33] <OhanaUnited> nite
[2008-03-05 20:44:02] * kibble wonders if Ayelie is leaving
[2008-03-05 20:44:09] <kibble> if not, we have to chat :-)